Meal Replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meal Replacements

thought I'll start a thread on the different types of meal replacement.

which is the best you've tasted and yet it's low in calories, carbo and sugar?

so far, i've tried cambridge diet. the soups and some of the drinks are okie but it can be quite repulsive if you were to take it for a long duration.

i'm looking to try myoplex next.. GNC having a promotion right now on EAS products. it's buy 1 get 1 free.

i'm keen to try the food bars, not so much as a meal replacement but to keep me full when i don't have time for meals. any recommendations? i went to GNC today and saw that the ATKINS drink is quite low in sugar, carbo. I bought some to try

i agree, the cambridge diet stuff are AWFUL!

a friend of mine swears by the GNC Advantage low-cal bars. she buys them from the boxfuls whenever she goes to the States. supposed to be quite yummy. the flavours sound quite nice - cookies and cream, almond fudge brownie, mint chocolate....

Comment

Meal replacement beverages?

What is the most effective meal replacement beverage you've ever tried? How's the taste?

I saw this chocolate flavoured milk powder called Complan (by heinz) in the supermarket today, anyone tried this? This is a meal replacement beverage, right? Or is it a meal supplement? I cant tell cause it doesnt state clearly.

Xando also has this meal replacement beverage, saw it retailing for $29+ per box, anyone tried? How does it taste?

Comment

Herballife! There is this protien drink mix which come in several flavours which is to replace your meal. It's really effective, I saw 2 of my colleagues drop two sizes but then I would say you must have the self control. To lose weight, you would have to replace at least 2 of your meals with the drink. I have tried it for a few times, gave up half way, cannot resist to the good food around

Comment

Cambridge. I believe it's the most expensive one compared too Slimfast etc. I also feel it's more balanced/ reliable.

Taste-wise, ok for me but err, you better test 1st Had good results but problem for me is, I found it so expensive per meal that I couldn't bear to drink it much/ consistently.

Comment

tried a couple but never had the will power to continue. i usually get pretty hungry after drinking them and would still go back eating.

i like Ensure though. only tried vanilla and strawberry. my mum bought this for me as a meal supplement but you can use this as a meal replacement too. you can find this at NTUC. it's yummy and i used to look forward to drinking it.

Comment

i've tried Cambridge soups and they SUCK! i hated the powdery taste and the slightly 'slimy' feeling.

think the drinks might be slightly better

Comment

Positrim from Nutrilite (from Amway) taste GREAT! But it is quite expensive. In fact, it is the most delicious meal replacement I have ever tried. I have tried:-

Cambridge
                Herbalife
                Forever Living
                Positrim

As for meal replacement Bars, I have only tried "Pounds off bar". that one was bought from TV Media...it taste GREAT too! I remember nature Farm used to sell it too. I remember there was one time I relied on these bar for one weeks (plus exercise VERY VIGOROUSLY), I managed to lost 5 kg in a week. But it was quite unhealthy way of losing weight.

Comment

I bought Complan (refer to my above post) and used it as a dinner replacement few days ago, its great! The taste is unmistakenly chocolatey but not overly sweet. Serve it chilled and it tastes something like a milkshake. Filling factor: 7/10. I feel like I've eaten a light dinner after taking a glass of this. I'm planning to stock this up.

Comment

Originally posted by mango
                    I bought Complan (refer to my above post) and used it as a dinner replacement few days ago, its great! The taste is unmistakenly chocolatey but not overly sweet. Serve it chilled and it tastes something like a milkshake. Filling factor: 7/10. I feel like I've eaten a light dinner after taking a glass of this. I'm planning to stock this up.
                    mango

I drink Complan too! And i think it taste great!!!

Usually I will use this to replace dinner, it feels quite full but feels slight hunger if one tends to stay up late.

I suggest if you feel that its not enough, you can add some cereals into it. HTHs!

Comment

hi, how much does complan cost? would appreciate if given the price range and where to purchase it.

Comment

cambridge diet the chocolate favor is nice !!!
                        parkway got sell whole box chocolate (can choose what favour u want ) but they only sell in 21 packets for $95 ... cannot buy lesser...

but the SAs there got abit of attitute problem...

Comment

I've tried Xando Meal Replacement (available in Chocolate + Strawberry). Very drinkable and rather filling. Best to drink cold, and since you have to mix it 100-150ml of low-fat milk so its more like a milkshake. I prefer the Chocolate favour but too bad it comes in a mixed box.

Comment

hi... u mean the Xando drink need to add milk ? cannot just add water? what type of milk do u add? powdered type or fresh milk ??

Comment

I bought Xando last wkend..just started today. I didn't add milk though, so it's a bit yucky huh.. in comparison Cambridge tasted so much better.

Can I know what's the result yield from girls who've tried Xando..?

Comment

Working...
                              X