No announcement yet.

NKF vs SPH lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes I have heard that NKF is more willing to subsidize if the patient takes charge of his/her own life, e.g. finding a job and working if physical condition permits. Basically they believe that help should be given only if you're trying to help yourself. If you're able bodied and refuse to do work even though your kidney failure does not prevent you from doing so, they are less likely to give you the subsidy.

Comment

• Yes, Namida is right, hopefully the new board line up will take more positive steps towards improving the selection criteria and the amount of money for the patients. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.... :eh:

Comment

• if they really improve their selection criteria i will donate money to the organisation. now we only wait and see...

Comment

• Hmm.. I don't know. But I'd prefer to stick to my stand as my friend resigned cos she thought the system was downright disgusting as they rejected many low-income families and gave them absurd excuses. The reason why they only wanna help high-income families is cos they have the means to foot the full fees for dialysis.

**I don't wanna get agressive here, so to those who don't agree, it's okay i guess. This issue is really to one's discretion.**

Comment

• Remember, there is a 40 year reserve. There's no hurry.

Comment

• bellalynn .. actually i want to ask you about this ... "The reason why they only wanna help high-income families is cos they have the means to foot the full fees for dialysis. "

so if they are able to pay the full fees then they don't really need N*F's assistance for subsidies? unless you mean they are permitted to use the dialysis facilities at the center and they turn away low-income patients from using the machines? that would be a very serious matter i think!!!

Comment

• Read about how NKF who rejected applications with combined income of 3k. Maybe there are people who are in worse situations? Like those who stay in 1 room rented flats who eat 1 pack of maggi mee for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Or those abandoned by their children? Just a thought..

Comment

• bellalyn, i think it's absolutely gross if they are actually doing such things. And ur friend really did the right job in quitting! *clap clap*

I think they need a completely new mangement and set of requirements to set the records right.

First they should definitely increase the amount of funds reaching the people who needs the subsidy, instead of the current 15%. And then try to cater to more people on a case by case basis and not just on the total monthly household income... Which is not a true reflection of household living standards..

Comment

• If they are rejecting applicants based on the current set of criteria, and only 15% of the funds are being channeled to a limited subset of patients which they probably don't fully subsidize anyways, don't you think there's something wrong? Why have such a huge reserve? We don't have security for the rest of our lives, and yet our life goes on. Sure, there are people who are living on less than 1K a month, etc, do they get full subsidy? Yes, if they work and want to help themselves, they are supposed to get more, but the subsidy goes down with the income. Yet I'm sure people who get more pay can still do with some help. NKF is not making the best use of its funds no matter how you look at it. NKF may just serve as a dialysis facility for people who can afford it. But who decides what people can afford? 3K having to feed 10 mouths or 1K feeding only 2? It still doesn't add up. Exactly who gets to decide what?

I have no problem with the huge pay packet - he did a good job as far as garnering funds, even if the means were less than desirable with the sob stories and guilt trips. I simply choose not to donate because I think it's unethical. However, I do have gripes with the 12-month bonus. So what if he had no pay increase between 1997-2005? He still had decent pay. First-class travel? What on earth is he travelling for in the first place and his arrogance in suing people for slander when he was seen in first class was utterly despicable. I don't care if it's budget entitlement or class entitlement. It was a loophole, he took it and got away with it. If he did indeed pay the difference, then why sue people for saying they saw him in first class? It doesn't add up once again. He pissed on himself. Golden tap? The list goes on. People are not just blindly bashing the organization just because they aren't earning as much. I'm sure Singaporeans aren't all stupid. But enough said. There will be an inquest, and while I don't think it's going to give me a satisfactory answer, this matter will blow over soon. The novelty's wearing off even as we speak.

Comment

• They reject the poorer patients so that they wouldn't have to subsidise.

Their fund layout is 20% for subsidees for patients,
                      whereas KDF provides 80% of their funds for subsidees.

Terrible eh?

Sigh.

Comment

• then i won;t donate a single cent even if they improve. hahah

Comment

• girls .. i didn't want to start a new thread anyways but while some of us are reserving our donations to NKF until the situation is cleared up and auditing for the "foundation" completed, would you like to consider channeling your funds to oxfam in aid of the west africa famine? countries particularly niger have more than 3 million people facing starvation. this figure includes at least 1 million children.

I chanced upon a 10cm by 10cm article in one small corner of ST Times and saw more reports on this on CNN news. i couldn't help but have my eyes water because i was enjoying my coffee and sandwich while there are people in other parts of the world who do not even have the luxury of clean water or bread. i am going to donate my money to more worthy cause instead.

Comment

Working...
                          X