Anyone does baby massage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone does baby massage

Hi All mummy out there have anyone did massage for your own baby.Pls give some comments

Hi,

I do baby massage for my dd everyday. She loves it, i love it. It's great bonding for us and she sleeps better and longer after each massage.

Comment

Hi Merlot thanks for your reply .By the way where did you learn the massage ,cause my baby is already coming 9 mths and the course i am thinking of taking up the staff told me that it will only be starting on january than will start .By than she will be already 10 mths will it be like too late.

Comment

10months wouldn't be too late! My 3 yr old daughter still loves her daily rub.

Here is a website for you to learn by yourself. If you don't follow it's techniques it's okay too.
        They just love our touch on their bodies. So you can rub up and down and all around too. Techniques have it uses of course like improving appetite massage or colic massages and even anti-constipation massage. If you are interested I can tell you more.

Hope it helps: http://www.makewayforbaby.com/massages.htm

Also this might be helpful in choosing a appropriate oil for massaging the baby.
        http://www.iaim.org.uk/a_oils.htm

Comment

It's never too late. I use the baby massage steps to massage my 3y.o toddler too. He simply loves it! Sometimes he can fall asleep in the middle of the massage.

I learned it from babiesncream @ great world city.

Here's their website:

www.babiesncream.com

Cheers!

Comment

TMC also offers baby massage too

Comment

HI all really thanks for your reply and information on baby massage really cant wait to do massage for my little darling.I willing be arranging a massage from mother &child she is call Hannah anyone know her pls give so comment. They are charging $70 + $10 transport is that too expensive Pls let me know thanks.MILLION THANKS TO ALL.

Comment

ooh err, my kid does not like being massaged. She wriggles alot and hates to be forced to lie down when all she wants to do is get up and crawl everywhere.

I didn't start her young though. Only started when she was about 11 months i.e when she started her weekly Tumble Tots session. They have a massage portion and she could never "lie" through the session. *sigh* So I gave up and just let her move around when other babies were lying so docile being rubbed.

Comment

Originally posted by mogmick
                  ooh err, my kid does not like being massaged. She wriggles alot and hates to be forced to lie down when all she wants to do is get up and crawl everywhere.

I didn't start her young though. Only started when she was about 11 months i.e when she started her weekly Tumble Tots session. They have a massage portion and she could never "lie" through the session. *sigh* So I gave up and just let her move around when other babies were lying so docile being rubbed.
                  Your little one is really special in her sense! or it may be just that her sense of curiousy is stronger! You might want to try when she is calm and winding down for her sleep/ nap.

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 14-11-2008, 11:25 PM. Reason: ....................

Comment

Ashlee, tried do massage her last few nights before she slept. Worked one night but not the next. Maybe my techniques wrong

Medusa, yah, like what you say, catch one limb and it's done!

Comment

I don't know about u all. But i'll catch her "signal" of sleepy eyes and tiredness. SOmetimes after some exciting play(robber & theif or hide and seek) with ds, i'll allow some wind down time before i massage her.

Usually she'll sleep right after for 5-10mins after the massage. To me, massage works wonders for my both kids. They can go into deep sleep much much longer, like 2-3hrs straight. This is a great difference from the usual 1/2hr nap.

Comment

Merlot hmm So envy you great that your kids like the massage so much.Hopefully my little gal will like it too will be having the training next keep you goys up dated Cheers.

Comment

Any Recommendations for Baby Massage?

Hi

Read that baby massages help babies to sleep better and can reduce stomach wind. I'm thinking of bringing my baby for baby massage and at the same time learn the techniques so that I can massage my baby in future.

Anyone tried baby massage? Is it effective? Any recommendations?

Comment

Hi Yena,
                              I've never bring my babies to attend any bb massage classes, however, I did it right at home. I got a magazine, "Martha Stewart Baby" it show the steps on baby massage... quite easy to understand and follow. I enjoy doing it with my 2 kids (when they are babies)... I'm not sure if it helps them to sleep better, or reduce stomach win...but one thing for sure... it helps bonding between mommy & baby!

Comment

Working...
                              X