No announcement yet.

Chiropractor - Any Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to share my not very positive experience with a chiropractor in singapore hopefully that will save any of you looking for a good and professional one the time and hassle. I brought my son who had a spinal injury due to a sports event to see a chiropractor early last year and we came back totally disappointed and disgusted. This doctor who operates in the Somerset area - Dr Aras, is not only rude, he's inexperienced and totally cannot make it. First, there was no x-ray/scan done before the adjustment was made. When I raised my concerns, he quickly brushed me off and said it was not necessary and if I insist on one I should get it done somewhere else not at his clinic! He then went straight into the adjustments, completely disregard my concerns. He also wasnt able to answer most of my questions to him which clearly show how inexperienced he is! All he cares about is milking us to sign up more sessions with him and when we finally get out of his room, we were bombarded by the hard selling of the sales girl in his spa/clinic! If you are looking for a doctor that genuinely cares for your wellness this is definitely the wrong one!

Please beware of practices that sell large treatment packages. My advice is to go for a chiropractor that is a recognised member of The Chiropractic Association (Singapore) which we did and my son's condition improved tremendously thereafter.

Comment

Looks like there are more people out there who have very negative experience with the same chiropractor which I have posted in my earlier post. Thank you Owen for allowing me to re-post his comments. Hopefully this will bring more awareness and helps you to make a better choice in choosing the right chiropractor.

Re: Chiropractor
      by owentang

Hello Louisa. I happened to stumble upon your post while doing a search for another new chiropractor and wish I have seen it earlier. I too had a very unhappy experience with the chiropractor you mentioned - Dr Aras ignatavicius.

I had accompanied my wife for a spa session at spa symphony and decided to check out their resident chiropractor to see if he was able to help me with my neck and frozen shoulder problem. Big mistake as I not only ended up signing 4 sessions after the persistent hard selling from their sales staff, none of the sessions with him help treat my problem at all as I'm still suffering from the pain after my treatment with him.

On his website he mentioned about being the expert in structural corrective chiropractic care in conjunction with prescribed rehabilitative exercise and nutritional advice. Well I received none of it. Each time he was either in a big hurry to end the session after the adjustment which took less than 10 mins, sometimes even 5, and when I asked him if he could advice me on the type of exercise I can do to improve my condition, he will tell me not yet, and he never did even after my 4 sessions has ended! Also, he doesnt seem to keep a record of patient's condition as never once did I see him write anything down on a white card like most doctors do. Makes me wonder how is he able to fully help the patient when he's never keeping track of patient's condition?!

Nutritional advice is also pretty much hurriedly done and he's always very impaitent when I asked him for more advice which makes me feel like I'm imposing on his time. Well it seems like its because he has alot of other customers - note I mentioned customers not patients as never once did i feel like I'm a treasured patient, more like some money making customers to him. Appointments are hard to book as well which I think is due to some collaboration he has with some cheap deals businesses - makes one wonder if his treatment is really good he must have tons of customers going to him hence why these cheap deals all the time? Hmmm...

All in all bad choice I have made but it has made me wiser. Wonder if you could share with me the chiropractor you have seen which has improved your son's condition? I have PM you hope that's alrite.

Thank you.
      Last edited by louisaandrews; 19-05-2012, 05:50 PM.

Comment

double post sorry, please delete

Comment

Dr Theo from Lilght Chiropractic is a great Chiropractor.
          He didnt require X-Rays and didnt try to scare me like other Chiropractors I have tried. Some of the places I have tried have tried to push me into signing up large packages for $6000. Light Chiropractic didnt push me at all.
          The doctor is also cute and charming which is a plus.

The price is more than other places but the doctor actually spends time with me unlike other places that only spend 3-5minutes and tells the clients all the same things. Not to mention they treat you in front of everyone to see so there is no privacy at all.

Last edited by chewchew85; 13-06-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Hi Louisa,

Can you advise me which chiropractor you engaged? Thanks.

Comment

Recently I went to The Chiropractic Clinic at Guthrie House having bought their 4 treatments + 1 consultaiton package from Groupon. Previously I had treatments from another clinic but had stopped going for a while as it was quite out of the way since I changed my job. Hence I already had experience of what to expect.

The doctor at The Chiropractic Clinic twisted my head the wrong way on my 3rd treatment, leaving me with increasing neck pain that escalated towards the night. It was so painful I could not turn my head and was in constant struggle to do the things I had to do. Hence I was apprehensive about going back for my last treatment. Finally I went after more than 2 weeks. The doc claimed it was only normal to feel neck pain after adjustments. Privately I thought if this is the type of pain that is normal after adjustment, I wouldn't pay for adjustment in the first place! Nonsense.

