Swollen Tonsil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swollen Tonsil

I get swollen tonsils almost once every 2 months, usually when I am lack of sleep. Anyone has the same problem ? Anyway to help ? I know I need to get enough sleep and rest but that is not always possible with 2 very active toddlers.

I am terrified of removing my tonsils. Thinking of trying acupuncture. Anyone tried bedore ?

eeeks! we have the same problem! my tonsils flare up once every 3 months when there's lack of sleep / talk too much (i'm a teacher) / eat oily stuff

it's annoying and painful!

the doctor advised me to remove them when i was in sec 2 (24 this yr) but i refused.

is there any way to prevent our tonsils from being so bad? i heard it's good to take vit C regularly. there's also this thing called 'peng da hai' which u can get from the medical hall. it's said to be cooling. u can find that in cheng tng too. it's the brown jelly-like substance

Comment

Finally found someone with the same problem.

I have been drinking at least 2 cups of fresh watermelon juice a day, it is cooling and has vitamin C, so it seems to help.

I guess the only way is to fix the root cause, which is get enough sleep ! But that is easier said than done !

Comment

ive been to the docs for this before, they adviced to remove the tonsils, but I didnt cos I was afraid my voice would be different..
        its so much more paiful then soar throat, but if it occuresto often, i'll just have to remove them..

Comment

i also have sore throat once every 2 months...hmm...it looks like tonsilitis is a very common prob. i think we just have to eat more fruits and drink more water to clear the toxins from our systems. that does help i think and get enough rest...and don't shout too much at the kids in class...muhahaha

Comment

i used to have this problem in my teens/early 20s, even 3 pieces of durian would result in a sore throat, it was just so absolutely annoying. on a doc's advice, i removed them. most fantastic decision i ever made! its been wonderful since the surgery done 12 years ago, hardly any sore throats and the frequency of falling ill has been reduced by more than two thirds. i would encourage you girls to remove them if the doc has advised it.

Comment

Moo,
              You removed your tonsils ! Was it very painful ? How long did it take to heal ?

Comment

Tonsil infection

Hi cotters,

my bf has tonsil infection and it's hurting him a lot. Anyone facing the same infection? Any way to lessen the pain?

Edited: Thanks mod
                Last edited by eclipsepmint; 20-03-2007, 11:14 AM.

Comment

eclipsepmint,

Try manuka honey UMF 20 and propolis. The proplis must get those with higer percentage type. Mix 8 drops of propolis into 1 tbsp of manuka honey and consume it everymorning and night without water. My hb used to have tonsil and high fever will always come along so after trying the honey+propolis, he does not get tonsil infection anymore. But when he think his throat is getting dryer, he'll take the honey + propolis and next day the dryness is gone. Hths!

Comment

So i'm not the only one with problem. Whenever my tonsils get infected, I'll get fever at the same time. Super irritating. Somemore I'm a pri sch teacher, need to raise my voice now and then . HAizz...

Comment

Originally posted by tamarind View Post
                      I get swollen tonsils almost once every 2 months, usually when I am lack of sleep. Anyone has the same problem ? Anyway to help ? I know I need to get enough sleep and rest but that is not always possible with 2 very active toddlers.

I am terrified of removing my tonsils. Thinking of trying acupuncture. Anyone tried bedore ?
                      Oh same same. I am having these prob since pri sch. Has been 20 odd yrs. Recently was recommended by fren to try out colostrum. It works for me. Whenever I feel my throat sore, I'll take 2-4 capsules base on d severity. Next day b good again!

Comment

Thanks you Penny. Much better now! ((:

Comment

Working...
                        X