Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a tuition coordinator do?

Hey all,

I was just wondering what a tuition coordinator does? Matching students to tutors...? I'd be going for an interview this Friday, but am wondering what the job scope it like.

Most importantly, would like to find out whether these tuition coordinators are supposed to find students BY THEMSELVES or do they already have a database of students and tutors, and just match them up?

depens on the company i suppose, some company will advertise and the staff will pick up the calls to match the students and tutor, otherwise you can start your own agency and do the adverisement and matching yourself.

Comment

i called upon an agency who was offering jobs as tution coordinators before.
      it is home-based though. that means you do your job in the comfort of your own home. but i suppose you've gotta pay for the phone bills.
      and yes, it is to match tutors to the students. from what i know, they'll provide you with the tutors database.

Comment

is it true that we'll have to pay the agency a sum of money to access their database? and attend some courses? are there agencies that do not require any form of payment for registration, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by allicsirp View Post
          is it true that we'll have to pay the agency a sum of money to access their database? and attend some courses? are there agencies that do not require any form of payment for registration, etc?
          I'm as confused as allicsirp. Today, I went for two interviews (sort of, more like preview of the job) at two different tuition agencies for position as tuition coordinator. Indeed, both agencies require me to pay upfront first for access to their database - first one claims that it's very minimum maintenance charge which help them to pay for maintenance of their database, since they do not earn a cent from the tuition fees that the parents will pay (50%-50% for tuition coordinator and the tutor). The second agency collect a fee for a cd rom which i have to install to my pc. I also have to pay for cost of printing flyers (i'm supposed to source for students myself). Eventually, I signed up with the second agency for $80, which is cheaper compared to the first one.

Before I went to these 2 agencies, my bf very strongly warned me that if any of it requires me to pay any money, I should just leave as most likely it should be a scam. But I ended up signing up with the second agency, and now I'm getting worried that it'll really be a scam or something like that. Is such arrangement of collecting cash upfront by the tuition agency from a prospective tuition coordinator normal?? My bf is so pissed with me for not heeding his advice that we quarrelled quite badly over it , Now i'm beginning to regret and worry that my $80 is really gone for good. Initially I was very motivated to earn from this job, but after a scolding from my bf, I'm feeling the opposite. Can anyone advise?

Comment

hmm.. if it's a one time payment of $80, it shouldn't be too bad right? because you'll probably be able to make up for that just by matching 1 case?

since you've commited to the job already, don't think too much about it and just make the best of it yah? hope you and your bf will be able to sort things out. don't take it too hard, he's just concerned for you and doesn't want you to get cheated.

Comment

Originally posted by roxiss View Post
              I'm as confused as allicsirp. Today, I went for two interviews (sort of, more like preview of the job) at two different tuition agencies for position as tuition coordinator. Indeed, both agencies require me to pay upfront first for access to their database - first one claims that it's very minimum maintenance charge which help them to pay for maintenance of their database, since they do not earn a cent from the tuition fees that the parents will pay (50%-50% for tuition coordinator and the tutor). The second agency collect a fee for a cd rom which i have to install to my pc. I also have to pay for cost of printing flyers (i'm supposed to source for students myself). Eventually, I signed up with the second agency for $80, which is cheaper compared to the first one.

Before I went to these 2 agencies, my bf very strongly warned me that if any of it requires me to pay any money, I should just leave as most likely it should be a scam. But I ended up signing up with the second agency, and now I'm getting worried that it'll really be a scam or something like that. Is such arrangement of collecting cash upfront by the tuition agency from a prospective tuition coordinator normal?? My bf is so pissed with me for not heeding his advice that we quarrelled quite badly over it , Now i'm beginning to regret and worry that my $80 is really gone for good. Initially I was very motivated to earn from this job, but after a scolding from my bf, I'm feeling the opposite. Can anyone advise?

Well interesting. Actually some of these agencies are selling you gals databases which they shouldnt in the first place. This is not quite right or legal. Probably you want to visit hometutors.sg for more info. They do not need you to pay or ask you to purchase the databases. However selection process in stringent and by application only as they are looking only at good quality coordinators.

Comment

i went for an interview or rather a "course" before and the person who conduct the course was like trying his best to persuade me and another lady to buy the access to database. and it was really expensive. say 3months access is about $300. and when the both of us aint interested and say we'll think about it, he look kind of pissed off and just walk off. really rude. i think they are just out to scam people.

Comment

Originally posted by allicsirp View Post
                  hmm.. if it's a one time payment of $80, it shouldn't be too bad right? because you'll probably be able to make up for that just by matching 1 case?

since you've commited to the job already, don't think too much about it and just make the best of it yah? hope you and your bf will be able to sort things out. don't take it too hard, he's just concerned for you and doesn't want you to get cheated.
                  yeah thanks allicsirp! I realised my folly and assured him I will not commit make such risky decisions again. But I also showed him some of my temper for flaring up with me then he felt guilty instead... I'll just try to make the best of it! Too bad i didn't know hometutors yet then

Comment

basically they are the ones whom matches assignments and tutors..be careful dont get into those "scams " ones whom dont identify themselves as u called up..these are data collection companies as a friend experienced the call once...the lady was rude also ..and latter called her using unlisted no.

Comment

Basically matching potential students to the customers' requirements. I was once a tuition coordinator in one of the famous agencies. It depends on the company. For the company I was in, I did not need to pay any fee. The database has already a pool of tutors and the requests by the customers were always flooding in everyday. However we have sales target to meet every month.

Comment

tuition coordinator for a tuition agency is basically a sales job, with targets of course.

tuition coordinator for a tuition centre is more of an admin job, assisting with registration, photo-copying, collecting monthly tuition fees etc ... very multi-tasking

was a tutor with parkway parade maths centre before it closed down

the coordinator has to open and close centre, paperwork, buy us drinks and even lunch at times...

Comment

hi. just wondering.. how does the tuition co-ordinator collect payment from parents? some parents might not want to pay.

Comment

Usually the tuition agency who recruit the tuition coordinators will guide her along.

Singaporeans are generally honest. Probability of non paying clients is quite low.

Comment

Usually the tuition agency who recruit the tuition coordinator will guide her along

Singaporeans are generally honest. Chances of non paying clients are quite low

Comment

Working...
                              X