develop digital camera pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• develop digital camera pics

sorry, but i can't seem to find the thread, but i remember someone mentioning a great place to print photos at far east plaza.

thanks. =)

not far east plaza, but i went to toa payoh central to develop them

$0.35 per piece i believe. no processing fee. there are 2 shops there, i tried the shop nearest to the interchange (next to a watch shop, near breadtalk)

photo quality was quite good!

Comment

just want to ask what's a good resolution to use for 4R photos? i know the safest way is use the best resolution, but they can take up too much memory.

today i went to a kodak near my place, and it costs $0.35 per piece for 4R with no processing fee, i thought it was pretty reasonable. i remember the corner kodak shop at FEP quoting my friend a very cheap price for bulk printing like 100 pieces.

Comment

2 Pixels is already good imo

Comment

2.0pixels is the minimum and is good enough IMO too.

I develop my digital photos by uploading to this site: 99photo which is based in Singapore. Then I don't need to bring the memory card/copy the pics into a CD. Just upload the photos and designate a certain photo processing lab that's convenient for pickup of the photos. Its really convenient...they have outlets across the island so you can just pick it up wherever is near to you. It works cos' usually I upload photos to the site and my friends choose the photos they want themselves and order it right off from an outlet near them so I'm not bothered with which pics they want, how to collect for them etc.

I have one outlet that is a 10min walk away so I just upload at home and pop by the next day to collect. I think they have a mailback service too. Haaha...I think its good for lazy people like me!

Comment

I think different studios offer different prices, I saw one at Konica shop in Clementi that charges $0.30 for 4R (Min 10 pcs) and the best part is that the prices for 3R and 4R are the same........

Comment

Originally posted by geekchic
              2.0pixels is the minimum and is good enough IMO too.

I develop my digital photos by uploading to this site: 99photo which is based in Singapore. Then I don't need to bring the memory card/copy the pics into a CD. Just upload the photos and designate a certain photo processing lab that's convenient for pickup of the photos. Its really convenient...they have outlets across the island so you can just pick it up wherever is near to you. It works cos' usually I upload photos to the site and my friends choose the photos they want themselves and order it right off from an outlet near them so I'm not bothered with which pics they want, how to collect for them etc.

I have one outlet that is a 10min walk away so I just upload at home and pop by the next day to collect. I think they have a mailback service too. Haaha...I think its good for lazy people like me!
              May i know where are the outlets located at?

Comment

Originally posted by Summer27
                May i know where are the outlets located at?
                I found the list of partner outlets on their website, here's the link: http://www.99photo.com/xop/xopPrice.jsp
                hmm..apparently, they have outlets around the world too, so your friends overseas can order too.
                hths!

Comment

I have yet develop my pix yet, I am wondering whether will the shop adjust the pix for you if it's too bright or too dark or we have to do it beforehand?

Comment

Originally posted by geekchic
                    I found the list of partner outlets on their website, here's the link: http://www.99photo.com/xop/xopPrice.jsp
                    hmm..apparently, they have outlets around the world too, so your friends overseas can order too.
                    hths!
                    Thanks geekchic..

Comment

when we bring our photos to the developing centres, we put it in either CD or inside the memory card? can transfer to thumb drives?

Comment

and does anyone know the prices for developing bulk at FEP?

Comment

The Kodak express shop at FEP charges 30cents for digital size and 40cents for 4R prints..
                          For bulk orders.. maybe u can get a 10% discount.. The number of the shop is 67380576.. HTHs!

Comment

Konica might me for saying this, haha, but I thought I should share. I was at my friend's place looking at her old photos, and those on KONICA and AGFA film had all faded - not vibrant colours anymore. So I only trust Kodak or Fuji now. No doubt Konica is cheap.

Comment

It depends on your purposes. No one will want to spend their hard-earned money just for some giveaway postcards. But if that photo is meant for collection, you can even considered giving it a cold lamination to prevent color fading.

Originally posted by cbear
                              Just want to ask what's a good resolution to use for 4R photos?
                              Yup, 2MP is usually good enough. the standard of a 4R picture is 1200X1800 (300dpi). Anything above 300dpi, you print them out. You will not see the differences.

Originally posted by littlemiss
                              Will the shop adjust the pix for you if it's too bright or too dark or we have to do it beforehand?
                              Most of the shop will do a auto-adjustment for all their customers. Personally, i will adjust myself and tell the photolab not to meddle with my photos. But different shops different services. Check them out~

Originally posted by wendee
                              when we bring our photos to the developing centres, we put it in either CD or inside the memory card? can transfer to thumb drives?
                              Yes, most shop. But i know some shops do not process thumbdrive. Personally, i will burn them into cdrw. So i do not have to worry about them damaging my media cards etc.

The best printing paper for brand like Kodak, Konica, Fujiflim are
                              Kodak - Royal Kodak Paper (my friends print them at 30cents/pc)
                              Konica - Golden Dragon Paper (25cents/pc[50min] / 20cents/pc[100min])
                              Fujifilm - Fujicolour Crystal Archive Paper (30cents/pc)

Some might offer kodak paper, but they might not be using the best kodak paper. Do check this out too. Good paper are thicker.

Above are the cheapest price. But as long as u find the price is reasonable. Why not? For me, I prefer konica if i will to give the photos to my friends. Kodak/Fuji will be those that inside my portfolio or even some of my ablums.

Comment

Working...
                              X