Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissGinger
    replied
    Hi babes, anyone who has more to add on travel tips to the LA and LV? I will be spending 7D in LV and 6D in LA.

How about the phone we use there? Any tips on pre-paid SIM cards?

TIA.

Leave a comment:

• NoirAeC
    replied
    Hi SimpleSweet84, I'm also going to US Mar 12 for my honeymoon!!
    Spent the last few days surfing and browsing through the guidebooks and here's what I come up with so far (first time going US and we are relying on public transport)

Los Angeles
    Day 1: Check in (Planning to get a hotel along hollywood blvd near a metro station to go to Hollywood & Highland, Universal Studio)
    Day 2: Sightseeing/Shopping (Hollywood, Sunset, Melrose area) - Walk of Fame & Hollywood Sign can be seen around these area
    Day 3: San Diego SeaWorld (with tour group)
    Day 4: Warner Bro Studio tour (With tour group) (abt half day) & Sightseeing (either Hollywood area or beverly hills area)
    Day 5: Universal Studio & CityWalk (You can take metro rail to universal city then take shuttle from there, CityWalk is a shopping mall beside universal Studio)

Las Vegas
    Day 6: Travel to Vegas (taking a coach, depart around 7am, should reach around 2pm), explore south hotels (Planet Hollywood, New York New York, Luxor, Excalibur, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay)
    Day 7: Premium Outlet Shopping (North) You can take their strip & downtown express bus (northbound)
    Day 8: Premium Outlet Shopping (South) Strip & Downtown express bus (southbound)
    Although there are quite some overlapping brands in the two outlets, there are also quite some shops that is only in one of the outlet:
    North (bebe, 7 for all mankind, Armani Exchange, Benetton, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, Guess, Hugo Boss, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, Oakley,Salvatore Ferragamo, Ted Baker, Tory Burch, Kate Spade)
    South (Aeropostale, Billabong,Dickies, Esprit, Fox, Wet Seal etc, younger ppl's clothes...I'm old...LOL)
    Day 9: Grand Canyon (With tour group)
    Day 10: Hotel Hopping (South & Center Strip [Bellagio, Caesars palace, mirage) + Shopping (there's a Coca Cola store and M&M store near MGM)
    Day 11: Hotel Hopping (Whatever hotels above mentioned not covered of go north strip area go Fashion Show Mall for more shopping, near Wynn hotels)
    (South strip area has the cheapest accomodation with north strip area being the most expensive)

San Francisco
    Day 12: Domestic Flight to San Francisco (about an hour's flight but the airport is quite a distance from the hotels) Hoping to stay around union square area
    Day 13: Union Square + Chinatown
    Day 14: Travel to Yosemite
    Day 15: Yosemite
    Day 16: Travel back to San Francisco
    Day 17: (hoping to) Cycle Golden Gate Bridge and Muir (redwood forest) and take ferry back very very old and tall trees (if you watch rise of the apes, that's the place!!) (Self guided bike tour)
    Day 18: Alcatraz (Half day) Shopping
    Day 19: North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39
    Day 20: Cycling around (maybe go Golden Gate Park or explore around)
    Day 21: Bye Bye US

Yup that's about my plans so far.....I booked some one-day tours to make it more hassle free since we do not have public transport, you can check out some of the websites below for such tours:
    LA: Los Angeles tours, Hollywood tours, Universal Studios, Movie Star Homes, Disneyland | All Los Angeles Tours
    LV: Las Vegas Tours, Las Vegas Grand Canyon Tours, Las Vegas Helicopter Tours | All Las Vegas Tours
    SF: San Francisco Tours, San Francisco Sightseeing Tours, Alcatraz Tours & SF Helicopter Tours | All San Francisco Tours
    Starline Tours, Hollywood tours & Los Angeles tours since 1935!
    Tours, sightseeing tours, activities & things to do | Viator.com

Hope that helps....Phew such a long post....

