Dog Grooming course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Grooming course

Hi all, I'm interested to take up a dog grooming course next year. My aim is to help SPCA on a causal basis after completing the course. I was quoted $5400 for the professional course(100 hours) and it is really too steep for me as I'm working as a volunteer not a employee. Anyone has friends or relatives in the pets trade whom I can asked? Appreciated any comments

Bringing up this thread again.

I'm interested in taking up a professional grooming course so that I might be able to set up a grooming salon at a later stage. Anyone here has any advice on which school is good?
    I found this school http://www.dogcare.com.sg/groomingsc...w2col2.html#us and was rather interested as it provides a cert. Anyone has experience with this school? Is it good?

superBum: Did you managed to enroll into a grooming course? How much you paid and did you get a professional cert?

Comment

i thought of learning too but its more for dog owners rather than professional

Comment

shinystar: You mean the Dogcare grooming school is more for dog owners? But i thought they provide cert upon graduation from their professional course...

Comment

no..im keen in learning dog grooming for dog owners and not for professionals..meaning learning how to groom my dog cos i think professional fees are too high

Comment

Originally posted by Rouge View Post
            Bringing up this thread again.

I'm interested in taking up a professional grooming course so that I might be able to set up a grooming salon at a later stage. Anyone here has any advice on which school is good?
            I found this school http://www.dogcare.com.sg/groomingsc...w2col2.html#us and was rather interested as it provides a cert. Anyone has experience with this school? Is it good?

superBum: Did you managed to enroll into a grooming course? How much you paid and did you get a professional cert?

Wow...my post was three years ago and finally I do get some replies now. Anyway I
            did not enroll into any dog grooming courses. I was rejected by a pet shop three years ago when I actually volunteered to help them out for free( such as washing the dogs). Maybe she thinks I'm a spy or someone crazy. The reason for the free volunteering job was to make sure that I am able to cope with dogs despite my allergies. I do get skin itchiness with small red bumps or sometimes asthmatic which then I've to take my antihistamine and ventolin. Despite all these problems, I still own dogs and love them very much

Don't think I'm able to help you much here. All the best!

Comment

shinystar: I see... I saw that there are a few grooming schools offering basic grooming course which will teach you the basics so you can groom your own dogs. The fees are also not too high and duration is quite short.

superBum: I guess the pet shop owner just cannot believe there's such a good deal!

Comment

superbum, maybe u could help at SPCA or dog shelters

Comment

Hi Rouge, I guess so

Hi shinystar, I thought so the last time but usually these dogs shelters are so remote. Till now, I have only visited my sponsered dog, chewy in ASD once. It is almost impossible to go there without my hubby's help.

Comment

ya..many shelters are very remote

Comment

i'm not sure if it's right to bumps up such a long thread, but I came across grooming courses at the Pet Shop at Vivocity like a few months back. I'm not sure if it's still available. Maybe you can check it out.

Comment

heard it is only a in-house cert that u will get from the vivo city grooming school....

Comment

I thought all grooming schools here only offer in-house certificate?

Comment

u might want to google it to see if you can find any source?I've got pets phobia.Nevertheless, I know one pets grooming shop that is quite certified?
                            Have you heard of FurNAway?Bt I dono if they provide pets grooming course nort.
                            HTH!

Comment

there is one pet shop along upper paya lebar that offer grooming course.. the instructor is a korean

Comment

Working...
                              X