Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineer Cotters?

hi,
    just curious any engin cotters out there? Computer,Electronics, Mechanical...dip or deg.

I'm a network engineer in a Telecom company. Went in as a associate engineer when i got my EEE dip in SP.

Comment

Me ! I have an Electronics Engineering degree. Currently working as a software engineer.

Comment

Haha, just quit my job as a process engineer.. So I dun qualify anymore? :p

Comment

I am a mechanical engineer by qualification...
          now finding job.. trying to get out of engineering field...

Comment

any chemical engineers?

but i've quit for good. not good for health you know

Comment

project coordinator in engineering field, consider? cos no degree, cant qualified as engineer

Comment

i just graduate with materials engine degree...now a process & equipment engineer...i must say...i still prefer studying...

Comment

Originally posted by wanderlust
                  any chemical engineers?

but i've quit for good. not good for health you know
                  hi wanderlust! I'm in my final yr in NUS chem engin..... but I don't know what I will be doing after graduation. care to share more about your experience in the chemical engineering field? and may i ask what job are u doing now?
                  thanks!!

Comment

I graduated with a Chemical Engineering Degree from UK.

I have been in the semiconductor industry for a few years. Currently, I am working as a Maintenance Engineer, doing maintenance for my chemical dispense systems. Lots to learn and I love this job. I love to walk around and interact with people during my daily coordination with people.

Chemical Engineering graduates can go to industries like semiconductor, petroleum, pharmaceutical and food (which Singapore seen to be lack of).

Comment

i think i will only be getting a 2nd lower hon at the very best.... do u think companies will want me?

Comment

Originally posted by jazel
                        i think i will only be getting a 2nd lower hon at the very best.... do u think companies will want me?
                        there are companies who would even accept 3rd class hons so i dont see why they would not want u

Comment

In my opinion, government sectors seem to want only graduates with 1st or 2nd upper honours. What's what they always put in the advertisment when I was looking for a job.

However, in my opinion for private sectors, they are looking for something more than academic results. My uni senior (working with a pharmaceutical company) once told me that he has this IA student with very good results working under him. My senior said even though he has good academic results, he was not very good when it comes to working. So you see, academic results aren't really everything. In the real working world, many factors come in. Leadership, coordination with people, ability to work under stress, organisation skills etc.

Don't worry and study hard for now, ok!

Comment

strongly agree with AhCapp

Comment

Hi Sweeties,
                              How you all get the engineering job you desire? I being looking for one since i come out from Poly 2 yrs ago. I still like floating halfway. Work as a small clerk ...

Comment

Working...
                              X