Leave a comment:

• NoirAeC
    replied
    Hi SimpleSweet84, I'm also going to US Mar 12 for my honeymoon!!
    Spent the last few days surfing and browsing through the guidebooks and here's what I come up with so far (first time going US and we are relying on public transport)

Los Angeles
    Day 1: Check in (Planning to get a hotel along hollywood blvd near a metro station to go to Hollywood & Highland, Universal Studio)
    Day 2: Sightseeing/Shopping (Hollywood, Sunset, Melrose area) - Walk of Fame & Hollywood Sign can be seen around these area
    Day 3: San Diego SeaWorld (with tour group)
    Day 4: Warner Bro Studio tour (With tour group) (abt half day) & Sightseeing (either Hollywood area or beverly hills area)
    Day 5: Universal Studio & CityWalk (You can take metro rail to universal city then take shuttle from there, CityWalk is a shopping mall beside universal Studio)

Las Vegas
    Day 6: Travel to Vegas (taking a coach, depart around 7am, should reach around 2pm), explore south hotels (Planet Hollywood, New York New York, Luxor, Excalibur, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay)
    Day 7: Premium Outlet Shopping (North) You can take their strip & downtown express bus (northbound)
    Day 8: Premium Outlet Shopping (South) Strip & Downtown express bus (southbound)
    Although there are quite some overlapping brands in the two outlets, there are also quite some shops that is only in one of the outlet:
    North (bebe, 7 for all mankind, Armani Exchange, Benetton, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, Guess, Hugo Boss, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, Oakley,Salvatore Ferragamo, Ted Baker, Tory Burch, Kate Spade)
    South (Aeropostale, Billabong,Dickies, Esprit, Fox, Wet Seal etc, younger ppl's clothes...I'm old...LOL)
    Day 9: Grand Canyon (With tour group)
    Day 10: Hotel Hopping (South & Center Strip [Bellagio, Caesars palace, mirage) + Shopping (there's a Coca Cola store and M&M store near MGM)
    Day 11: Hotel Hopping (Whatever hotels above mentioned not covered of go north strip area go Fashion Show Mall for more shopping, near Wynn hotels)
    (South strip area has the cheapest accomodation with north strip area being the most expensive)

San Francisco
    Day 12: Domestic Flight to San Francisco (about an hour's flight but the airport is quite a distance from the hotels) Hoping to stay around union square area
    Day 13: Union Square + Chinatown
    Day 14: Travel to Yosemite
    Day 15: Yosemite
    Day 16: Travel back to San Francisco
    Day 17: (hoping to) Cycle Golden Gate Bridge and Muir (redwood forest) and take ferry back very very old and tall trees (if you watch rise of the apes, that's the place!!) (Self guided bike tour)
    Day 18: Alcatraz (Half day) Shopping
    Day 19: North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39
    Day 20: Cycling around (maybe go Golden Gate Park or explore around)
    Day 21: Bye Bye US

Yup that's about my plans so far.....I booked some one-day tours to make it more hassle free since we do not have public transport, you can check out some of the websites below for such tours:
    LA: Los Angeles tours, Hollywood tours, Universal Studios, Movie Star Homes, Disneyland | All Los Angeles Tours
    LV: Las Vegas Tours, Las Vegas Grand Canyon Tours, Las Vegas Helicopter Tours | All Las Vegas Tours
    SF: San Francisco Tours, San Francisco Sightseeing Tours, Alcatraz Tours & SF Helicopter Tours | All San Francisco Tours
    Starline Tours, Hollywood tours & Los Angeles tours since 1935!
    Tours, sightseeing tours, activities & things to do | Viator.com

Hope that helps....Phew such a long post....

Leave a comment:

• carbolover
    replied
    Hi celineOp, can u kindly share your itinerary pls?
    I'm also planning a trip to SF/LA& LV.

Also, how do you "check out the many discounts that hotels n restaurants are offering"?
    Can share some tips w me pls?

Can also PM me. Tks so much!

Leave a comment:

• SimpleSweet84
    replied
    Hi everyone! I'm so glad i found this forum Am planning my honeymoon to US next April... but am pretty clueless about US...
    My hubby n I are still contemplating whether to follow tour or F&E ... would grealy appreciate if you can share with me your itinerary plus other details.. at US
    Thanks heaps!!

my email add is [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• celineOP
    replied
    Originally posted by snowbell_9 View Post
    Hi gals, I am wondering, for my Day 14 Free & Easy at LA, should I shift that to extend one more day at Las Vegas? I scared I may not have enough time to explore Las Vegas.

