No announcement yet.

Guys carrying ladies bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The strange thing about this is that it seems to be uniquely Singaporean... you really don't see guys carrying their girlfriends bag overseas, I've actually had a few overseas visitors notice this. For myself, I can carry my own bag. It never gets that heavy that I would let my guy carry it for me.

Comment

My BF also like to carry my bag for me.. Sometime he even ask me to leave at the car.. Maybe he though that my bag was very heavy. But i still found it very caring. Maybe we both live in our world dont care about what people think.. You are the one who love him and not others love him.. why should i go and care what others think!

No offence to anyone....

^_*

Comment

I really don't care either way.

Comment

I can name one more uniquely Singaporean thing: girls going to the washroom in pairs :Doh: Even the foreign (including Asian) women don't get it.

I don't care either. I wish my SO's more sensitive, though.. or perhaps I'd just have to ask, when the bag I'm lugging is a little too heavy; when he's empty-handed :roll: This is lame sometimes I'd goad him into a mini fight about such things. To him (or men, generally), we just have to ask. End of story.

Comment

I saw a guy carrying a sling gucci bag for his gf, which i find a tad 'ugly' on him. It's like erm, its such a small bag on such a big body....and why can't the gf carry it herself since it will anyway 'accessorize' her outfit a little..furthermore it's a sling..it wont be of any hassle to her in any way?

My bf thinks that guys carrying girl's tote bag/handbags is ugly..so he will never carry for me. I will also not request him to carry UNLESS i need my hands free for searching for clothes and/or trying on clothes and he will try to hide my small bag underneath some paper bags (if he do happen to carry). If it's a sports or gym bag or unisex backpack, he dont mind carrying for me if it's too heavy...

Some of my friends just 'throw' their bags over to their bfs whenever they meet each other...(taking things forgranted? )
            Last edited by cUp; 03-07-2005, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Haha cUp My boyfriend is same like yours, will never carry my handbag. But I'm fine as my bags are too loud in terms of designs

Comment

Handbag is one of fashion accessories; so I carry that myself. Only would ask hubby to give a hand if I'm handful of other stuff.
                Anyway hubby can jolly well carry the fully loaded diaper bag or worse sometimes, when he has to carry a full load of stroller with toddler & shoppings all in it up/down the stairs.

Comment

haha cUp..my bf has the exact mentality as your bf..
                  he refuses to carry my bag.. which is fine with me since i think that guys look "ugly" when they carry girls' bag... (apologies to gals and guys out there who are offended.. just my personal opinion)
                  however, he does help me carry my laptop bag which is darn heavy...

but at the end of the day... really.. its a private arrangement between the couple... if they happy about it... we should just let them be and leave them in peace...

Comment

If a guy is comfortable with carrying his gf's bag, I don't see what is the problem. On cold days I ask my boy to carry my bag for me so I can have my hands free to stick into my coat pocket to keep warm. He doesn't mind even if it's one of my girly bags and we don't really care what other people around us think. That being said, I do prefer to carry my bag myself most of the time. Some of my bags tend to be a little delicate so I think it's definitely safer for me to carry them myself.

Comment

SO has no qualms about carrying my bags, even dainty handbags when I need to put my hands to better use. And he always make it a point to carry my shopping bags. I guess it's pretty much a private affair between couples and what they are really comfortable with. Everyone has their own preferences.

Comment

Although.. I will admit, when I see a guy carrying his gf's little little bag...

I think "Jeez. Dumbass. Both of you. Her for letting him, him for offering."

Comment

It's a turn off for me to see a guy carry GF's bag.
                          I definitely would not like my man to carry my bag for me.
                          I once saw a poor guy carrying his big backpack (seems like he's an army guy), and had to carry his GF's small gucci bag while his GF walk barehands like no body's business. Why do you want to buy a branded bag and let your guy carry?

Comment

My man carries my gym bag for me because it's a safe black Adidas duffle. When I carry my wicker tote out, I'm considerate enough not to let him be seen carrying it... ALONE. Just jesting... I have a really bad back, and I like to pack everything but the kitchen sink into my bag, so my boyfriend tries to help me out as much as he can... Really grateful for that.

Comment

I personally dont allow my SO to carry my bags but there are days when i get so lazy carrying my bags so i shove it to him

The other time he carries my bags is when i am busy rampaging through the sales racks and stuff

Comment

I do not allow my boy to carry my bag for me too. But again, my boy is so full of ego he thinks carrying a ladies' bag is so un-man.

Comment

Working...
                                X