Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eternity
    replied
    Yup, David L.O.H is really friendly and nice. He also recommends hotels for solemnization. But he always booked... so got to contact him early if you want him to be your JP. My gal fren's ROM engaged him as JP, he's humourous and helps to create "atmosphere" during the soleminzation, the hotel staff seems to like him too

Leave a comment:

• ITangel
    replied
    Originally posted by dior_addict
    Really ah? I never met him before, he was recommended by my gal fren. U are going to ROM this sat? Congrats, sweetie!

Yup, this sat. Thanks! Hope everything will go as planned

Leave a comment:

• dior_addict
    replied
    Originally posted by ITangel
    dior_addict: Me too!!! He is my JP this Sat. Very friendly man!!
    Really ah? I never met him before, he was recommended by my gal fren. U are going to ROM this sat? Congrats, sweetie!

Leave a comment:

• ITangel
    replied
    dior_addict: Me too!!! He is my JP this Sat. Very friendly man!!

Leave a comment:

• dior_addict
    replied
    MY JP is David ***, think he's one of the more 'popular' JPs around. If u need his contact, let me know. Replace the *** with L-O-H. Dunno why whenever i type this 3 letters, it becomes 3 stars.

Leave a comment:

• karmadearie
    replied
    60pax is quite alot. i told my mum to check out the auspicious dates but my mum hasn't got down to doing it yet. haha. SO is busy with work. he has work committments and hardly even has time for me. but i'm fine with it. afterall, work comes above all. will have to get down to the planning soon else it will be too rush for us and i hate rushing through stuff. by the way, you held your solemnization outdoor right? who's your JP? i have so much to learn from man. haha

Leave a comment:

• dior_addict
    replied
    Originally posted by karmadearie
    congrats to you in advance too. might need alot more help cause SO is always occupied and that leaves only me with the preparations. we started looking around for wedding bands already but we have yet to decide on which one to get. haha.

i did mention to mum before that i don't wanna invite too many relatives cause i feel its something that i wanna share it with my close friends too. mum seems pretty fine with it. our guest list has about 40pax. is that alot? was thinking of cutting it to 30.

by the way, did you check the so-called 'auspicious dates'?

I think 40 pax is just abt right. I have 60 guests, all frens.
    But u might wanna see if u wanna invite only close frens, to keep the reception small & cosy. Nope, i didnt check on any auspicious dates cos my parents literally left everything to us, & SO & me are not very 'pantang' type. We chose a sunday afternoon for hi-tea cos more ppl could make it prob after church or something. For my banquet, we chose 8 Dec 2006, & only after we booked the banquet then we realised it's a super hot auspicious day for weddings. Guess we are lucky to 'chope' it early! Your SO seems very bz...Is it work commitments?

Leave a comment:

• karmadearie
    replied
    congrats to you in advance too. might need alot more help cause SO is always occupied and that leaves only me with the preparations. we started looking around for wedding bands already but we have yet to decide on which one to get. haha.

i did mention to mum before that i don't wanna invite too many relatives cause i feel its something that i wanna share it with my close friends too. mum seems pretty fine with it. our guest list has about 40pax. is that alot? was thinking of cutting it to 30.

by the way, did you check the so-called 'auspicious dates'?

Leave a comment:

• dior_addict
    replied
    Originally posted by karmadearie
    wow dior_addict, that was quite a huge sum you spent but as long as you are happy with it, i think it doesn't matter. so you spent close to 8k on your ROM? when's your customary held?

SO and myself are supposed to be having our ROM sometime next july but nothing has been prepared!! both of us are so occupied now. damn.
    Hi Karmadearie!
    Congrats on your forthcoming ROM! Actually, me & SO wanted a really nice ROM reception with all our close frens cos we feel that customary is really more of a parents' thing. Hence, we did put in quite alot of effort to make this a really special one. We really want to exchange vows in front of our closest friends (I didnt invite relatives, only immed, family members) so we decided to go with our heart. My customary next year will be at Raffles The Plaza. That will be a year from now!
    Your Rom is more than half a year away, that's plenty of time. Take your time to source for a venue (if its held outdoors), & your shoes, dress, bands, etc. I kind of enjoy the whole process of planning. Think im gonna miss it when im married. Hee.

