High Blood Pressure / Hypertension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Blood Pressure / Hypertension

Hello! My friend's family has a history of high blood pressure so she's getting a little worried. Anyone knows ways to control it or lower it other then medicine? We went to the pharmacy and they recommended garlic pills.

I wouldn't recommend just garlic pills for controlling it. She could have a stroke in the meantime. Just go see a doctor and get the pills. There's no way out of this one. Exercise helps, but again, it doesn't work instantaneously.

Comment

do you gals really measure your blood pressure level?

Comment

The doctor said my blood pressure is quite high for a person my age. It worries me cos my family also has a history of high blood pressure. The only ways to control it (if you havent already gone to the "take 10 pills a day" stage) is to cut down on salt and lose weight (if necessary). The doctor told me the salt is the one that will cause your blood pressure to spike. Hope that helps

Comment

mine is about 105-120.. there is one time i ever shot up to 150!!!!! i am very skinny.

Comment

Hihi,
            i have found a product that could treat high blood pressure... but abit expensive....
            amazingly it does work....

PM me if you're interested...

Comment

Originally posted by smitten View Post
              Hello! My friend's family has a history of high blood pressure so she's getting a little worried. Anyone knows ways to control it or lower it other then medicine? We went to the pharmacy and they recommended garlic pills.

If she is preventing of high blood pressure, she would need to take care of her health. Esp the food she takes (no oily and high cholestrol food) most importantly dun take too much salt and sugar and also her lifestyle (sleep early, exercise).

My dad has high blood pressure, I also do have slight pressure. I recommend this tea from Lao Hang Jia, its call 七叶茶, very good for getting rid of the oil and helps in lowering the pressure. Its not expensive around 10++ for the tea leaves, which can last quite a long time for me.

Another would be 山楂, you can find this from the TCM shop. For consumption, you can drink this like a tea, or there are some other forms which can be eat like a tibits.

Hope this helps

Comment

low salt
                low fat
                more exercise, eg brisk walk 60 min daily.

2-3 months - recheck, if controlled and BP within normal range, continue healthy lifestyle, if uncontrolled, take medication, doc will normally start with low dose. Actually those medication are good esp. the cheap one called atenolol, few cents each. It is proven that it not only helps to decrease BP, it also helps to decrease the chances of getting heart attack.

Well, just my 2 cents, from a point of a ex-cardiac nurse who worked with cardiologists in a well known institute in Sg.

Comment

Working...
                X