• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm coming over to UQ *** july..
    (supposed to b feb but i dragged.. ) hehe
    going St Lucia campus too! wonder if could meet up with ya girls
    since i don know anyone there yet :p

Comment

Hey hey girls, we might be able to meet up and go for a meal or something. Think it'd be quite nice. Do let me know thru pm if u're all interested.

Comment

prettyinpink, yea sure.. why not. Just let me know thru pm your hp number when u've arrived and where you'd be staying.

Comment

Hi,

I am going to UQ in feb but I need help!! My friend and I plan to look for accommodation once we reach there. But the thing this, I can't seem to find any place that has vacancies for temp accommodation. I've tried colleges that provide temp accommodation, no such luck.
          Do anyone have any recommendations on where to stay temporarily?

Comment

Originally posted by forgetmenot
            i may need to go ispwich next sem for a few days
            How's ispwich then?

Comment

Originally posted by a1_ying View Post
              Hi,

I am going to UQ in feb but I need help!! My friend and I plan to look for accommodation once we reach there. But the thing this, I can't seem to find any place that has vacancies for temp accommodation. I've tried colleges that provide temp accommodation, no such luck.
              Do anyone have any recommendations on where to stay temporarily?
              Hey there!

Have you tried the links on this page? I had a few friends who stay in indooroopilly lodge before.

http://www.accommodation.uq.edu.au/i...?page=340&pid=

Anyways, when do you need this temp accommodation? I am currently living in a pretty decent 3 room place near UQ (10 mins walk) I will be going back to singapore from 10th to 26th feb and my room will be unoccupied. I am paying $130 rent a week and thats cheaper than most of the temporary accomodation. Lemme know what u think!

Comment

hey winged,

I've contacted some of the places listed, a couple of them told me that they have no more rooms available. I tried a few more today, waiting for their reply now.
                We will be reaching brisbane on 7 feb, most likely staying for a a week or so... it depends on how long it takes for us to find our long-term accommodation. I'm hoping that we'll be able to shift in our permanent place before school starts.
                Can I details of your place? PM me if you don't want to post it here.
                Let me discuss with my friend!

Thanks alot!!!!

Comment

It'll be easy to look for an apartment to live in once you're there. Just go to Elite Rental at Mitre St or Pro rentals at Toowong. You'll be able to find lodging easily. My brother got our apartment the day he landed and it was a pretty good deal. So no worries I'm sure you'll be able to get one soon too.

Good luck!

Comment

hey girls sorry to interupt, i just graduated from UQ last sem...
                    i would not recommend to you guys to use Elite rental
                    as i used to rent frm them, however had some problem with
                    the agency... and went to UQ student services for help.
                    They told me that Elite is not under their recommended list
                    of rental agency for students due to some reasons which they
                    cant reveal out to us.

There are many agencies around toowong which can help you ...
                    Can try Ray white and pro rentals they are highly recommended
                    by my friends who uses their services..

Comment

Hey thanks lot!!

I'm in brisbane right now, still looking for accommodation.
                      We've seen a few houses but they are pretty expensive. My friend and I are very very worried and desperate right now. lol. we've tried the uq accommodation webby, but most of the good ones were all gone. -_-'''
                      Our budget's from 130 to 145max. sigh. know of anyone renting out 2 rooms within that range?
                      wish me luck... lol

Comment

i'm interested to study bachelor of creative industries in Queensland Uni of Technology. anyone doing it? can you share your experience?

how's the managerment in the school like? and the lecturers over there? are they committed and really experienced?

i'm torn between studying in Melbourne or Brisbane!

Comment

those who graduated from UQ, is the syllabus solely exam based or are there projects? TIA

Connexion i'm torn between melb and brisbane as well unimel's tuition fees are so high!

Comment

Definitely there'll be projects in any uni.

Comment

Studying in qut too !

Hi im studyin in qut july 2008. Gardens point campus. Is there anyone else going? Coz im lookin for roomates, prefably sg rather than the mainland.. i heard bad experiences about them.. but of coz i do know some are fine.. but the chance is slim.. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Myungwoo View Post
                                Hi im studyin in qut july 2008. Gardens point campus. Is there anyone else going? Coz im lookin for roomates, prefably sg rather than the mainland.. i heard bad experiences about them.. but of coz i do know some are fine.. but the chance is slim.. haha
                                the china chinese in australia and the china chinese in sg are different.

i'm staying with 3 person from china and they have been in australia for a long time (since high school and they have graduated from uni) and there are the best housemates i ever have!!! i stayed with 2 singaporean gals and that was the worst experience ever.

most people don't like to share a room...you are probably looking for housemates and not roommates right?

Comment

Working...
                                X