• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoneyCupcakes21
    replied
    An IP Camera to help watch over

Hihi,

I just hired a new Indonesian helper to help look after my 3 mth old babygirl, especially since I will be going back to office in 2 weeks time (how I wish Singapore government grants a longer materinity leave). So far so good, she seems very patient and careful when she's bathing my baby but I still don't feel reassured ( you know all the reports on cases of maid/helper abuse baby/ elderly really just make me feel worried- what if it happens to my baby?), so my husband suggested how about we install a camera at home so we can monitor our baby whenever we want to. When he said that I thought to myself, yes I will definitely feel better with one but I cant imagine how are we gonna install a CCTV in our 4 room HDB?! To my surprise, what he meant was actually called IP Camera and it certainly gives me a peace of mind now that I can check on her (both baby and my helper) even when I am at work. We went down to IT Show at MBS yesterday and got a DCS-5222L. It's a model that can turn around, focus and visible even in the dark. The most wonderful part we think is that I can login to see my baby using my S2, and my husband can see her when he travels. Anyway just thought fellow Cozy members who needs to monitor helper/ maid or baby can try out IP Cameras as an alternative - just to make sure things are going ok at home - so here's a copy of the flyer to share. If you want to get it at the special price you have to grab it by tomorrow, its the last day for the IT Show! Hope it comes in handy for you like it did for me
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• princess101
    replied
    my first maid was with the family for 10 years. she really abused me mentally. i was around 8-10 years old that time. very naive and stupid. she told me she had magic powers and stuff and i had to listen to her else she will punish me. she will scream at me and my grandmother will not believe me because my grandmother trusts her totally. samr goes for my mother. luckily she left when i was 12 years old when her damn contact ended. my parents still like her a lot ad trusted her. only when she left did they discover the things that she has done and the lies she has told. she was once send to do grocery shopping and ended up rebonding her hair for 6 hours in the salon. my mother closed one eye and she thinks that if she scolds the maid , the maid may do funny stuff with the food.
    now the family has hired 3rd maid and i am much older alr. the 3 rd maid has been with us for 2 years. she is rather hardworking although likes to talk on hp. but close one eye ***. as long as she does her given work.
    i am still rather traumatisd with the first maid and dissapointed with my mom for not trusting what i said.

Leave a comment:

• ksychan
    replied
    I'm guessing she's doing this out of superstition rather than actually not having enough to eat. What a weird belief, where is she from, Philippines or Indonesia?

Leave a comment:

• steffieeee
    replied
    Originally posted by mayhua View Post
    the last maid i had insisted of wearing her own short pants although i suppplied her with very comfortable shorts. i finally realised the reason: her own shorts has pockets which make it very convienient for her to put handphone! she even had one side filled with uncooked rice which she said will protect her so that she will have enough to eat!the things maids do are really amazing!!!!!!!!
    Why does she put uncooked rice inside her pocket? You don't provide her with food?

Leave a comment:

• lerler
    replied
    Tamarind, i have always refer to your blog when i need help. Thank You!

Leave a comment:

• lerler
    replied
    I think insurance not likely because there are many insurance firm you can purchase it from. Or perhaps you google insurance firm maybe they offer it online?

Leave a comment:

• mayhua
    replied
    the last maid i had insisted of wearing her own short pants although i suppplied her with very comfortable shorts. i finally realised the reason: her own shorts has pockets which make it very convienient for her to put handphone! she even had one side filled with uncooked rice which she said will protect her so that she will have enough to eat!the things maids do are really amazing!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tamarind
    replied
    I have not written about my 8 maids in my blog before, because it is a very very long story. I don't think many people will have the patience to read it. Recently, I found that some people made unfair judgements about me, simply because I wrote that I have changed 8 maids in 4 years.

In summary, 2 maids were mentally unstable, 1 maid could not speak English, 2 maids asked to be transferred, 1 maid told too many lies, and 1 maid was sent away because I could not afford to keep her. My 8th maid is still with me after 3 years.

Anyone who wants to comment about me, please read the details before you jump into conclusion.

http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com/20...-my-maids.html

For those employers who encountered bad maids, remember that it is not your fault. No matter how good we treat the maid, she is not going to change from a bad maid to a good maid.

