Real Estate / Property Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kelyno8,

Not all property agents earn alot, some dont even earn enough. I have known some in the line that sells only one house in fours to five months, not very sustainable in their case. The thing is that you have to have a lot of good contacts, have to spend a lot of time meeting people that can give you business.

The property market has been good since the mid of last year. You should have joined the market earlier. Right now, it is in my views, that the market will soon to be stagnant, because people are not willing to sell at a lower price than they buy. So no buyer willing to pay more and no seller willing to receive less. Most of the buying and selling are foreigners if they are willing at prime areas.

Then there are those that "fool you around". When you have found a buyer for their property, they refuse to sell for whatever reasons. It's really quite a pees off when you have tried so hard, time and money advertising for their property.

Well these are my views and I dont know what other people think. What do others think?? Maybe they an share.

Comment

If you have the "capital" to substain your expenses (Eg Transport, lessons, advertising etc) for 3 - 6 months, and the gut to stand rejection! Go ahead!

Comment

Last edited by dietcoke; 29-07-2008, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Hi all, if i'm interested to be a freelance/PT property advisor, how should i go about doing it? What are the requirements and all? I've a full time job already though, but just interested to take up this course and ****** earn some extra moolahs by doing property.
          Any advices? TIA. :D

Comment

usualy the industry needs hard work ..thats y u can see the ads of these property cos. common everyday

Comment

i'm doing it on part-time basis... or shall i say ad hoc only.

Hard work alone is not sufficient. You need the luck too.

During good times, houses go off so fast. Other agents also not willing to cobroke the deal with you. especially those that are already in the trade. Some are pretty nasty too.

Driving around seems enjoyable eh? thats what i thought too before i started.. then i dont quite enjoy it anymore.. cos you got to fetch the clients here and there like their chaufeur, some like having sightseeing like that just to "check it out" (of cos after a while you may learn to identify these people, but still cannot be avoided totally unless you only serve clients who are your friends whom you know are geniune clients)

Then there are high cost of petrol, erp, carpark etc. and worst is the deal doesnt get done!
              Hence you need to set a sum aside to endure through the phase till you make it.

And your pay usually dont come in until 3 months later after you close a deal. Worst if your company, or the co-broke agent's company delay in payment.

Also, you must be prepared to entertain phone calls - the kangcheong ones... pass midnight will also sms you.. or call you early in the morning and late at night....

With regards to agency always recruiting, well there is no harm for them to have more agents under them. Cos if you sell, they take a cut, if you dont sell, its your problem (cos you got to feed yourself). Anyhow there are always in the winning end.

Somemore the market is rather cool-off now, i dont really advise to jump into it unless you already have a pool of people that can be your clients.

of cos the upside is if you get to close a big big deal, then can relax. but its an unstable income. So think through before you quit and jump in..

Comment

u really suffer a bit ... ..which one ur part time with ?? care to share as me also previously had this itchy idea

Comment

paiseh.. not convenient to say ***

Comment

no problem girl

Comment

The best is to sign exclusive, get to sell and also look for buyers. Anyway since there're fellow agents here on PT, next time if got anything i post here then we help each other ok? can post or not?

Comment

My bf is a property agent, he deals with mostly condo and private estate. He earns roughly abt 3k a mth, if sales is good it may hit up to 5k or even more, it really depends. And i have to say your group of connection must be big.

Comment

Is there any real estate agents here?

Comment

what do u all think? For fresh agents, joining a big or small property company, which one more advisable?

Comment

hi, i need advise... should i take up an admin job which pay me 1.9k per mth or try out property??? Actually im sick of admin job...needs to cover recept duties n many other ad hoc duties... but the salary is higher den my current 1...difference by $200...was thinking to try out property... should i??? but not thinking of part time in property cos cant focus n cant really ans clients's call n arrange viewing...

I don hv a diploma, only 'O' level with ITE cert and $1.9k is consider a very good salary...on top of it, this company is offering 18days AL and with attractive staff benefits...that y im thinking will i regret to reject this offer and try out property...im so fickle minded...
                              Last edited by dec_mummy; 18-05-2008, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Any Cotters? Pls advise...

Comment

Working...
                                X