Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do u dance?

1) how do u move your body?
    - jump like u're on a skipping rope? or rock ur body side to side? or how?
    - what u do with ur hands?
    - how do u move ur hips? (or do u move ur hips at all?)
    - do u tap ur feet?
    - do u swing ur head?
    2) how do u join the dancing crowd? just walk in & start jumping around?

3) do u dance around a small area? or keep running around the whole place? or change a spot once a while?

sorry ah, i know i'm asking so many dumb questions! but i really don't know how to dance *sobz*

i don't dare to go clubbing cos i don't wanna look like a stiff pillar standing so still in there... or look like a clumsy hippo knocking people down~

i'll be going clubbing on my 21st birthday (96 more days to go only!!!)... so i must learn to dance nicely before that day!

some kind souls please teach me? PLEASE~~~
    Last edited by princess_lea; 03-01-2006, 04:13 PM.

twinrisk, i think its better to dance after some drinks cos they can help you to relax.
    i think theres no step-by-step procedure to dancing. and to dance, just move your body freely and as you like. hee. or you could perhaps observe how the crowd dances that day before hitting the dance floor. HTH!

Comment

Haha I've been wondering about that question too! Not that I'm going to go clubbing... Don't really like the idea of that... but just wondering. I'll be a stiff pillar, too!

Comment

haha i think just practise more at home? haha look at your mirror and dance.. i think dance after some drinks will be fine...haha, at least you'll feel more relaxed

Comment

err...

but dancing is more of jumping or moving from side-to-side?

Comment

twinrisk,

i also dunno how to dance.. when i go clubbing, i just sit there see the pple dance... preharps, once u have observed how the pple dance in the crowd, u can just go to the dance floor and shake ur bum out! try to keep it to small dance movements?
            Last edited by princess_lea; 03-01-2006, 04:12 PM.

Comment

last month was my 18th bdae. than when i step on the dance floor i felt like a complete idiot.
              i dance like mr bean!!

Comment

Hmm..I think watching others dance will help too..it's good to practice at home too...I would suggest you start off moving your body a little with the rymthm and beats...then from obervation and experience, i think u will pick it up...

Comment

sigh... that means i gotta visit 1 or 2 times just to OBSERVE people dancing?
                  Is it normal for people to go clubbing but don't dance?

But go there sit & observe abit waste $$ ***... Singapore got any clubs go inside don't need $$ one? Haha!

Which place should I go where there's more people dancing? Don't wanna end up go inside look at a empty dance floor~ Recommendations please!!!

Comment

I used to be a terrible dancer..... and this cute guy had to tell me in my face that i was a lousy dancer.
                    I was 16 and almost scarred for life.
                    So i put off clubbing totally til recent years.

I got my confidence back after watching many MTV videos... lol!!

I usually club on nights when they play R&B music and yeah, I just try to mimic some of the R&B moves I see on the MTV. Basically, it's usually just grinding and swaying of the body to the beat. (dirty-dancing?)
                    (you can leave the grinding part out tho' if you're not comfortable with it :D )

Comment

Originally posted by berryvine
                      twinrisk, i think its better to dance after some drinks cos they can help you to relax.
                      i think theres no step-by-step procedure to dancing. and to dance, just move your body freely and as you like. hee. or you could perhaps observe how the crowd dances that day before hitting the dance floor. HTH!
                      totally agree! alcohol always 'frees' me from my self conciousness

Comment

but try not to drink too much til you're tipsy.
                        cus you might end up looking like a clown on the dance floor instead

Comment

Originally posted by twinrisk
                          sigh... that means i gotta visit 1 or 2 times just to OBSERVE people dancing?
                          Is it normal for people to go clubbing but don't dance?

But go there sit & observe abit waste $$ ***... Singapore got any clubs go inside don't need $$ one? Haha!

Which place should I go where there's more people dancing? Don't wanna end up go inside look at a empty dance floor~ Recommendations please!!!
                          You may try to go on Ladies Nights which falls usually on Wednesday...

Comment

Aw! That's kinda sweet. Wanna join me clubbing some day to practise? Grin. PM me?

Comment

Originally posted by feine
                              Aw! That's kinda sweet. Wanna join me clubbing some day to practise? Grin. PM me?
                              but i paiseh... scared catch too much negative attention & make u lose face

Comment

Working...
                              X