Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any non-urban style like place for dinner or chillin out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any non-urban style like place for dinner or chillin out?

hi gals,

just wanna try out the more unique places for dinner or chillin out..u know not those typical restaurants you have in shoppin centres..kind of bored at times..i'm lookin for places which are perhaps not conventional and unique in their concept..

infact i've found and visited one recently..its called sunset grill & pub (i think so), located at the previous seletar airbase near Jln Kayu, it was soooo ulu, you cant practically go in without any transport, and mind u, its very difficult to find our way there initially cos there wasnt any street lamps durin the journey and you practically can get raped anytime, ahaha..but that made the whole trip more excitin..hehe

the tables were arranged under a huge rainforest tree, very nice for chillin out..in some occasion, u can even see the planes takin off...definitely recommended if u wan somethin different..

i heard of another cafe called "Poison's Ivy"..anyone been there b4? can share your opinion?

gals, if u do hv other gd recommendations, do share...TIA
    Last edited by eling; 01-12-2005, 02:00 PM.

Hi eling,

Do you have the contact number for the sunset grill & pub?

Thanks!

Comment

I have been to Poison Ivy. The restaurant is enclosed and air-con, only a few tables. You have to pay $2 to walk around the farm, didn't see many fruits when I was there. Not really worth the long trip there.

Comment

Originally posted by JS
        Hi eling,

Do you have the contact number for the sunset grill & pub?

Thanks!
        yes, the tel no is 64820244

take note that it's close every tue.

Comment

thanks eling!

Can i know what kind of foos they have?

How much you pay for the bill?

Sorry for the trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by JS
            thanks eling!

Can i know what kind of foos they have?

How much you pay for the bill?

Sorry for the trouble!
            np gal, they serve typical western food like soup (try their mushroom soup, nice), steak.. they also serve chicken wings of different spicy level (more spicier, more ex) and beers...but i heard from the owner that wkends can be packed so do reserve in advance..hope this helps!

cant rem the bill amt but the steak was like $20+?? think so...
            Last edited by eling; 01-12-2005, 03:23 PM.

Comment

hey gals..
              another nice place that i wanna recommend is the tapas tree spanish restaurant at clarke quay..they serve great tapas and the ambience there is great
              they have live band playing blues and jazz..maybe you babes might wanna check it out..
              but i spose the food there is pretty ex..maybe about 20bucks per person..i'm not too sure..cant rem..
              anyway you gals have any nice places to recommend for xmas dinners? hee..

Comment

a nice spot would be the safra club near tanah merah ferry terminal. there's a beachside restaurant serving western and local food. very nice and breezy at night another personal favourite is the cliff at the beaufort, sentosa. but the cliff is very expensive so we reserve that for special occasions only. there's also a nice little restarant at choa chu kang park close to Lot 1 and just behind the condos(can't remember the name of the condo. think its northview or something).

Comment

that's nice..

anymore??

Comment

bungalow tapas bar & grill

http://www.bungalowtapas.com/index.html

this place looks nice..anyone been there before? any good recommendation?

Comment

I've been to Bungalow. Don't find the food there very fantastic though, but thats maybe cause I didn't order any tapas. Can read my writeup on it here.

Comment

Me too. I didn't find its food impressive. very mediocre standard.

For unusual, far-flung places to eat, try this thread http://www.makansutra.com/forums/sin...ic.php?t=14818

It is an excellent source of the most "exclusive" restaurants located in off beat places of Singapore. Hope it's permitted to provide a link from another message board.

Comment

Originally posted by dewdrop View Post
                          hey gals..
                          another nice place that i wanna recommend is the tapas tree spanish restaurant at clarke quay..they serve great tapas and the ambience there is great
                          they have live band playing blues and jazz..maybe you babes might wanna check it out..
                          but i spose the food there is pretty ex..maybe about 20bucks per person..i'm not too sure..cant rem..
                          anyway you gals have any nice places to recommend for xmas dinners? hee..
                          I have a writeup on Tapas Tree here. But I wouldn't consider it non-urban at all. $20 per person is quite a conservative estimate.

Comment

Working...
                          X