Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Platonic friendships- do you believe in them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kye: Wow, your hubby is very, very 'generous'! I once suggested going on an overseas trip (me, SO & buddy) to my SO, and he chided me for coming up with the idea

Comment

um .. we married young. we just celebrated our 8th anniversary. nope, it wasnt shotgun. our baby is less than a year old. i believe its the trust we have built in our marriage. oh well, if we aint married, then i seriously do not think he will be that "generous" .. ha ha ha

Comment

Girls, it's inspiring to hear that some of you have such close platonic friends without romantic feelings getting in the way

Originally posted by hiphop
        As platonic friends, it means we can btich about anything under the sun. So I can just bring another person's case to make my point. the other point is to keep emphasizing on the guy that i am out with or the crush in time and my platonic friend will get the cue. Never give the person a chance to say what you do not want to hear. i had a case where things went wrong and we went cold for a few days. finally we decided to meet and it was great that both parties wanted things the way it was before...phew....that was my closest shave to losing a good friend......
        Good advise hiphop! Actually I have a platonic friend who's doing his Masters in Europe and won't be back for 2 years. He expressed some interest in me before he left but I hinted that I was just looking for platonic friends. I thought he got it because the attention cooled off. Then when he got to Europe, he started writing to me regularly, telling me how gorgous the girls are. Good good, I said, you should date around, who knows the Caucasian girls are really your type. But he got upset at me and didn't reply me for a while. We're back to being "ok" now but he still tests me every once in a while with comments about his good looking classmates. *** lau, why can't this guy get it? Any advise on how to handle the matter? I'm at my wits' end.
        Last edited by maven; 02-11-2005, 11:46 AM.

Comment

possible, but difficult. afterall, now i am in a r/s with one of my best guy friends.

Comment

Platonic Relationships..

Do you all think this is possible ? For a guy and a girl.. to become really very close.. Pretty much like a couple but they are actually not.. And they have no feelings towards each other ?

Comment

Haha, your topic reminded me of this webbie I've seen before:
              http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_piUxu...bFwutE2hqgNY+4
              You might be able to find an answer here.

Personally I think that at some point, either party will probably entertain the thoughts of dating the other, but whether or not that person takes the steps required to change the status is a different story altogether!

Comment

i have a guy friend whom i have romantic interest in. However, i never explicitly expressed my feelings for him. One or two of my actions might gave me away but i'm pretty sure i've been very subtle.

2 weeks ago, he msg-ed me asking me if i want to accompany him to see a doctor. Erm..is it just plain friend seeking company or more?

Comment

i have a few very good guy frens... its fun hangin out with them... i will say i wanna go shopping and they will say OK without 2nd thoughts... carry my shopping bags.. and they pay for dinners no matter how i insist, "fight" in front of the server to pay -.-

they are quite familiar with my bf so chances of platonic friendships overrun are reduced

Comment

I think it's possible but the two persons cannot be too close - eg. spending all their time together. Either one party will fall under the emotional trap i think.

Comment

nothing to display.
                      Last edited by silentjess; 03-11-2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Ya i think mentally both had to see each other as platonic friend. I also love to have platonic friendship with the males but sometimes along the way, who knows i might fall in love or vice-versa in their feelings to me so hence i think inorder not to misled or drag heel too deep in, i rather just keep a distance. Keeping a distance and be friend also can...i don't see why we need to stay close to remain as friend and have a friendship together.

Comment

my bestie is a guy too! We dont get to hang out much lately cos of work.. but whenever we do.. we talk and laugh nonstop. Its heaps of fun. My bf dosent really mind.

Comment

Oh....i really envy you lydiaruth. I like those kind of friends where i am comfortable and can have lots of laughter and talking non-stop like i don't care if anyone watches us at all...used to have them but then, now some married, some lead career life so hence we drifted away....

Comment

actually i think it's possible for girls, but not for guys.

Girls rank guys as just friends, potential dates etc
                              For guys, they rank girls as - less appealing, more appealing. lol....

something i read abt from some theory..

Comment

My bestie is a guy. We've been friends for 10 years.
                                We don't meet up as much as we used to now cos we are all working and stuff but once we do... we'll have loads to crap about.
                                My SO doesn't mind and feels that its fine if its just me and my buddy heading out.
                                We are really close and comfortable in discussing about anything in the world.. and trust me some stuff we talk about are really out-of this world (more like 2 bitches)

I guess such bonding is possible but both parties have to get the "concept" right
                                to prevent any unwanted whirlwind of events.

Comment

Working...
                                X