No announcement yet.

USA > West Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no... reading all this makes me wanna go again.

Comment

• My gfs and I just did a 3 weeks west coast tour, Hotel 480 is 1 block away from Union Sq, we love it, it cost about 100 USD per night excluding taxes.

Comment

• hi linggy,

where did you book hotel 480? i just checked the internet and the room rate is more than USD 200 per night! unless you meant it's USD 100 per night per person.

Comment

• I stayed at hotel 480 for a 1 night in SF.
          And did not pay such a cheap price.!

Hotel 480 is not bad, clean and basic with a great location. Well worth the price.

OT: I stayed at Westin for a week on company expense, prior to that. And of course hotel 480 was a big difference- luxury wise.

But if I were to go there again, and at my own expense, and given that I am pretty satisfied with hotel 480, I would also check out the hotels in the Union square area. If the price is around the same (as hotel 480) the standard should be comparable.

Comment

• I booked it thru expedia.com for USD 98.25 excluding taxes per room per night for a double room.

Maybe it change according to seasons?

Comment

• Originally posted by kenshare View Post
              hi innerpeace
              I am going to US next month..very excited already. This is my 3rd trip doing to SF, LA and LV route but I still get excited...
              I am already drawing up my shopping list..
              May I know where did you stay in San Fran and if you drive? TIA!
              Hi kenshare,

I stayed in Prescott Hotel. We chose it because it is one block away from Union Square and is within walking distance to the cable car main station. Ya, we rented a car and drove around US. Enjoy your trip and shop more!

Comment

• Originally posted by kenshare View Post
                hi innerpeace
                I am going to US next month..very excited already. This is my 3rd trip doing to SF, LA and LV route but I still get excited...
                I am already drawing up my shopping list..
                May I know where did you stay in San Fran and if you drive? TIA!
                Hi kenshare,

I stayed in Prescott Hotel. We chose it because it is one block away from Union Square and is within walking distance to the cable car main station. Ya, we rented a car and drove around US. Enjoy your trip and shop more!

Comment

• Thanks for the reply, linggy! Will check it out!

Comment

• Originally posted by moomooland View Post
                    hi adel, i think a lot of tour agencies book Four Queens Hotel in Vegas, but i strongly do not recommend that, that's like the worst hotel I stayed in during my trip in the US. Room is tacky and smelly. Try to search around for hotels along the strip... i've read that people do get USD159 for Bellagio...I would love to stay there

the only good part about staying at Downtown is it's slightly nearer to the Las Vegas Premium Outlets than the hotels along the Strip.

As for SFO, if possible, try to get hotels in Union Square, better for shopping...and sightseeing at Fisherman's Wharf and around...though we stayed at Sheraton (free upgrade), we stayed at Pleasanton (which was quite far) from the city area...it was a land tour, so we did not have much options there...
                    Hi Hi

I'm going to Las Vegas and LA in Sept and the tour agency booked us in Four Queens.. OMG! But since that can't change do you have any idea how to get to the Vegas Premium Outlet?

I would also like to check out the South Coast Plaza in LA. How do i get there if i don't drive? i'll be staying at Best Western in Anaheim

Thanks for any tips!

Comment

• anaheim's nearer to disneyland, and is about 1.5 hours or so to downtown LA. the best suggestion's to get a rental car, as socal is quite hard to navigate otherwise. your hotel might have a bus? im sure a cab will be quite costly

Comment

• South Coast Plaza is not in LA. It's in Costa Mesa, which, I think, is the same county as Anaheim. Both in Orange County. I don't think those two places are far.The last time I went to South Coast from Disneyland, I remember it as quite a short trip.

Information of ground transportation from Anaheim to South Coast Plaza is available at: http://www.southcoastplaza.com/

Visitor Information > Plan Your Visit > Ground Transportation

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Comment

• Hi girls,

I'll be traveling to US on 11D west america package tour.
                          How much cash to do you think I should bring including all those for shopping etc?

Comment

• I think it all really depends on what you are planning to buy here and also whether you will have a lot of free time shopping.

Comment

• I've been living in the San Francisco Bay Area for 2+ years. Why didn't I think of giving tours to Singaporean groups in Singlish/dialect??

It's almost September. SF will have a coupla warm weeks before it starts to get chilly all day and night. Be aware that some parts of the city are cloudier and chillier than others. Always always bring a good jacket and layering clothes!

Comment

• Originally posted by natazha View Post
                                I think it all really depends on what you are planning to buy here and also whether you will have a lot of free time shopping.
                                Natazha: Well... I'm definitely planning to get some cosmetics (NARS, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay, etc), a Coach bag would be great too. And of course if I see other shoes...bags...clothes...anything good really...I want it all. Do I sound confusing? Haha I really have no idea how much money I should bring. Hopefully I bring enough so that I don't have to use my credit card.

Comment

Working...
                                X