Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice places, nice drink n nice live band??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice places, nice drink n nice live band??

Hi beautiful pple out there,
    Anyone who knows any nice place for a nice drink and there is nice live band there?Intend to bring my special someone for birthday celebration..

anyone knows if Harries(if i have not spelt it wrongly) at Fullerton there serves nice drinks?besides those normal alcoholic drinks? there is a live band there rite?

Comment

Live band I always think of Balaclava but its really really popular almost every night!

Harry's at Boat Quay is not too bad as well
      They have another Harry's at Esplanade too!

Comment

there's another harry's at harbourfront...

alternative, u can try hotel lobby lounge..
        i like the one at marina mandarin..
        but they recently underwent renovations..
        have not checked out the new place..

there's long bar at raffles hotel too..
        esmirada at orchard...

Comment

there's also [email protected]
          you can bring your SO there when it's the jamming night. really nice

Comment

Originally posted by stilafaux
            Live band I always think of Balaclava but its really really popular almost every night!

Harry's at Boat Quay is not too bad as well
            They have another Harry's at Esplanade too!
            Where is Balaclava?

Comment

suntec city..
              just opposite starbucks..
              you will see it the moment u are at the overhead bridge connecting citilink to suntec...

Comment

I really like [email protected] too! Very cosy and it's kinda offbeat, just a door in the wall, practically! The Japanese pianist who plays thr Tues-Sat (I think, or Thurs-Sat, can't rem!) is really kooky, creative and certainly a very talented jazz improvisisation pianist! Japanese lady.
                The whole band setup is great IMO; maybe cos' I like that type of music - creative, improvised jazz with spontaneity and they coordinate very well.

IIRC, cover is 2drinks minimum for weekend night. The drinks are pretty good, which works for me. Try to get the couch/armchair thing at the corner in the back of the front area near the band but near the window too! Very romantic and cosy!

A popular place for live music (if you prefer soft rock/rock covers) is Wala Wala on Thurs-Sat nights. The band on Friday is particularly popular and very very crowded so be prepared to go early or queue. The drinks are so-so IMO. Cover is 1 drink minimum per pax.
                Last edited by geekchic; 25-11-2005, 12:24 AM.

Comment

i second [email protected] *_*
                  love it enough to hangout there 3x a week. think the pianist you're refering to is Aya Sekine? she's cool :p

Comment

Wow, lots of raves for [email protected]! Could anyone post the addy and details of where this place is ?

Comment

Post bar @ Fullerton Hotel is not bad either! It's quite cosy there..

Comment

Originally posted by geekchic
                        A popular place for live music (if you prefer soft rock/rock covers) is Wala Wala on Thurs-Sat nights. The band on Friday is particularly popular and very very crowded so be prepared to go early or queue. The drinks are so-so IMO. Cover is 1 drink minimum per pax.
                        you frequent wala often? cause i do know of some friends who frequent wala on a quite regular basis. hehe.

Comment

anyway, my favourite hangout will be Bark's cafe. its not far away from changi prison. they don't have a live band but they replace it with a super big screen for showing live soccer matches. its a very quiet place, not that accessible cause situated like among nowhere.

but they do have crowds as well. especially on weekends when there are soccer matches.

food and drinks wise, they serve bear and wine as well. finger food and main courses are also included in their menu.

do check it out. nice place for friends to get together and just chill. no dress-code needed. doesnt matter if you go in sleeping attire and slippers.

Comment

Hi stilafaux,
                            [email protected] is along South Bridge Road, walking distance from the open air carpark at Upper Circular Road. The South Bridge Road entrance is really a door in the wall kinda thing. Or you can enter from the front which faces Boat Quay too.

Hi karmadearie,
                            Nah, wouldn't say I'm there frequently but usually when my friends and I up for a drink & some good music but don't want to go too far, our default option is Wala's cos' it's near our area. But the lack of parking at Holland V recently has been a huge turnoff.
                            Btw, I love Bark too! So relaxed & really a chillout cafe. It's all the way across the island from me though! But good when we just want to go for a drive and get away from the usual crowd

Comment

hehe balaclava is like the banker's hangout place! my ex colleagues love to hang out there alot and yup, all bankers. the very popular band, EIC performs there on thurs nites i think. Not confirmed about this.

I personally like Walas in HV. A mixture of students and yuppies. Alot of bankers too. Informal, cozy place. I only go on friday cos it's EIC nite! Plus it's near my place too.

Used to go harry's but seldom nowadays....

I also like to go to the lounge at Hilton Hotel for the cheesecake. it's heavenly!! And they've live jazz performance. Sometimes, there's a lady singing very romantic love songs! Perfect place for me and my bf.

Comment

Working...
                              X