Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner & Dance Themes/Games

Hi Cotters!

I'm in the midst of organising my company's Dinner & Dance. It's the first time that I'm organising, so hope all of you gals who have attended fun & interesting D&D could share your experiences with me??

Thanks very much as all your experiences will help me in my planning!

how about hawaii theme? i felt that's rather interesting.

Comment

hi karmadearier,

thanks for your reply!!!

but oops..

i forgot to state that my MD wants those formal dos whereby he and the directors will wear coats and all that...

Comment

my company just had their dinner and dance in nov.. they went by razzle dazzle 1920s... and the CEO was dressed like those Italian mafioso big boss :p

Comment

Originally posted by ampoules
          hi karmadearier,

thanks for your reply!!!

but oops..

i forgot to state that my MD wants those formal dos whereby he and the directors will wear coats and all that...
          how about a masqurade? i don't know if that's the right word, pardon my english. its like everyone wears a mask or something along the line and in a very english style.

Comment

pobell,
            sounds cool!! tks for the idea!

karmadearie,
            nice!!! masquerade would have been cool!! think must have lobang to get really nice masks!!! do u have any idea??

oh oh gals,
            do suggest games which u played at your D&D... hope to have some ideas for table games, couple games, etc etc!!

Comment

hey, perhaps a summer eve d&d? or maybe safari night?

i'm suggesting jackpot (using fruits), for games.
              for example, 3 people will be standing on stage blindfolded. and, they will be each holding a basket containing different kinds of fruits.
              they will then be needed to take out a fruit.
              if the 3 fruit matches, the contestant who rooted for the fruit wins.
              prizes could be used as a reward.

Comment

there are quite a few of costume renting shops near Arab Street.
                they've got tons of different costumes for different occasions!
                be it your costume jewelry or masks etc., i'm sure they bound to have it.

Comment

hi msqiz,
                  sounds great!! arab st... hmm... will check it out for nice masks!!!! u know, what with all the dressing up and all that.. can't just get those normal looking masks.. it would be so unmatching right!! kekeke...

jackpot game... doesn't sound too difficult.. will sound it out with my committee members! tks for ur help!!

more help needed pls!! appreciate all suggestions!

Comment

haha. yeah! i'm sure with fanciful masks, the event would be more spectacular!
                    do give the costume shops a try. they carry tons of things.
                    you'll be amazed!

have fun!

Comment

Do go to Concourse to get your masks or any party favours. They've got a very wide selection, i always visit this one called A-Z

Anyway dress up themes are aplenty:
                      -Glitz & Glamour
                      -A night of stars (Good if you can incorporate giving away some "awards" during the dinner )
                      -Masquerade (more flamboyant and brigher colours)

If it's the first time your company has a D&D, go for a more simple theme that the people know how to dress up for. Alternatively you can seek help from events co, budget usually starts from $2k+ depending on what you need them to provide.

Comment

Thanks Pauline!! will check out concourse for the masks!!
                        i've visited concourse before, and they really have alot of such shops.. but can't quite recall if there are masks on sale.. those shops are quite huge!!

thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
                        X