More horrors is to come after I came out of the treatment room. I was told to pay $65. I was shocked. I only had 4 treatments to my knowledge. The staff told me the xray analysis during my 1st treatment was considered a treatment also, meaning I had 2 treatments that day. Rubbish! If they want to count that as treatment, they should highlight it and tell me I have no more sessions left and if I want to take up a package or stop coming BEFORE I went for the '4th' treatment!

Not only is their doc crappy, their desperate business tactics are disgusting. They are like beggars tricking pple to pay more for crappy service!

I am highlighting their clinic in hope fewer pple will be conned or even injured. I regret not going back to my old clinic just because of the price and distance. My old chiropractor did 30 over adjustments for me, not once was my neck in more pain AFTER adjustment. Sometimes my shoulder blade at the back feels bruised from his pressing but when I tell him that he wld apologise and be more gentle with his strength. But never once he twisted anything the wrong way!

Btw I ever tried to make appointments at the chiropractic clinic at Somerset and this Dr Aras was quite rude in answering my enquiries. Hence I didn't go, which was a blessing after reading the negative comments here. It is important that the dr has some xrays or records to work on, in the best interests of the patient. And if u do visit one, ask to keep all xrays or MRIs, not leave at the clinic. They may not return to u.

Comment

I also underwent treatment with the chiropractor at spa symphony. My chiropractor is Dr Brown and not Dr Aras. I supposed he was no longer with the clinic. So far, my sessions with Dr Brown are very good and he told me he has many years of experience. i had been having stiff neck and back pain problems for many years and this was due to wrong sitting posture in the office for long hours.My colleague asked me to try out chiropractic instead of going to a normal GP which only provide painkiller. i went google for some chiropractic clinics and some of these clinics charged at very high fees, which were not within my budget. i happened to see this Groupon deal which cost about $18 for a spinal check and consultation service. Therefore, i brought this deal and went for my first trial. On my first visit with Dr Brown, he explained patiently to me that my sitting posture was wrong and due to long hours of sitting in the office, i suffered from spinal disorder. He then examined my back and neck. The points that he pressed on my back are accurate. As when he pressed on these points, i got kind of aching and pain feeling. He then made adjustment on my back and neck. I can hear bone cracking sounds but it was not scary at all. In fact, Dr Brown explained that this was to unlock from its improper position. After my first treatment, i felt more relaxed as my neck and back were not as stiff as before. Dr Brown was not pushy at all and he did not mention anything about the treatment package. During the whole session, he only concerned about my problem and how to treat my problem. Thumb up for his professionalism. The clinic is situated together with the Spa Symphony. I had signed up for the package and hopefully the treatments will cure my problems. Keep you guys updated on the post.
                Last edited by LynnLim7788; 15-01-2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Dr Aras from Spa Elements - Cathay

Comment

Originally posted by LynnLim7788 View Post
                    I also underwent treatment with the chiropractor at spa symphony. My chiropractor is Dr Brown and not Dr Aras. I supposed he was no longer with the clinic. So far, my sessions with Dr Brown are very good and he told me he has many years of experience. i had been having stiff neck and back pain problems for many years and this was due to wrong sitting posture in the office for long hours.My colleague asked me to try out chiropractic instead of going to a normal GP which only provide painkiller. i went google for some chiropractic clinics and some of these clinics charged at very high fees, which were not within my budget. i happened to see this Groupon deal which cost about $18 for a spinal check and consultation service. Therefore, i brought this deal and went for my first trial. On my first visit with Dr Brown, he explained patiently to me that my sitting posture was wrong and due to long hours of sitting in the office, i suffered from spinal disorder. He then examined my back and neck. The points that he pressed on my back are accurate. As when he pressed on these points, i got kind of aching and pain feeling. He then made adjustment on my back and neck. I can hear bone cracking sounds but it was not scary at all. In fact, Dr Brown explained that this was to unlock from its improper position. After my first treatment, i felt more relaxed as my neck and back were not as stiff as before. Dr Brown was not pushy at all and he did not mention anything about the treatment package. During the whole session, he only concerned about my problem and how to treat my problem. Thumb up for his professionalism. The clinic is situated together with the Spa Symphony. I had signed up for the package and hopefully the treatments will cure my problems. Keep you guys updated on the post.
                    Babe,
                    Did you sign any package with them ?
                    How much is that?

Comment

I have lived in Singapore for 5 years now and have been under regular care in the US before then. Whenever my back goes out I go see Dr. Inge at Paramount Chiropractic. She is one of the best Chiropractors I have seen over the years and its straight forward. No x-rays and stories like that.

