• monash uni students

is there anyone here???
    pls state ur course.....if ur stil studying or haf graduated
    any remarks on the school.....n such
    n also those doin at TMC......
    a place for us to gather n share exp

im in bachelor of arts(comm)
    currently 1st sem-summer sem

i just graduated from monash uni, BA (Journalism)

Comment

Will be doing Monash's graduate diploma in psychology (@ TMC) come late Feb.

Brother have done Monash's computing.

Comment

Currently in Melbourne Caufield campus taking Masters of Applied Finance. Back in Singapore for the summers.

Comment

At TMC. Into my Final sem. Doing Bachelor of Commerce & Biz. I hate TMC or Monash for that matter. I've nothing good to say about them.

The old batch of co-ordinators were really good and due to a major revamps, a lot of them have decided to leave. Now the new co-ordinators, they're slow to do things for you, every answer they give is a huge NO. The old co-ordinators were really good and they would try to fight for what they believe is yours.

Don't let me get started on the lecturers. I skip half my classes partly due to my job and also the lecturers were so lousy that I end up wasting time at classes and I go home I still need to read my text word for word! Good lecturers can teach stuff in 3 hours, whereas if a student were to read on herself, she would spend 6 hours. I've only met 2 of such lecturers in TMC so far.

3rd, the Aussie counterparts..They set the wrong questions in the exams, screwed up my exam dates (I actually went to the exam venue with no exam to take! I had to take leave for another day when they finally sort out the dates), exam papers go missing..sheesh the list goes on.

4th, the classes are kind of dead. I guess its coz most of the students are pretty young. We practically just sit there and listen. At PSB, the classes are really lively and I even resort to taking MCs to attend classes, I look forward to going to classes as the lecturers really engage the students and classmates were so fun to be with.

A lesson for me, never go for brand-name schools. I had wanted to enrol in Loroughborough in PSB as I had a good experience with PSB. Eventually I decided against it when 8/10 of my friends have never heard of the school although its one of the top-ranked schools in UK. Big mistake.

My advice to people now is go for schools that can provide high level of support, good lecturers and good study environment. Forget about the brand names.

Comment

wow............that was a bad experience
            hopefully mine will not be so bad
            cross fingers

Comment

1 of my best frens study there but its as though she aint studying, simply paying for her degree.

Comment

I always wonder how with all those plagarising cases & other problems (I for sure knows about a plagarising case as it involves my brother's friend) Monash still ranks 33rd in the world ranking of universities.

Comment

Hi zja, saw your comments on Loughborough University. I believe many people will only be familiar with Cambridge,Oxford etc this type of branded top uni. But according to my UK Manager, Loughborough is very good as they are strong in Business field. I was thinking of enrolling in the 2nd year degree course and have asked him about this university

Comment

i am a monash uni grad.
                    grad in 2003.. bach in computing

Comment

I just enrolled for my BA Arts (Comms) with TMC too...i believe the education provider might not be the best but i've been doing alot of research on the various offshore learning programs and the Monash one seems to be quite comprehensive and reliable. I really hope i can figure out the whole system cos' till now i am very blur when it comes to enrolment for modules and stuff...perhaps i can seek mistijac's help

Comment

I really hope i can figure out the whole system cos' till now i am very blur when it comes to enrolment for modules and stuff...perhaps i can seek mistijac's help [/QUOTE]

hehe.........i can try my best but i do not claim to know everything
                        when i started i also like u.....not sure about some stuff
                        go ask like everyone as i do not how to go abt it
                        must have caused certain people to go like........this girl ......hahaha
                        hey i am doin my first comm unit in february......you doing it too??
                        anyway anything can pm me..........i will trry my best to help my course mate
                        hope u get what you wish for
                        Last edited by mistijac; 11-01-2006, 09:13 PM.

Comment

I m a monash uni student
                          Doing my master's of biomedical science
                          I wasn't enrolled thru TMC... but via RP ...
                          Hmm I can only say the admin in monash is really slow...
                          U probably have to visit them every day in order to get your application done... which is what has had happened to me.. Everything is sooooooooo slow going...

Comment

haha Australia is pretty laid back. You don't get the quick quick quick spirit there but they sure are willing to help

Comment

Working...
                            X