Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy silica gel sachets?

Hi ladies....

Where can I buy silica gels sachets to put into shoe/cosmetic boxes to absob moisture? Thanks!

Hm maybe you can try those photo developing shops?

Comment

Fancl sells them but really expensive. $7 for 4 small packs, IIRC. Photoshops don't have them, I can't seem to find them. But they do sell a big bottle of them for around $4. So what I do is I buy the bottle and buy those 'net-like' wrapping paper, and put the gel inside and wrap them like small little bags.

Comment

u can try finding them at Dasio..., the $2 store at IMM.

Comment

Not sure how's the size of the packet sold by Dasio. I think its good to check out photo shops because they sell this. And it can be reused. But have to warm it or what......cant remember.

A big bottle is like $4 to $6? then u can always put them in a small plastic bag, poke few holes n keep it in the shoebox. i think its better because when u see the color changed to light blue or white?, then u can put in another pack.

Comment

dasio sells $2 for 4-5 packets of silica gel sachets. one side is transparent, other side is thin felt like material.

i feel that the photo shop selling a bottle of silica gel is more worth..coz' the bottle is bigger. but only trouble is if put them in plastic bags and poke holes, won't the silica gels beads come out??

think if u can find breathable cloth material..to put the silica gel inside then it is wonderful.

Comment

cold storage sells a big packet..
              its actually the refill for the product similar to "thirsty hippoo" but different brand only..

Comment

any expiry date for the satchet??

Comment

don't think there is..expiry date.
                  it is time to discard the silica gel when it turns pink, white or wet like gel

Comment

In fact, when silica gel turns pink you can actually heat it up so that the water content evaporates and it turns blue again.

Comment

That's right, just stir fry it over the stove using low heat.

Comment

Yes, as for small package. We can use small little bags.

Comment

I've heard of ppl using guaze to wrap them. Or you can go to art shop that sells small little netted pouch for potpurri. The last I heard from Cathay Photo @ Penisular, they have them. Good for underwater housing 4 cameras.

Comment

Yes... pouches is a good idea. U can get nice-designed pouches for less than $3, and filled up with the silica gel. At photo shop selling like $3-4 a bottle, more worth it. Silica gel can be used for drying flowers too!

Comment

Working...
                            X