Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linggy
    replied
    i am a terrible shopper when shopping alone, totally lack of self restraint man.

but always very busy hence seldom have a chance to spend whole day shopping with my gfs and furthermore now with sprees and online shopping, dont see any need to go physical shopping unless SALE

Cant shop with my bf because he is studying overseas, if i wait for him to come back and shop, i will be saving alot money. he is the normal bf i guess, the kind "if you like then buy " attitude.

Leave a comment:

• w3nqian
    replied
    love shopping with my buddy who is the one beside me in the avatar ~~ my Best Shopping partner`totally can't compair with my other gf manz .. still looking out for a gf *** can shop with as in our taste of clothes are the same!!! used to have one but now already fall out with each other

Leave a comment:

• crazyshopaholic
    replied
    SantaGal: Nope, i didn't get it in the end.. Decided to practise some self-control.. Haha, my shopping motto's: "No regrets, just buy!" Guess you were kind of influenced by me on that day too..

Leave a comment:

• Jessie
    replied
    I prefer shopping with my bestie cos she always give me advice whether it look good on me. And also to remind me not to buy on impluse. I tend to buy on impluse when I shop alone and regretted after that.

Leave a comment:

• SantaGal
    replied
    crazyshopaholic: yes.. probably those friends are good shopping deterrents, and i guess you don't belong to that category... you will just say, "nice! nice! buy l.ah!!" haha

OT, so did u go back and buy that necklace from the cart in CitiLink in the end?

Leave a comment:

• crumbsthecat
    replied
    i love shopping with my SO too! he likes to ask me to go shopping and always initiates to bring me out for shopping.. haha he's very patient.. and always asking me to try different tops out. and i like it that he's very honest with his opinions - in a tactful way of course

i tend to think for a mega long time before deciding to buy something for myself.. even if it's $20. but when it comes to buying things for others, i won't think twice. haha and i will only buy something if i/SO/friends catch me looking and looking at the item all over again. that is the only way to prove that i will wear or use the item and not let it go to waste.

Leave a comment:

• fondue_
    replied
    yeah shopping alone is more "rewarding" than with friends around. but beware the damage can be huge.

i'll buy in impulse most of the time alone.

Leave a comment:

• crazyshopaholic
    replied
    geliz: Haha.. Be glad that you've got a shopaholic SO who can understand why you love shopping so much!

SantaGal: Yeah, i know exactly what you mean.. But i'm the type who doesn't care about others' comments.. So i end up spending more.. So maybe having friends who comment too much & turn you off from buying can be a blessing in disguise too!

Leave a comment:

• geliz
    replied
    Yes me too, I love bargain hunting! And I hate shopping with my husband because he's a shopaholic. We always end up buying/ looking at his things. Prefer to shop alone so can take my time walking around before buying from the first store!

Leave a comment:

• xoxodoll
    replied
    I prefer to shop alone. its more efficient than waiting around for friends!!! haha n i don't have to feel bad about only looking for bargains!

Leave a comment:

• idolize
    replied
    I usually shop on impulse..But since i'm still a student my shopping stuff is very limited ..Hehe..

Leave a comment:

• SantaGal
    replied
    I will prefer to shop alone. I normally splurge a lot when I shop alone, cos "see, try, like it? grab it!!" Then with a good SA, I can spend and spend in the shop and get their privilege card..

Shopping with girl friends... They have different dress sense as me. And most of them talk alot, as in.. They will have all sorts of comments. It's like, even I like something so much, they simply dampen my mood to get it.

As for the colors, I had a friend who LOVES pink but HATES green, and another friend who LOVES green but HATES PINK. Last night, we went out shopping... When I look at a pink item, the pink-hater will say, "Eeeks! Pink! Something that I wouldn't wear!" When I look at a green item, the green-hater will say,"Eeeks! Green! Don't ask for my comments cos I hate green!" Then I think... I didn't ask for you to wear the color... Some people just can't be objective..

Leave a comment:

• yvannie
    replied
    I think i have the "Just do it" atiitude when i am shopping.. I had the many experiences that i didnt buy and the next day when i go back, there is no more... Hence i always buy if i like it. Unless its really big ticket items then i i will consider..

Anyway i learnt to make my own decisions.. i.e shop myself as my SO never gives me constructive commenst.. Heeh.. He still don;t understands things do differ if they are in different colour etcs. =)

Leave a comment:

• crazyshopaholic
    replied
    Haha.. I'm ALWAYS in the mood for shopping, as long as the bank account permits!

Leave a comment:

• whitefrost
    replied
    i prefer to shop alone too..
    cause usually when i shop..
    i know what i am looking for ....
    and will only go to the relevant shops..
    and i shop like a guy too....
    like it.. buy it...

my friends will however visit the same shop FIVE times...
    try on the same piece of clothing FIVE times..
    and ask for our opinions FIVE times..
    faint...

if i go window shopping with my friends.. chances are is that i will end up empty handed...
    usually just browsing here and there with no inclination to buy anything...

and yeah...
    whether i buy anything also depends on "mood"...
    if i do not have the mood..
    i can walk the whole stretch of orchard road and not spend a single cent...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X