Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tab Tv

Dear cotters,
    Wondering if any of you have watched TAB TV. It's on Channel 5 hosted by Evelyn Tan every Wed from 10 - 10.30pm. It covers very good discussion topics like suicide and maid abuse etc etc.. It's a programme worth watching. They also bring in counsellors to discuss about why such things are happening in our everyday lives.

I've seen one episode on the marriage of Human&Ghost marriage. Quite interesting, quite similar to "Get real" hosted by diana ser previously.

Comment

I watched the one about maids turning/forced into prositution. The 1st story that touched on was very sad. She got raped by her married employer and subsequently got pregnant. Her inhumane employer sent her off to batam under the pretense that he would look after her and the child. He never turn up again and she was then sold by her "neighbour" into prositution unknowingly. Her tragic end? Died of aids. I think this is a true case right?

Then the 2nd story is about a maid who always got scolded or abused by her employer. Then her friends suggested her to run away to batam and work as prositute. She did.

Yea this is quite an interesting programme, bringing out the facts of life in singapore that we might not be aware of due to our protected environment.

Comment

i wanted to catch the episode on teenage sex but forgot about it.. suppsoed to be aired the last wednesday..

Comment

knew about this programme and i personally think its a really good one BUT i won watch it .. because i don like the host .. i believe evelyn is a nice girl but i just don like her and i think she tries too hard, esp when she was a broadcaster in Ch U .. i caught most of Get Real though ..

Comment

Watched it. Don't really think much about it.. it didn't stir me enough to go into deep pondering. A friend found Evelyn quite judgemental. Well, she's a parent now.

Comment

Originally posted by kye
              knew about this programme and i personally think its a really good one BUT i won watch it .. because i don like the host .. i believe evelyn is a nice girl but i just don like her and i think she tries too hard, esp when she was a broadcaster in Ch U .. i caught most of Get Real though ..
              I share the same view with you too.. I dun think she is a very good host... She is not natural at all when she presents such programmes... Anyone knows what is tomorrow's subject about???

Comment

Can't remember tomorrow's about ...but recalled jamie yeo (looking speechless or stunned) when being interviewed by evelyn tan.

Comment

kittysandy! yippy! glad to find someone who shares the same view as me!! i was so happy when MediaCorp dropped her when they merge with MediaWorks .. but looks like she is back again .. sian ..

Comment

i watched each episode cause i find that the topics touched are rather interesting, especially the ones on NDE (near death experience). I find the show rather informative.

Comment

They do have interesting topics but the layout of the show turns me a little off though. Not very professional or polished. The caricatures sometimes look like they are making fun of the people featured or interviewed.

Comment

Working...
                      X