No announcement yet.

Guys carrying ladies bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange that this is generating so much "controversy". Hardly seems like current affairs. Don't care either way. May look ugly, but then so do alot of things.

Comment

My bf don't mind carrying my bags, be it big or small but he will complain if it;s too heavy.
      Usually he will request me to leave it in the car and just bring the wallet and hp.

Comment

I don't really like it if my guy carries my bag... I'd rather carry it myself, especially if it is like a girly clutch. The most I'd ask him to help me to hold if I'm off to the loo. If not, I think it's not sightly for him to be seen carrying my bag.

Comment

doesn't bother me at all! i don't feel disgusted when i see a guy carrying his gf's bag. it's more likely that i'll think he's very sweet than he's a sissy.

i mean whatever people do it's still their business why judge them just because the girl doesn't carry her own bag?

me & SO carry each other's bag. when we're in school, sometimes we just switch bags for the fun of it. i see nothing wrong with that. when we go out, he likes to dump all his stuff into my bag. so sometimes he carry. sometimes i feel lazy i throw to him. i still see nothing wrong in that. as long as both parties are willing and they are not bothering anyone so what's the big deal? :roll:

Comment

my SO carries my bags for me too. to him it's a sign of care and concern from him.

normally my to-the-school-bags are quite heavy so he'll offer to carry it for me when we meet, if not he'll suggest that we leave it in the car. heh!

if we're out shopping with my handcarry bag, he'll either offer to carry it for me sometimes, or he'll carry it for me when i'm looking through the clothes.

i don't see anything wrong with guys carrying bags for their partners. but SO did mention that i can't leave him alone with the bag. haha! egos!

Comment

my SO dont mind carrying my bag either, but i just dont like the idea of him carrying it. probably bags are more like accessories to me, and i find it weird for him to carry such a girly thing. but then again, if they are hand carried shopping bags then it's perfectly fine.

anyway, we should really appreciate if they do initiate to help.

Comment

Having guys carry heavy shopping bags are fine with me, but I'll prefer to keep my personal belongings in my hand.

Either way, he rarely offers to help me carry anything. It's more of me thrusting the bag into his hands.

Comment

personally for me.. if i do have a bf, i never ask him to carry my bags. unless we are going shopping then he will carry those shopping bags. Cause i feel that man carrying for ladies bags, yes they are gentleman but yet we cannot deny the fact that it looks odd on them.

Comment

SO dont mind but i mind.
                    unless i am carrying a big baggie full of his stuff (SO dont have a man bag), i actually prefer to carry my own, thank you

nothing wrong with men carrying the bags for their gfs or wives or even gal pals, my guy buddies always offer to do so

Comment

Small bags really looks weird on big guys. It just like a any guy(not bf) carrying a lady's bag. Can't deny it looks odd. But if we know that the guy if carrying bag for gf, might just felt yes he is so nice to carry bag for her. But sometimes, bags are girls accessories. Like why buy a cute/classy bag and let the guy carry? I mean just small tiny handbags...

But of cos, there's no right or wrong Just some personal opinions

Comment

Never. I never let my man carry my bag no matter how tired I am. My bag is my bag. Call me traditional but I always thought that men should be 'shouldering' other heavier responsibilities.

The only bags he can carry are shopping bags Then again, I don't like shopping with him so he practically doesn't need to hold any.

Comment

My SO never carries my bag. He always think we girls should carry our own bag. Cause he thinks it make the girl look stupid as if she cannot carry her own bag, then might as well don't carry one.

SO always bring a big haversack with him, so can stuffs all the things i brought. He like both hands to be free so can hold my hand ***.

Comment

hmmm... SO doesn't like carrying my bag. Like Vienna's SO, he thinks that girls should carry their own bag. But he'll carry the stuffs that i buy.. so i guess its fine with me. Don't really like guys carrying girl's bag. Some look really sissy carrying those bags. hee~... :X

Comment

my bf don't mind carrying my bag for me.
                              but recently one of his fren did not know that his carrying for me,and ask him if he has changed "concept"..lol

Then my bf told me next time better dun buy too girlish bags.
                              Last edited by ruzty; 06-07-2005, 01:52 AM.

Comment

rutzy, a gentle reminder to stick to standard English. Non-standard English will be replaced by ***. Tried editing for you but couldn't think of any right words. Thank you for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X