No announcement yet.

Any NTU cotters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunkisstiffy: thanks alot. i think i want to settle before school start. i will call today or tomorrow. =D thanks alot!

Comment

• i think since you are a freshman i think they would not let you change now?..you could also wait until add drop..should be okay one=)

Comment

• I think so too. I think I got to wait for the add/drop period to change index number if there're places available. thanks alot!

Comment

• Hi! Anyone wanna swop french? i have HMF1 20019 but i want HMF1 20026!

Do PM me if any of your friends/ you wanna swop! thks!!

Comment

• any recommendation for electives from AHSS?

:D i just dropped one elective and was thinking if there're any recommendation so that I can take next semester. =D

Comment

• anyone who has Hp804 (Coping with Culture Transition) and willing to swop with me for Hp805 (Human Resource Management)?

Comment

• -msg deleted-
                jaded-puff
                Cozy Celeb
                Last edited by jaded-puff; 01-11-2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• I'm helping my boyfriend to camp for a GEM 'cos he is super busy in school. He is taking one less module than he should, so he needs one more class desperately. I was wondering why NTU offers so limited GEM classes? Since they are course requirements, shouldn't they open more slots for students?

I'm in NUS and we always have more than enough space in each course. Even if we can't get the more popular one, the school will just throw us into some random course that fits our timetable. Even if it turns out to be a lousy course, at least we are not denied from taking a class. So I'm shocked that NTU have no vacancies everywhere... Then what about those students who can't get anything? Delay their graduation?

Comment

• keichan: i am afraid you have misunderstood.

NTU is able to slot your SO into the module if it is a compulsory module for him to clear. no vacancies on the system doesn't mean no vacancy at all.

he just needs to go to the school's office, fill up a form on the module which he needs to take, lists first 3 choices of the classes which he wishes to join, the school will slot him into one of the classes.

there was once i could only attend a particular class for that particular timeslot in my timetable, but the vacancy of the class is full, so i seek help from the school office and i got into the class successfully.

Comment

• Originally posted by keichan View Post
                      I'm helping my boyfriend to camp for a GEM 'cos he is super busy in school. He is taking one less module than he should, so he needs one more class desperately. I was wondering why NTU offers so limited GEM classes? Since they are course requirements, shouldn't they open more slots for students?

I'm in NUS and we always have more than enough space in each course. Even if we can't get the more popular one, the school will just throw us into some random course that fits our timetable. Even if it turns out to be a lousy course, at least we are not denied from taking a class. So I'm shocked that NTU have no vacancies everywhere... Then what about those students who can't get anything? Delay their graduation?
                      er... the first thought which came into my head was: I would never ask my SO to register modules for me! at 20+ shouldn't he be responsible for such matters? the second thought which came into my head was: if he is so busy would he be able to cope with another module? and the third question which came into my head was: if he is taking one less module already, how come he is still so busy that he can't register modules on his own?

Anyway, from my experience in NTU I personally think there are plenty of spaces for electives (i'm not sure which type of module you are referring to exactly since we don't use the term GEM). In fact, if you are not fussy about the type of module and you are not trying do create a 3/4-day week, registration should be a breeze. in fact, my NUS friends seem to have more difficulties in bidding for modules.

senior year students are given absolute priority in module allocation. i believe the policy at the office of acad service has always been that no student would be delayed graduation because he/she did not get a module - but the onus is on the NTU student to alert them if they encounter any difficulties. if you go to the office and explain your situation, they are obligated to help you, and I have seen that being done in several instances.

hence, I think your complaints are quite unwarranted lar. no offence but is there a time management problem over here? don't mind me saying but is your bf committing himself to too many activities in school? or did he wait till too late to settle his module registration issues?
                      NaSoNeX
                      Cozy Rookie
                      Last edited by NaSoNeX; 30-08-2009, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• i agree...you should tell your bf since he is studying in ntu for a few years he should know something called appeal system. if your so is in the final year the school will definitely give him the elective Given with valid reason. BUT if he just wants to target a popular course, of course if is difficult to get it. but there will usually be electives which are not full. and most of my friends who appeal got the courses they wanted because of VALID reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded-puff View Post
                          Any biz or acct students here? looking urgently for these textbooks. can't seem to get them on imall etc.

LOOKING FOR!!

Financial Accounting with 'MyAccountingLab'
                          A Business Approach
                          2nd edition(2008 ) Jane L reimers

Analysis of Investments and Management of Portfolios
                          9th Edition, Thomson South-Western, 2008

pls PM me if letting go of them! thanksssssssssssssss
                          you can try to find them during your nbs sday (is it call that?..) those seniors will also sell their books through there..

Comment

• does anyone know where is the Jap Food Stall which moved from Hall 10 to Can A? now that Can A has renovated, i am not sure if the stall is still there, anyone knows?

Comment

• Hi fellow NTU cotters!

anyone who took HP805, intro to HR before? How is it? Tough? If I were to skip lectures, would it put me at a disadvantage?
                              Wondering whether to drop it or not cos it ends at 830pm, and I've an early morning lesson the next day. And I do not stay in hall.

Comment

• i took intro to HR last sem.
                                dont worry its very easy, but you have to be more hardworking and read the textbook!
                                you can skip the lecture if you want because you can basically read everything from the textbook.
                                but have to go for the last lecture because he will give hints as to which chapters will be coming out for exam

Comment

Working...
                                X