The Body Clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Body Clinic

Hi, anyone have some info to share on The Body Clinic ? What is the membership fee like? The classes seem interesting from the website www.thebodyclinic.com.sg ... anyone out there a member or tried their classes before? Thanks

looks interesting with different type of fitness class, but am pretty sure they are going to cost a lot... they look and sounds EX

Comment

I was refered to The Body Clinic by a medical professional and had utmost trust that the clinic will be provide holistic treatment.
      My experience turned out to be frustrating. Instead of retaining clients through excellent and approachable services, the clinic's approach is no different from those infamous profit-minded spa companies that adopt methods to trap clients into renewing / signing up for packages.
      Firstly, the consultant tried to convince me into taking up a package of 50 sessions (that is S$7,500 in total!!). Fortunately, upon my insistence, I manage to take up a 10 sessions package.
      Upon completion of my first package, the clinic consultant asked me to renew, which I agreed since I thought it was only fair that more sessions will be required in order to see improvements. When I bargained for a lower charge, the consultant informed me that the price will only be lowered if I sign up for a package of 20 sessions. Eventually, after much discussion, the consultant finally relented and allowed me to sign a package of 10 sessions at a reduced rate of $120 per session (i.e. total of S$1,200 for the package).
      Halfway through my second package, I was on one month's medical leave due to an operation. In view that the package carries a validity period of 3 months, I informed the clinic about my inability to attend the sessions. Upon submission of the medical certificate, the clinic was kind enough to extend the validity for a month. However, the validity still expired before I could finish my package, leaving 4 sessions unutilised. When I requested for the clinic to extend the validity period further, they informed that they will extend only if I sign up for another package of at least 10 sessions. To this, I was utterly disappointed because time and time again, the clinic used such devious method to "retain" clients. For about a whole month, I tried to contact the management so that we may mitigate this matter. However, the management behaves with such superiority and hoity-toity attitude that they never returned my calls.
      The problem behind the contract expiring before I can complete the package is really not due to the medical absence, but to the fact that it is such a challenge to book an appointment with the therapist!! I have for countless times called 2 weeks in advance to book, but slots are always taken up!!
      So the gist of this long story is - unless you have tonnes of money to spare, try not to get yourself trapped!! Spare yourself the frustration in dealing with the untouchable management!!

Comment

Untouchable management

I was refered to The Body Clinic by a medical professional and had utmost trust that the clinic will be provide holistic treatment.
        My experience turned out to be frustrating. Instead of retaining clients through excellent and approachable services, the clinic's approach is no different from those infamous profit-minded spa companies that adopt methods to trap clients into renewing / signing up for packages.
        Firstly, the consultant tried to convince me into taking up a package of 50 sessions (that is S$7,500 in total!!). Fortunately, upon my insistence, I manage to take up a 10 sessions package.
        Upon completion of my first package, the clinic consultant asked me to renew, which I agreed since I thought it was only fair that more sessions will be required in order to see improvements. When I bargained for a lower charge, the consultant informed me that the price will only be lowered if I sign up for a package of 20 sessions. Eventually, after much discussion, the consultant finally relented and allowed me to sign a package of 10 sessions at a reduced rate of $120 per session (i.e. total of S$1,200 for the package).
        Halfway through my second package, I was on one month's medical leave due to an operation. In view that the package carries a validity period of 3 months, I informed the clinic about my inability to attend the sessions. Upon submission of the medical certificate, the clinic was kind enough to extend the validity for a month. However, the validity still expired before I could finish my package, leaving 4 sessions unutilised. When I requested for the clinic to extend the validity period further, they informed that they will extend only if I sign up for another package of at least 10 sessions. To this, I was utterly disappointed because time and time again, the clinic used such devious method to "retain" clients. For about a whole month, I tried to contact the management so that we may mitigate this matter. However, the management behaves with such superiority and hoity-toity attitude that they never returned my calls.
        The problem behind the contract expiring before I can complete the package is really not due to the medical absence, but to the fact that it is such a challenge to book an appointment with the therapist!! I have for countless times called 2 weeks in advance to book, but slots are always taken up!!
        So the gist of this long story is - unless you have tonnes of money to spare, try not to get yourself trapped!! Spare yourself the frustration in dealing with the untouchable management!!

Comment

Rigid no-refund policy

Some months back i had a bad back ache and signed up for a 20 session package after going for one trial session. I had seen online on youtube that pilates can help ease lower back pain. After my first session of the package, I experienced severe pain and could not walk. I was told this was normal and part and parcel of the healing process but the pain was so excruciating that I was hesitant to go back. No one even stopped to ask if I was alright or showed concern and was simply told to use an ice pack when I got home.
          I requested for a change in package to other services (such as aesthetics) as i was aware of the no-refund policy. The consultant told me to write an email to the management to request and they would get back to me in a week. It took them 2 and a half weeks to reply and they declined my request, only allowing me to change from a 'Healing' package to a 'Fitness' package. This is as good as no change since the healing and fitness package are essentially the same (just maybe a change in the type of exercise recommended by the therapist). I was not satisfied, so I went to CASE for help to get back my money. After a few months of liaising with the CASE officer, they still stood firm on their no-refund policy and I am still left with 19 unused sessions that I no longer need. I will be seeking other channels to try and get my money back as it's really a lot of money to me. This is probably the one and only decision I regret making in my life.

I agree with mountberry. Unless you have loads of money, don't go there. It's just another spa/fitness chain that puts profits over customers.
          Last edited by schnitzel; 26-12-2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Schnitzel, I'm going to bring my case to CASE too. If it turns out unsuccessful, I'll be turning to small claim tribumals. It is actually not the money that I'm after, but the unethical attitude that I hope to put a stop to. Otherwise, more consumers will fall victim. If you're keen to collaborate with me, do email me at [email protected]

Comment

sound terrible

Received a flyer, thought this is good by reading the flyer itself. Thanks mountberry & schnitzel for sharing, I won't go even the free trial!

Comment

Working...
              X