No announcement yet.

Abortion OR Adoption - What Do U Think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abortion OR Adoption - What Do U Think?

ABORTION - WHAT DO U THINK?

I would like to collect some thoughts from you cotters as to what do you think of abortion? Do give me your thoughts on this issue
    Last edited by kittysandy; 05-12-2005, 11:28 AM.

If circumstances don't allow you to keep the baby, bringing him or her to this world will only make things worst.

Comment

Hmm...then what about adoption?

Comment

Abortion's really cruel cos i've seen the video of how the process works during my biology class in secondary school last time. It's really heart wrenching to see the baby's fingers weakly clasping the mum while the machine's trying to suck it out. I still feel like crying even now when i think of it.

That said aside, abortion may be cruel, but i don't think it's wise to insist on giving birth if the parent/s is/are not emotionally mature & financially stable enough to make sacrifices & take good care of the baby. There's no point bringing up a baby in dire circumstances, cos it'll only traumatise the child for life.

Giving birth & then putting the child up for adoption's a better idea. Just my

Comment

I do agree with crazyshoaholic... there are so many couples out there who are unable to concieve. Adoption will be the only way out for them. But i have come across females who would rather murder their own baby then to give it up to others.

Comment

Oh dear, that's so horrid it's unimaginable!

Comment

i had to abort my baby only because it stopped growing. during the same week, my girlfriend nearly aborted her perfectly healthy foetus because she is not prepared for another. here i am crying for the one i lost, while she did away with one.

i would say to consider adoption if the situation allows. its an innocent life ..
              Last edited by kye; 05-12-2005, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyshopaholic
                Abortion's really cruel cos i've seen the video of how the process works during my biology class in secondary school last time. It's really heart wrenching to see the baby's fingers weakly clasping the mum while the machine's trying to suck it out. I still feel like crying even now when i think of it.

That said aside, abortion may be cruel, but i don't think it's wise to insist on giving birth if the parent/s is/are not emotionally mature & financially stable enough to make sacrifices & take good care of the baby. There's no point bringing up a baby in dire circumstances, cos it'll only traumatise the child for life.

Giving birth & then putting the child up for adoption's a better idea. Just my
                your description makes me want to cry too .. when i received my report (my gynae sent the aborted foetus to the labs), i tear at the sentence that said: "received in multiple pieces .."

Comment

By the way, there are many women out there who don't realise that even at 2 weeks after conception, the baby already has heart beat. Alot of people think that the baby is only a lump of tissue, they are wrong!

Comment

kittysandy: hey, you are a social worker in abortion counselling!

my wish is to be able to do voluntary work sometime in my life !! i admire one of my ex-colleague who left just to do things that she always wanted to .. and voluntary work is one of them

Comment

Originally posted by kittysandy
                      who would rather murder their own baby
                      hey, let's not be too quick and judgemental and brand them for their actions unless we are in their shoes.

I am sure no one wants to be branded as a murderer.

for whatever decisions they have taken for better or worse, let's be compassionate and help them move on in life.

Comment

Murder is indeed a strong word although I can understand how some cannot see it any other way. I have to agree with Alba that the counseller should be there to help the person handle the situation with no prejudice, no bias.

Comment

Originally posted by alba
                          hey, let's not be too quick and judgemental and brand them for their actions unless we are in their shoes.

I am sure no one wants to be branded as a murderer.

for whatever decisions they have taken for better or worse, let's be compassionate and help them move on in life.
                          Excellent point. The mother goes through A LOT of trauma during the abortion -and we must bear in mind that sometimes this is may be a route she simply does not want to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by kye
                            i had to abort my baby only because it stopped growing
                            HI Kye,

Sorry to hear about your baby, sayang

Lots of sssssss
                            Alba
                            Last edited by alba; 05-12-2005, 12:39 PM.

Comment

darling alba .. love received! thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                              X