No announcement yet.

USA > West Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone! I'm so glad i found this forum Am planning my honeymoon to US next April... but am pretty clueless about US...
    My hubby n I are still contemplating whether to follow tour or F&E ... would grealy appreciate if you can share with me your itinerary plus other details.. at US
    Thanks heaps!!

my email add is [email protected]

Comment

• Hi celineOp, can u kindly share your itinerary pls?
      I'm also planning a trip to SF/LA& LV.

Also, how do you "check out the many discounts that hotels n restaurants are offering"?
      Can share some tips w me pls?

Can also PM me. Tks so much!

Comment

• Hi SimpleSweet84, I'm also going to US Mar 12 for my honeymoon!!
        Spent the last few days surfing and browsing through the guidebooks and here's what I come up with so far (first time going US and we are relying on public transport)

Los Angeles
        Day 1: Check in (Planning to get a hotel along hollywood blvd near a metro station to go to Hollywood & Highland, Universal Studio)
        Day 2: Sightseeing/Shopping (Hollywood, Sunset, Melrose area) - Walk of Fame & Hollywood Sign can be seen around these area
        Day 3: San Diego SeaWorld (with tour group)
        Day 4: Warner Bro Studio tour (With tour group) (abt half day) & Sightseeing (either Hollywood area or beverly hills area)
        Day 5: Universal Studio & CityWalk (You can take metro rail to universal city then take shuttle from there, CityWalk is a shopping mall beside universal Studio)

Las Vegas
        Day 6: Travel to Vegas (taking a coach, depart around 7am, should reach around 2pm), explore south hotels (Planet Hollywood, New York New York, Luxor, Excalibur, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay)
        Day 7: Premium Outlet Shopping (North) You can take their strip & downtown express bus (northbound)
        Day 8: Premium Outlet Shopping (South) Strip & Downtown express bus (southbound)
        Although there are quite some overlapping brands in the two outlets, there are also quite some shops that is only in one of the outlet:
        North (bebe, 7 for all mankind, Armani Exchange, Benetton, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, Guess, Hugo Boss, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, Oakley,Salvatore Ferragamo, Ted Baker, Tory Burch, Kate Spade)
        South (Aeropostale, Billabong,Dickies, Esprit, Fox, Wet Seal etc, younger ppl's clothes...I'm old...LOL)
        Day 9: Grand Canyon (With tour group)
        Day 10: Hotel Hopping (South & Center Strip [Bellagio, Caesars palace, mirage) + Shopping (there's a Coca Cola store and M&M store near MGM)
        Day 11: Hotel Hopping (Whatever hotels above mentioned not covered of go north strip area go Fashion Show Mall for more shopping, near Wynn hotels)
        (South strip area has the cheapest accomodation with north strip area being the most expensive)

San Francisco
        Day 12: Domestic Flight to San Francisco (about an hour's flight but the airport is quite a distance from the hotels) Hoping to stay around union square area
        Day 13: Union Square + Chinatown
        Day 14: Travel to Yosemite
        Day 15: Yosemite
        Day 16: Travel back to San Francisco
        Day 17: (hoping to) Cycle Golden Gate Bridge and Muir (redwood forest) and take ferry back very very old and tall trees (if you watch rise of the apes, that's the place!!) (Self guided bike tour)
        Day 18: Alcatraz (Half day) Shopping
        Day 19: North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39
        Day 20: Cycling around (maybe go Golden Gate Park or explore around)
        Day 21: Bye Bye US

Yup that's about my plans so far.....I booked some one-day tours to make it more hassle free since we do not have public transport, you can check out some of the websites below for such tours:
        LA: Los Angeles tours, Hollywood tours, Universal Studios, Movie Star Homes, Disneyland | All Los Angeles Tours
        LV: Las Vegas Tours, Las Vegas Grand Canyon Tours, Las Vegas Helicopter Tours | All Las Vegas Tours
        SF: San Francisco Tours, San Francisco Sightseeing Tours, Alcatraz Tours & SF Helicopter Tours | All San Francisco Tours
        Starline Tours, Hollywood tours & Los Angeles tours since 1935!
        Tours, sightseeing tours, activities & things to do | Viator.com

Hope that helps....Phew such a long post....

