No announcement yet.

Guys carrying ladies bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time during dating somehow my SO don't like to carry bags for me. He says its very sissy but he'll still carry them for me if I'm tired or my hands are full and if I asked him to. Then after we got married and when I'm preggie, he'll ask me if I needed his help in carrying my bag, no matter its a big or small bag. And now he'll volunteer to carry for me whenever we are out. And if my little girl is out with us, he thinks its by default that he'll help to carry the heavy bag containing my stuff + my girls stuff while I hold hands and walk with my girl.

When I ask him now how come he've changed the thinking of guys carrying bags for ladies are sissy, he said he still thinks its sissy, but he'll do it cos he loves me and dotes on me and don't want my arms to feel tired carry a heavy bag. He says it doesn't matter how others thinks of him, its mine that are important.....

Comment

Your SO is so sweet.
      Mine offers to carry any kind of my bag no matter how girly it is.

Comment

Here is my take on this:

http://jolynmorningstar.blogspot.com...-handbags.html

Comment

mm..my boyfriend told me once that whenever he helps me carry my bag, he'd rather it be girly types.. ..coz' if it's like halfway girly and unisex-ly , it'd look like he's a sissy.. but yet if it's a girly bag, people would most likely to say that it is gentlemanly..

Comment

haha, call me whatever but I dun like guys carrying bags for their girlfriend.. I mean mancho and carrying a small girly bag.. okie, even if the bag is huge and manly, i still dun fancy such scene

Comment

Well said! Said like a true man! LittleLambie u have a great hubby!

I dont understand what is so girly about it when a guy just wants to relieve his girl of her load.... It's not as though people will think it's his bag right? :roll:

Comment

I don't think that a bag the size of a CD constitutes a "load".

Comment

i think it not only depends on the size of the bag but also the way the bag is carried....

If it can be slinged on the shoulders like a CD bag i dont think it can be very heavy... It really has to depend...

But for me, my SO never offers to carry my bag.. Whether it is a huge tote or a smaller bag but still of substantial weight... He only complains that i walk slow... :roll:

Comment

Mine will carry almost any bags for me, although he looks quite weird sometime with those bags. hehe. he always carrys my school bag for me though although it looks really funny when he is carrying it.

Comment

don't flame me. but i think it's purely retarded for a guy to carry a small and light hand bag. even if it's A4 sized(provided if girlish looking).. the lady should be carrying it herself. of course, unless it's containing goldbars or any substance of equivalent weight.

unless she is suffering from some strange arm disfunction or is busy with something.

absolutely spastic guys toting tiny handbags when the girl's hands are totally free.

my very honest opinion.

Comment

There're times when i feel so tired carrying my heavy school bag with my lap top and everything and SO will always offer to help me carry it. I will only let him do it if im really very tired.

But I know of some gals who just want their SO to carry their bags for em to show to everyone how loving their SOs are which i think is totally ridiculous. How heavy can tt small girl bag be?? Being a gal doesnt mean you cant do anything and must rely on a guy for everything like even carrying your own bag right?

Comment

LittleLambie, awww your DH is so loving!

Comment

i only ask my SO to carry my bag when i'm really tired but even then, he'll put it in between our hands when we're holding hands ( i hope that makes sense ) so that it'll still look like i'm carrying it. he doesn't want to be caught dead carrying a lady's bag!!

Comment

think i'm the unusual one.. i always throw my bag to my bf and walk empty handed.. unless my bag could be shoulder carry.
                              He used to complain in the past, but think he given up. esp i'm always sick these days... he'd just slip his hand onto my bag. I don't find it a disgrace or care about how others see.. as long as i feel comfortable.

Comment

Shan i like you... my SO carries my bags for me and sometimes i just dump my bag to him. When the bag gets heavy i tend to slough so my SO carries them for me.
                                But now... he's overseas so its just me myself and i.

Comment

Working...
                                X