Comment

how to choose the right chiropractor

Originally posted by LisaAnn View Post
                        I have lived in Singapore for 5 years now and have been under regular care in the US before then. Whenever my back goes out I go see Dr. Inge at Paramount Chiropractic. She is one of the best Chiropractors I have seen over the years and its straight forward. No x-rays and stories like that.
                        Choosing the right chiropractor is like choosing a hairdresser, dentist, doctor, architect etc.
                        You must be comfortable & put your full trust with the chiropractor, so choose the right one.
                        Not all chiropractor uses the same kind of machine, method or treatment.
                        Some machines & methods are a total waste of time, out-dated & inefficient.
                        Best way to find what treatment suits you is to try out a few chiropractor through Groupon.
                        I tried 6 & found 2 good ones that I am comfortable to work with & place my full trust.
                        As most insurance do not cover this treatment, it is therefore very important to find the right one.
                        Avoid the ones that try to sell you a whole year package costing $12,000 & telling you that you can share the package.
                        Honestly to share? Is the chiropractor really interested to treat you or just after your money?
                        This is not a mani/pedi, massage or facial package to share.
                        The Chiropractic Clinic at Guthrie House is one to avoid, they are not interested to treat you, only want you to sign a package.
                        Also avoid those that are working together with a spa, the chiropractor may be good but it's the spa operator that is after your $$$.
                        Sad, perhaps the chiropractor is not aware that the spa operator pressurizes its customers to sign a package.
                        Sometimes with a good chiropractor, one does not need to sign on a package.
                        Dr. Dylan Atfeld is one of the better ones who is good to work with, there is no pressure at all, he only interested to get you well.
                        His is with Concierge Chiropractor & Rehabilitation in Thong Teck Building.
                        And no, I am not paid to advertise for him, I am just giving my recommendation here.
                        We are all here to look for improvement & cure to our pain & sufferings & what better way is through word of mouth.

Comment

I went to a chiropractor (one located at Orchard). The doctor actually mis-read my xray films and gave a wrong diagnosis! I found out about it when I sought 2nd opinion. SO HORRIBLE and I was being charged so much!!
                          Last edited by jett; 18-02-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I am dealing with my sciatica for how many months now and bearing with pain is really difficult. So I decided to explore other sciatica treatment to help alleviate my pain. And one of my options is the spinal manipulation. I was afraid to try it at first because it was my first time and I have no idea what to expect about the procedure. Luckily, Andrea my friend referred me to her nephew who is a chiropractor and we paid a visit to her clinic. The chiropractor was a woman and she is very good. The initial examination lasted for 30-45 minutes and the treatment sessions require between 15-2o minutes and it depends on the depth and scope of care necessary. Regarding the payments, the total cost of your chiropractic care depends on how treatment your particular needs. You can also try to ask the doctor about the variety of financial options available to help make it easy to afford your Chiropractic needs. By the way, her clinic is located at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 Singapore, I forgot the exact address but you can search the rest of her services here familychiropractic.com.sg. Anyway, I feel relieved now and doing regularly the sciatica exercises recommended to me. I wish you all a very pain free life, always remember that choosing the right treatment for back pain or sciatica is a matter of trial and error process.
                            Last edited by MariaVasquez; 24-02-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

After seeing lots of chiropractor in Singapore, I finally found a wonderful chiropractor who has really made a big difference. My chiro does a great job of keeping me aligned and out of pain. btw prices for Chiropractors in Singapore, are ranging from $70-150. www.familychiropractic.com.sg

Comment

Originally posted by LynnLim7788 View Post

I just wanted to say that I was with Dr. Brown all the way till he left Chiropractic First. He is one doctor that really tells you how you can improve and adjusts you with the correct amount of strength. After the clinic closed down at Suntec City, I transferred to another clinic under the same company. Right at the wall street of Singapore.

The new doctor (Dr Jill Lutz) I'm with is amazing. And the clinic - lovely people! At that point of my life, I was going through a lot..I had problems menstruating and fertility issues. BUT Jill put all that back in place. Period came the following week. AMAZING. I continued to see her weekly.

8 months later, I got pregnant! She said I had nerve interference in my spine which I didn't want to believe. But it was great news for us. And months before labor, I went into an intensive mode with Jill. She adjusted my pelvic thrice weekly to allow the baby to be in the best position for delivery. I must say. Chiropractic has made me feel really comfortable going into labor.

I recommend Dr. Jill unconditionally to anyone suffering from lower back pain and other pre and post pregnancy pains. She's the perfect doctor to see especially IF YOU have a gynae who tells you there's nothing wrong with your body but you can't conceive and she can't do much to help you.

Be patient, get an xray and find a chiropractor near you

Comment

Working...
                                X