No announcement yet.

NKF vs SPH lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's reasonable for a CEO of a business enterprise. Which it is not. Even if it is registered as a business, it clearly isn't marketing any type of product that people pay to enjoy, unless you count the patients - what are they, the product or the patrons? But to each his/her own. We will stick to our opinions.

Comment

• So what do everyone think should be a decent salary for a CEO of a charity organisation ?

Personally I think $10K a month is a lot already, and one month AWS only. No bonus !

That should be able to feed a family of four comfortably. But cannot stay in bungalow or drive mercedes.

Comment

• Food for thought:

Pay well for a 'top talent' who can bring in the money
        or
        Pay lower for an average talent who can only manage to bring in half the money?

Comment

• When our economy is bullish, high salary of our govt is justified. When it was bad, not just once, why is it still higher? Isn't nkf following the same principle?

Comment

• Agreed! That's how this famous line came about: The rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer!

There are some things that I do agree with the general public about Durai. He certainly need to do a lot of soul-searchning. But to look at it from another angle, he did increase the revenue from a 2 digit amount to 3 digit (in the millions). For all the wrong he has done, he has at least done something right i.e. increased public awareness of kidney problems and under him, NKF did generated lots of donations.

As the saying goes:
            When I'm right
            Nobody remembers
            when I'm wrong
            Nobody forgets

All the talk about giving people/failures/bankrupts/prisoners etc. second chances... I can understand he's probably thinking: all my hard work gone just because of a few mistakes I made.
            I believed that most of us, working adults have been there before. How much effort and time have we put into our work only to be vindicated due to some silly mistakes?

I guess Durai does deserve a second chance...if he takes responsibility for his mistakes and repents.
            Last edited by zjaninez; 15-07-2005, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• The fact remains that only 15% of all donations go towards subsidizing the patients. KDF subsidizes almost the same dollar amount with less staff, less expenses, and less donations. So what's the point of increasing the annual "turnover". This ISN'T a business.

Comment

• I heard from some people that KDF does not provide dialysis..well, they don't provide the patients with the use of a dialysis machine, rather. It was said that instead of using the dialysis machine, these poor patients (literally and figuratively, because I understand that KDF helps the low income earners only) has to insert some kind of tube (??) at their inner thigh (which was said to be more painful than dialysis) and "wash" their blood on their own....

IMHO, Durai has done wrong and probably feels repentent (who are we to say not, rite?). So let's not stop helping real people with real problems...this I know because my MIL is suffering from kidney failure and has to go dialysis three times a week....and at this point of time, suffice to say that she couldn't have done it without NKF's help..my humble opinion only...God bless all...

Comment

• What did you think hemodialysis was about? Hemodialysis requires that the blood be removed from the body, cleaned by the machine with the dialysate and synthetic membrane filtering impurities from the blood, and reintroduced into the body through what is called a fistula, a connection between an artery and a vein. An artery carries blood away from the heart, a vein carries blood towards the heart. Fistulas can be located in the arm or leg, e.g. thigh like you mentioned. How else would you get the blood in and out of the body cleanly? Doctors run the KDF. It may not be the squeaky clean organization it's "hyped" up to be but they know what they're doing.

The other type of dialysis is continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD), in which dialysate with a composition that will attract impurities out of the blood is pumped into the abdomen through a special catheter, making use of the peritoneal membrane as a filter, is left for a few hours and removed from the body several times a day so that the dialysis is more or less continuous. Blood is not removed from the body but rather the dialysate is introduced into it. It's less incapacitating than hemodialysis and patients can do it at home themselves, but there are limiting factors, like infection. For hemodialysis if the fistula gets infected/fibrosed it can be relocated, but once there is an infection CAPD can no longer be used. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, but these are the two main dialysis methods so I don't know what you're referring to.
                  Last edited by Aphrael; 16-07-2005, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Whoa ok..thanks for the explanation...sorry of course i don't really know anything about it as much as you do...my guess is you're in the medical industry and i'm not...and i'm not slamming KDF, just saying that's what i heard (ever heard don't shoot the messenger???)...thanks for your nice reply anyway...

Comment

• I believe in verifying facts rather than just propagating it without basis. It wasn't meant to be personal, so no point being sarcastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by tamarind
                        I haven't heard of monks who drive mercedes.
                        I've heard of nuns owning huge houses and luxury cars and toting branded bags

Comment

• I totally agree with Aphrael on her stance. The main point here is NKF is supposed to be a private non-profit organisation. Despite they have registered as a business entity, they have been putting up charity shows and promotions not just to create awareness about the kidney patients but to get donations through unnecessary marketing strategies. If we want to talk about educating the public, the strategy on 'donate to win a car' is definitely not the right way. And based on the earlier posts by the forumers, all of us know that there are more than one NKF's unnecessary marketing strategies.

Comment

• It seems NKF is approached by the government to expand to the cancer area 'cos they are very good in it. True? The directors pay huge sum of taxes, so it's not a secret to IRA (public kept in the dark though) But I guess enough say......nothing would be changed.
                            Last edited by latte; 16-07-2005, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• this is getting OT but seriously, i've seen a chinese nun in lingerie section back in the ole tangs studio at Scotts Shopping Center. me and my gf's eyes nearly popped out cause she was choosing very very lacy and sexy bra and panties set. the first thing that came to our mind was, isn't she supposed to have "cut off all ties with the material world" ?

Comment

• oh yeah, N*F only provides kidney dialysis to the more well off people. It's true.

Comment

Working...
                                X