Leave a comment:

• ice_faith
    replied
    Hi lerler,

Thank you!

Do I have to get the insurance done 1st? Can that be done online too? If not, please advice.

Sorry for the many questions. Totally clueless.

Thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• lerler
    replied
    You can do it on your own. No need to go through agent

Leave a comment:

• ice_faith
    replied
    Hi all,

I need an advice regarding to renew my domestic helper's work permit.

She will be extending her stay with us for another year.

Would it be better to get the agency to do the renewal for me or by myself?

I have received the letter from MOM, stating that the renewal can be done online, that sound convenient.

Pleas advice.

Thank you all.

Leave a comment:

• cherrythewl
    replied
    i agree...

if you want her to be honest with you, you should ask her to be honest with you. if she refuses, then you tell her why you are being suspicious and if anything happens, she will have to bear the consequences. Have someone with you when you talk to your maid, as witness etc. =)

Leave a comment:

• steffieeee
    replied
    Originally posted by Preciously View Post
    Hi Mummies...

I got a maid who is with me about 1.5 years since before I give birth to my first boy... At first, she was quite good and hardworking... after she met my sil maid she want to have hp initially which I told her that I don allow hp.. last month she requested she want a hp again, and my hubby no choice and permit her to buy one on her own.

Less than 1 month she want to request to go out again.. we also let her go as she already 1.5years with us so I thought is ok.. but up till yesterday.. when she want to ask for my help to charge her hp.. i realise that she remove her sim card, which I found it very fishy... if there is nothing to hid.. y she must hind her sim card.. then the next morning I wanted to help her to bring to repair and she insist letting me have the hp and everything.. which I guess there must be something which I do not know.. I thought of sending her back but my boy still nobody take care...

Can anyone give me suggestions please... Now i very confuse and dunno what I should do now.. If let me find out that she got guys outside... I also cannot do anything till Oct my boy turns to 18 mths...

****.. what should I do...

hello.
    I suggest you clarify things with her first.
    Maybe she just wants to make her own personal life private?
    Besides she is still human and has friends that she wants to keep to herself.
    Even if she is still talking to a guy, he may just be a mutual friend.
    But do remind her that if she does anything wrong, you would be force to send her back.
    But whatever it is, I always tell others to respect their maids and their privacy.
    Treat your maids like how you would like to be treated if you were the maid.

Leave a comment:

• Preciously
    replied
    Maid

Hi Mummies...

I got a maid who is with me about 1.5 years since before I give birth to my first boy... At first, she was quite good and hardworking... after she met my sil maid she want to have hp initially which I told her that I don allow hp.. last month she requested she want a hp again, and my hubby no choice and permit her to buy one on her own.

Less than 1 month she want to request to go out again.. we also let her go as she already 1.5years with us so I thought is ok.. but up till yesterday.. when she want to ask for my help to charge her hp.. i realise that she remove her sim card, which I found it very fishy... if there is nothing to hid.. y she must hind her sim card.. then the next morning I wanted to help her to bring to repair and she insist letting me have the hp and everything.. which I guess there must be something which I do not know.. I thought of sending her back but my boy still nobody take care...

Can anyone give me suggestions please... Now i very confuse and dunno what I should do now.. If let me find out that she got guys outside... I also cannot do anything till Oct my boy turns to 18 mths...

****.. what should I do...

Leave a comment:

• GG
    replied
    sigh.... I also have my saga at home

My maid bought 916 gold jewelry and lied to my mum it costs only $8...
    She has a bf in SGP (could be more, who knows), a husband and a kid in Indo...
    She is addicted to mobile phones due to love affair, and not 1 not 2 but numerous phones...
    She lied to me with innocent look and shed crocodile tears...

from the many posts above, I believe to some extend the various family environment may resulting in the difference of maids' behaviour which can get complicated even further with the different personalities of a maid.

Family with young kids whoes both parents work fulltime (maid with no supervision) family made up of all adults & often there are pple at home (promotes tight supervision), family with grandies(promotes tight supervision), bedridden old folks etc etc.... may all contribute to if a maid may mis-behave or not on top of their personality.

Last edited by GG; 27-05-2009, 02:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X