Studying in Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studying in Brisbane

Wheeeee! I will be starting school in UQ early next year! Anybody heading there or is there already?

I heard life is slower and a little boring there. I am still very excited though!

Would love to hear what you guys think of the life in brisbane!

I am studying in UQ now... back for summer vacation
    been there for 1 sem already...

alot of people complain life is slower and boring there but i dont find it so ba..
    since you are there to study , you would constantly be busy with readings, if not assignments
    trust me it is not as boring as perth...

Brisbane is pretty good for shopping they have quite a number of places where all
    the branded warehouses are gathered together,
    somemore it is close to sunshine coast and gold coast and some other wonderful island
    so there is always something to do during vacation

So far i prefer life in Brisbane then in Singapore , find Singapore too boring
    and not to forget UQ's campus is very beautiful

by the way which campus you going to? and have you find lodging yet?

Comment

Hello!

Yup I have got lodging already. Will be staying with a friend who has been there for a sem. Just wondering tho, how much are u paying for ur accomodation?

I am really looking forward to all the shopping! Then again, i am going to be on a budget!

I will be at the st lucia campus. Hope tts the beautiful campus!

Comment

i havent look for my next sem lodging yet... but i used to stay in hostel thought.. which is really good for a brand new student in for the 1st sem there...

normally per week accomondation outside without electric city would be $120 per week...

Hmmm i am stationed at St Lucia Campus as well... it is a not too bad campus very different from what we will get in singapore...

Comment

oh gawd, i LOVED my time in St Lucia. the campus is incredibly pretty, and in Sep-Oct when the trees turn all purple, it's gorgeous!

Brizzy is laid back but it's definitely got it's charms. lotsa lil fun shops and cool clubs plus the SUN!!!!!

enjoy your time there!

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
            oh gawd, i LOVED my time in St Lucia. the campus is incredibly pretty, and in Sep-Oct when the trees turn all purple, it's gorgeous!

Brizzy is laid back but it's definitely got it's charms. lotsa lil fun shops and cool clubs plus the SUN!!!!!

enjoy your time there!
            u grad from there already? i grad end of this yr

Comment

wow, I'm graduating at the end of this year too!
              Yup indeed, I love the beautiful campus layout! very laidback!

Comment

Originally posted by Tea
                wow, I'm graduating at the end of this year too!
                Yup indeed, I love the beautiful campus layout! very laidback!
                what course u studying now? did u manage to visit the other campuses as well?

Comment

Accountancy! Nope didnt visit the other campus though...

Comment

Originally posted by Tea
                    Accountancy! Nope didnt visit the other campus though...
                    i may need to go ispwich next sem for a few days

Comment

Originally posted by forgetmenot
                      u grad from there already? i grad end of this yr
                      i grad years ago already. but i still go back occasionally. miss the place so much!

Comment

what is the living expenses for 1 year excluding sch fees? i'm thinking of UQ, but i don't really know. hopefully get get lots of exemptions, is UQ generous with exemptions?

Comment

Hi there.. I'm currently studying in UQ... This is my second semester. I'm now staying in St Lucia Carmody Road. I love this place, the only thing that is not perfect is that my family is not with me. I really miss home. I thought it would be easier for me since this is the second semester, but beg to differ... Miss home badly.. I have one more year to complete my Bachelor Degree.. Really long for me.. Sometimes really felt regretted coming.. But think of the good points, ppl here are really friendly and life here is really slow and am able to appreciate things more.. I believe i will survive! Think again, it is a wonderful experience here.. Got to know good friends here.. Thank God!

Comment

Hey there,

I'm also studying in St Lucia UQ. I'm staying at Mitre Street where the chinese convenience store, Miss India and Thai crystal is.. :D

Yea will definitely miss home but be optimistic! It's not that bad, it's a new experience and you get to learn more. Hugs! xD

Comment

I am in UQ St lucia too! I love the campus and the environment here.. its so different from singapore..

Hey evey and starviot! i think u all live really near me! I am at sir fred schonell! Have u guys been exploring much? I went to west end today and had a really good breakfast at espresso head. I heard the breakfast at gunshop cafe is sooo much better tho but the queue was way too long! Any good eating places?

Starviot, i think u can survive too. Dont worry At least one day u are able to look back and feel that you did something different. I havent felt homesick yet.. but i think its because i am surrounded by really good friends.. i dont think my first sem would have been that great without em..

Comment

Working...
                              X