Leave a comment:

• karmadearie
    replied
    wow dior_addict, that was quite a huge sum you spent but as long as you are happy with it, i think it doesn't matter. so you spent close to 8k on your ROM? when's your customary held?

SO and myself are supposed to be having our ROM sometime next july but nothing has been prepared!! both of us are so occupied now. damn.

Leave a comment:

• dior_addict
    replied
    Originally posted by Pink-Soul
    Hi Dior, firstly, congrats!
    The place looks cosy & nice...but I don't see any swimming pool?
    Anyway, is there a min no. or pax for the package?
    The additional items you mentioned above, are they complimentary? Or do you have to pay extra?
    Care to share how much are you spending in total for your ROM?

Thanks in advance.
    Hello pink-soul!
    The place is indoor but has glass panels overlooking the pool outside. I specially chose this place cos i attended a fren's wedding outdoor & she was sweating like crazy by the 1st hr & all her makeup was running. So i chose an indoor venue with an 'outdoor' feel so its not as dull as a function room.
    I think for hi tea, they have 2 packages, $45+++, & $50+++, min is 30 pax. I have 70 guests & i took the $50+++ package, so they threw in the room stay for me. The rest of the items are complimentary even if u have only the min 30 guests. They include:

• Free flow of soft drinks & mixers
    • A pair of exclusive Conrad Wedding Teddy Bears
    • Elegant wedding invitation cards for up to 70% of your guest
    • 20% car passes will given based on your confirmed attendance

Also included are the solemnisation table, decor, flowers, etc. Come to think fo it, i think i spent
    quite a bit on my ROM. Let me do a mental breakdown:

- Rom Dress (Allure Noir $189)
    - Rom Shoes ( Nine West $169)
    - Hubby Suit, Shirt, Shoes ($800)
    - Wedding Bands (Tiff & Co $4.5k)
    - Conrad Hi-tea (Ard $4k)
    - Makeup (Glamour Shots, $80)
    - Bouquet (Secret Garden, $60)
    - Photography (Beetles @ Work, $388

That is excluding everything eles for the customary next year, just settled on banquet venue, photography & Bridal Shop. Planning a wedding is so expensive in Singapore. Must work harder now to earn more money.
    -

Leave a comment:

• Pink-Soul
    replied
    Originally posted by dior_addict
    Hello Magical
    Mine is a hi-tea buffet so its abt $50+++. The spread is very good. They have hot, cold, & dessert stations. I also have a room's stay, wedding cards, wedding bears, decors, etc. My co-ordinator is Dawn, she's a nice lady, can laise with her if u gals need help.
    Hi Dior, firstly, congrats!
    The place looks cosy & nice...but I don't see any swimming pool?
    Anyway, is there a min no. or pax for the package?
    The additional items you mentioned above, are they complimentary? Or do you have to pay extra?
    Care to share how much are you spending in total for your ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• dior_addict
    replied
    Originally posted by magical
    thanks dior for the info
    well, SO and i are in the initial stage of planning our rom. So we'll keep our options open.
    50+++ is kinda high as we don't intend to spend so much for the rom. anyway, hope you will have a wonderful time on your big day!
    do keep us update with their services

Hi magical,
    There are alot of nice places to consider, like Grand Plaza Parkroyal (U can solemnise at their waterfall area if u take their hi-tea buffet at ard $20+), Marriot poolside (Also ard $20-$30+ per pax), Grand Copthrone Eaterfront Paradisco area, Raffles Hotel lawn, etc. Take your time to source & ask for quotations. Happy searching, sweetie! Will keep u all update after my ROM.

Leave a comment:

• magical
    replied
    thanks dior for the info
    well, SO and i are in the initial stage of planning our rom. So we'll keep our options open.
    50+++ is kinda high as we don't intend to spend so much for the rom. anyway, hope you will have a wonderful time on your big day!
    do keep us update with their services

Leave a comment:

• dior_addict
    replied
    Hello Magical
    Mine is a hi-tea buffet so its abt $50+++. The spread is very good. They have hot, cold, & dessert stations. I also have a room's stay, wedding cards, wedding bears, decors, etc. My co-ordinator is Dawn, she's a nice lady, can laise with her if u gals need help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X