Comment

• Hi SimpleSweet84, I'm also going to US Mar 12 for my honeymoon!!
          Spent the last few days surfing and browsing through the guidebooks and here's what I come up with so far (first time going US and we are relying on public transport)

Los Angeles
          Day 1: Check in (Planning to get a hotel along hollywood blvd near a metro station to go to Hollywood & Highland, Universal Studio)
          Day 2: Sightseeing/Shopping (Hollywood, Sunset, Melrose area) - Walk of Fame & Hollywood Sign can be seen around these area
          Day 3: San Diego SeaWorld (with tour group)
          Day 4: Warner Bro Studio tour (With tour group) (abt half day) & Sightseeing (either Hollywood area or beverly hills area)
          Day 5: Universal Studio & CityWalk (You can take metro rail to universal city then take shuttle from there, CityWalk is a shopping mall beside universal Studio)

Las Vegas
          Day 6: Travel to Vegas (taking a coach, depart around 7am, should reach around 2pm), explore south hotels (Planet Hollywood, New York New York, Luxor, Excalibur, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay)
          Day 7: Premium Outlet Shopping (North) You can take their strip & downtown express bus (northbound)
          Day 8: Premium Outlet Shopping (South) Strip & Downtown express bus (southbound)
          Although there are quite some overlapping brands in the two outlets, there are also quite some shops that is only in one of the outlet:
          North (bebe, 7 for all mankind, Armani Exchange, Benetton, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, Guess, Hugo Boss, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, Oakley,Salvatore Ferragamo, Ted Baker, Tory Burch, Kate Spade)
          South (Aeropostale, Billabong,Dickies, Esprit, Fox, Wet Seal etc, younger ppl's clothes...I'm old...LOL)
          Day 9: Grand Canyon (With tour group)
          Day 10: Hotel Hopping (South & Center Strip [Bellagio, Caesars palace, mirage) + Shopping (there's a Coca Cola store and M&M store near MGM)
          Day 11: Hotel Hopping (Whatever hotels above mentioned not covered of go north strip area go Fashion Show Mall for more shopping, near Wynn hotels)
          (South strip area has the cheapest accomodation with north strip area being the most expensive)

San Francisco
          Day 12: Domestic Flight to San Francisco (about an hour's flight but the airport is quite a distance from the hotels) Hoping to stay around union square area
          Day 13: Union Square + Chinatown
          Day 14: Travel to Yosemite
          Day 15: Yosemite
          Day 16: Travel back to San Francisco
          Day 17: (hoping to) Cycle Golden Gate Bridge and Muir (redwood forest) and take ferry back very very old and tall trees (if you watch rise of the apes, that's the place!!) (Self guided bike tour)
          Day 18: Alcatraz (Half day) Shopping
          Day 19: North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39
          Day 20: Cycling around (maybe go Golden Gate Park or explore around)
          Day 21: Bye Bye US

Yup that's about my plans so far.....I booked some one-day tours to make it more hassle free since we do not have public transport, you can check out some of the websites below for such tours:
          LA: Los Angeles tours, Hollywood tours, Universal Studios, Movie Star Homes, Disneyland | All Los Angeles Tours
          LV: Las Vegas Tours, Las Vegas Grand Canyon Tours, Las Vegas Helicopter Tours | All Las Vegas Tours
          SF: San Francisco Tours, San Francisco Sightseeing Tours, Alcatraz Tours & SF Helicopter Tours | All San Francisco Tours
          Starline Tours, Hollywood tours & Los Angeles tours since 1935!
          Tours, sightseeing tours, activities & things to do | Viator.com

Hope that helps....Phew such a long post....

Comment

• Hi babes, anyone who has more to add on travel tips to the LA and LV? I will be spending 7D in LV and 6D in LA.

How about the phone we use there? Any tips on pre-paid SIM cards?

TIA.

Comment

Working...
            X