No announcement yet.

Cambodia > Siem Reap (Angkor Wa.t)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I have just come back from Siem Reap, and I must say the tour guide recommended by Artichoke is great! She is a bubbly person, and she really took good care of us. At times, she bought us local street food to try and I must say her choices were pretty good

We told her we wanted to buy Cambodia coffee powder as we did not get much of it during the trip, and she brought us to the local market to buy. That was a good experience as there were alot of things and people to see at the local market and we do not see any tourists in sight! For those who are interested, I recalled my guide saying that the local market is along the main road 66 which is the road leading to Phnom Penh.

I went there by jetstar at s$178 per pax and stayed at the tanei guesthouse (usd$22 per night with aircon, mini fridge and tv) and we went to most of the temples. My guide brought us to the Tanei temple which was in the midst of the forested area and when I was there, I did not see any tourists in sight so it was a good place to take photos without "extras" in your photos. My favourite temple was the Preah Khan which was built for the King's father. My tuk tuk driver was very kind too, and he always offered us cold bottled water which he kept in his ice box. At the end of the day, he did not charge us for the water.

Comment

• Glad you enjoyed the trip. I like her a lot too.
      And if you managed to meet Samate (driver), he is very endearing too. He accompanied me on the trek up Kbal Spean because he didn't like the idea of me going up alone. I feel well taken care of by the both of them.

Comment

• i will be going to SR very soon.. and like to know what kind of plugs they have there? is it two flat pins?? i always very concerned about the plugs as i normally carry a few cameras that require charging. thanks!

Comment

• hihi,

I'm planning a short trip to siem reap. first time doing backpacking, very excited.

my itinerary is:

day 1: arrive at 7am and 1 day sight seeing at ang kor *** and ang kor thom.
          day 2: visit mount kulen
          day 3: visit kbal spean
          day 4: home sweet home

got the quotation from a driver.

- car rental : US$25 per day
          - Banteay Srie Temple + $10usd
          - Kbal Spean + $10usd
          - Beng Melea Temple + $35usd
          - Kulen Mountain +40USD

is it value for money? or i can bargain further? any one can advise me? thanks in advance!

Comment

• The prices are pretty standard. I have some contacts of drivers. If you want, you can refer to my previous posts.

Comment

• Is 5 days sufficient to visit both SR & PP??
              whats the estimated budget for 5-6days trip??

Comment

• Originally posted by Jing View Post
                Hi, I have just come back from Siem Reap, and I must say the tour guide recommended by Artichoke is great! She is a bubbly person, and she really took good care of us. At times, she bought us local street food to try and I must say her choices were pretty good

We told her we wanted to buy Cambodia coffee powder as we did not get much of it during the trip, and she brought us to the local market to buy. That was a good experience as there were alot of things and people to see at the local market and we do not see any tourists in sight! For those who are interested, I recalled my guide saying that the local market is along the main road 66 which is the road leading to Phnom Penh.

I went there by jetstar at s$178 per pax and stayed at the tanei guesthouse (usd$22 per night with aircon, mini fridge and tv) and we went to most of the temples. My guide brought us to the Tanei temple which was in the midst of the forested area and when I was there, I did not see any tourists in sight so it was a good place to take photos without "extras" in your photos. My favourite temple was the Preah Khan which was built for the King's father. My tuk tuk driver was very kind too, and he always offered us cold bottled water which he kept in his ice box. At the end of the day, he did not charge us for the water.
                Hi Jing, how much they charge u for the tour guide and transport??

Comment

• Originally posted by artichoke View Post
                  The prices are pretty standard. I have some contacts of drivers. If you want, you can refer to my previous posts.
                  Hi Artichoke, what is the difference between Tuk Tuk and MiniVan? Is Tuk Tuk come with air cond? What is the normal changes for Tuk Tuk and MiniVan?

Comment

• Tuk tuks are these

No air-conditioning. Usually much cheaper compared to mini van. If your party is less than 4 persons, take tuk tuk. Minivan is usually for 4 and above.

Comment

• Hi Red_Sand,
                      You did a very good and comprehensive write-up on Cambodia. May I have the contact on Sopheap - your tuk tuk driver in Phnom Penh. He may be the same driver we had in PP but we had lost his contact. Thanks in advance.

Leesh

Comment

• Originally posted by artichoke View Post
                        If they don't have email, you have to call them. My tour guide was great. If you don't mind, you can contact her or ask her to recommend her colleagues to you if she is not available. I have a list of drivers I booked when I was there. You can find the info here.
                        Hi,
                        Could you let me know the email/contact of your tour guide? Would like to engage her services when i'm there in July TIA!

Comment

• hi all, im thinking of going to siem reap alone in Jan during the CNY period.. Is 6 days 5 nights too long? anyone booked about asia travel tours before? they have a land tour package for 5 days :http://www.aboutasiatravel.com/cambo...-***-5-day.htm.. is staying are tara angkor too far from the city/ old market area? Appreciate comments.. thanks.

Comment

• airlines & things to bring (donation/charity)

hi all, care to advise on airlines other than Jetstar?

1. any other budget airlines or how much should i be paying for normal airlines?
                            2. not sure how poor siem reap is, read some websites where they recommend bringing toys/clothes/stationeries for the street kids.. advisable? i dont want to bring stuff, and nobody to give to..

Comment

Working...
                            X