Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitness studios/centres for females

hi there,
    can anyone recommend a fitness studio/centre for females that is good?

i have heard of amore fitness, anyone from there?

maybe you can give me your opinions

Hi Herafeen,

You can try fitness first. They have gyms at Paragon, Raffles Place, Capital Towers and George Street.

Comment

Used to go amore a long time ago. Dont like it. I have membership at California Fitness now. I like their classes & cardio equipments ..

Comment

I'm with fitness first, like the fact that it's not crowded and the classes are interesting. Maybe you can try to go for trials at different gyms/clubs to see which you prefer?

Comment

oh yes! Planet Fitness offers one week trial quite readily .. and they are not as pushy as CF

Comment

for ladies only fitness centres, i can think of...
            - amore
            - go fitness (new fitness club @ wheelock place)

Comment

hi there, thanks for all your opinions..
              apart from go fitness, have any one of you heard about any new fitness studios for females that are just opened?

maybe it's a good idea to try out the trial classes at the different fitness studios..

Fitness First seems like a good choice, but im afraid the fees may be expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by kye
                Used to go amore a long time ago. Dont like it. I have membership at California Fitness now. I like their classes & cardio equipments ..
                hi there, if you dont mind, may i know what you dont like about amore....?

Comment

herafeen79 is actually slightly more expensive compared to other gym studios. The only thing I am glad about is that they don't collect one lump sum together but have this giro system which they deduct monthly

Comment

Originally posted by herafeen79
                    hi there, if you dont mind, may i know what you dont like about amore....?
                    it was a long time ago but i vaguely remembers:

the classes were expensive & have to finish the classes within the period subscribed, ie 12 classes within 3 months, have to pay extra for gym cardio equipments. staff werent at all friendly. i was literally invisible. no basic neccessities, ie shower (have to pay extra), no towel, no watercooler. classes were limited to that few types back then. studios were small, miserable and sardined packed, last but not all, made me pay for registration fee again when i rejoined 2 years later, cos they couldnt find my records! talk about efficiency. doh!

Comment

i have been a member with amore for almost 5 years now. Thinking of switching..
                      Basically i'm only interested in high intense cardio aerobics workout, those yoga and pilates and step are not my cuppa tea.

I hate it now that Amore impose some reservation policy, some popular classes need booking 1 week in advance.
                      This really sucks, hello? i want to go to a class as and when i like and not call u one week before to commit my schedule.

Where else has many aerobics classes for me? PF and Cali don't seem to have many.
                      I have free passes to Cali with UOB CC, I hardly make use of them now.

Comment

im gonna sign up with amore tomorrow, 56 lessons in 7 months for $609. should i? seems like its not really popular in CC. but it works out to about $11/lesson for me and its my first time joining a fitness centre.

which outlet do u usually go vel?

Comment

Originally posted by wendee
                          im gonna sign up with amore tomorrow, 56 lessons in 7 months for $609. should i? seems like its not really popular in CC. but it works out to about $11/lesson for me and its my first time joining a fitness centre.

err ..wendee, dont you find it expensive?? i used to go for 3 classes straight in a row on Mondays & Wednesdays, plus at least 3 more classes on other days during the week. I always end my visit with at least an hour on cardio .. just imagine! 9 classes each week, 36/month & it only works out to be $1.80 per class .. (my membership is $1600 for 24 months)

haha ... i'm not sure if i should see it this way BUT i definately feel $11 per class is too expensive. If this is the case, then you might as well sign up GOLD membership with CF at about $69/mth if i am not wrong ($98 registration) .. you can go for unlimited classes & free use of the cardio equipments too! afterall, the minimum contractual period is just 3 months?

i wouldnt want to book one week in advance for classes boy! my bag is always in the office and as & when I feel like it, i'll just hop over!

Comment

but im not ready to commit for so long and pay so much upfront u see, intially only wanted try for 3months. anyone else has better deals to share?

Comment

Originally posted by wendee
                              Mon: Amara 7pm High Low
                              Thurs: Bugis Junction 7pm High Low

Mine is basic package, cos i only go for aerobics, don't like the rest.
                              I wish they have more timing for High Low in town.

Now, i'm much slacker, used to jump 3-4x a week.

Comment

Working...
                              X