Day 8 Reach Las Vegas afternoon
    Day 9 One day drive and visit at Grand Canyon
    Day 10 Free & Easy at Las Vegas
    Day 11 Check out 8am -> 4.5 hrs drive to Desert Hill Premium Outlet (10am-8pm)-> 1.5 hrs drive to Anaheim
    Day 12 Disneyland 9am-8pm ($74)
    Day 13 Universal Studio 10am-6pm ($77)
    Day 14 Free & Easy
    Day15 Check out ->Plane depart 3.45pm from LAX
    Hi, i have just returned from LA/LV/SF trip... and i would say, definitely more days in Vegas.. I spent only 3 days in Vegas, and regretted it.. There's just so much things to do and see.. and have already plan a 1 week trip to Vegas next year.

The Las Vegas North Premium Outlets is definitely one of the best.. and there's more discounts than the other outlet (Gilroy Premium Outlets) i visited. Plus, tax in Vegas is slightly lower.

By the way, make sure you check out the many discounts that hotels and restaurants are offering. you can even purchase gift certificate online or while you are there for certain shows and restaurants.. they certainly helped me saved alot...

If you need more information, send me a pm.. i can let u know more

Leave a comment:

• snowbell_9
    replied
    Hi gals, I am wondering, for my Day 14 Free & Easy at LA, should I shift that to extend one more day at Las Vegas? I scared I may not have enough time to explore Las Vegas.

Day 8 Reach Las Vegas afternoon
    Day 9 One day drive and visit at Grand Canyon
    Day 10 Free & Easy at Las Vegas
    Day 11 Check out 8am -> 4.5 hrs drive to Desert Hill Premium Outlet (10am-8pm)-> 1.5 hrs drive to Anaheim
    Day 12 Disneyland 9am-8pm ($74)
    Day 13 Universal Studio 10am-6pm ($77)
    Day 14 Free & Easy
    Day15 Check out ->Plane depart 3.45pm from LAX

Leave a comment:

• dovespaniel
    replied
    I think at Vegas will be 3 main activities for a 4-day - walk the Stripe (dont forget to visit inside of some of the buildings. Beautiful); shopping (Outlet. But i didnt visit any there then ); and a day tour to Grand Canyon. And if you like musicals/plays, do spend a nite to watch one of the performance.

I guess shopping money is subjective... depends what interest you. For me, definitely not enough too.

Leave a comment:

• snowbell_9
    replied
    Originally posted by plasticdoll View Post
    im going to vegas next month. will have about 4 days to tour around. any must do/must go places to recommend?
    i think there are 3 different outlets, is premium the best?
    how much is sufficient for 8 days shopping only? 2k usd?
    8 days shopping only? Wow that's alot of days lol! It depends on what you want to buy. For 8 days shopping 2k USD definitely isn't enough for me.

Leave a comment:

• plasticdoll
    replied
    im going to vegas next month. will have about 4 days to tour around. any must do/must go places to recommend?
    i think there are 3 different outlets, is premium the best?
    how much is sufficient for 8 days shopping only? 2k usd?
    Last edited by plasticdoll; 15-08-2011, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dovespaniel
    replied
    Oh I didnt buy them when I was there. I saw them widely available though. Maybe can google a bit =)

Leave a comment:

• cookiesnomore
    replied
    Hi dovespaniel,

Thanks so much for replying!
    Would you mind explaining a bit more about the sim card, such as the name of it and how does it work etc?

Leave a comment:

• dovespaniel
    replied
    Yes thery are available. Can be found mostly in convenient/drugstores.

Leave a comment:

• cookiesnomore
    replied
    Hi girls,

I'm travelling to US in September for around two weeks. Do you girls know if there is such a thing as prepaid simcard for mobile phones which includes data plans that we can buy over there so we can still use our handphones and surf internet through it?

Thanks in advanced =)

Leave a comment:

• kind devil
    replied
    thanks again doves. i was really puzzled when one of my friend told me that there no claiming of taxes in US. i guess i would have to try my luck then.

will do more research on the itiernary before i share it here again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X