Is ur child flat footed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ur child flat footed??

my son is a flat footed and so headaches to buy shoes for him..coz de fronts is abit too broad.any mommies know where to get shoes to correct his feet? he seems to trip easily so im so vexed abt it..

My elder dd is flat footed plus her feet is "inner 8" so her feet tends to kick one another thus easily trips too.
    My mum asked me to send her to an orthopaedist. The doc recommended customized in soles to help her to correct her feet. It does help, at least she's not easily trips. Birkenstocks helps too

hth

Comment

which orthopaedist? Mind to send ** the address?How much is the consultaton?Do u think 2 years old is abit too late forthat?

Comment

Dr Chan @Gleneagles L1 opposite Guardian. Tel: 64758011.
        Consultation is about $50, the insoles is around $200+ (sorry i'm bad in figures)
        It's not too late. My girl was about that age when she visit the orthopaedist.
        Don't worry it might not be that bad as you think.

Comment

ej, did you say you send your daughter to orthopaedist when she was 2 years old? Was it a walk-in or referred by paed/family doc? Any idea what is the "recommended" age for a child that will need external help from orthopaedist instead of correcting by themselves?

How long did your kid took to "recovered" from the visits?

TIA and sorry for asking so many questions!

Comment

all babies are born flat footed till they are about 2 or 3 years old... please don't send your kid's normal feet for treatment!

read this http://www.myphysicians.com/articles041.html

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLambie
              ej, did you say you send your daughter to orthopaedist when she was 2 years old? Was it a walk-in or referred by paed/family doc? Any idea what is the "recommended" age for a child that will need external help from orthopaedist instead of correcting by themselves?

How long did your kid took to "recovered" from the visits?

TIA and sorry for asking so many questions!
              hi littlelambie

no worries, shall answer all your questions

2 or 3 years old, around there (sorry can't remember). It was a walk in. I was ok with her feet bcos like what wanderlust said, its quite normal for a 2 years old to be flat footed but her feet is "inner 8" (if you know what i mean) so when she walks, her feet tends to knock against one another thus causing her to trip easily. My mum was very worried so she recommend me her orthopaedist.

I'm sorry I don't know the recommended age.

She's 5 now and we went for about 3-4 visits. You have to wear the special in-soles for long hours. But she doesn't like it. So she only wears it when she's in school for about 3 hours. So she still yet fully recovered.

hth

Comment

Thanks ej for your reply. My daughter does not have flat foot. She has the same inner 8 problem too like your girl and trips easily. I am worried if she'll gonna fall down very often when she goes to school next time.

I'll think about whether I'll bring her for further investigations by the doc....

Comment

you're welcome

Comment

I'm sorry I don't really know what's pigeon toed. Anyway when we stand, our feet usually is straight right, by inner 8 it means the feet looks like the chinese character 8.

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 14-11-2008, 11:14 PM. Reason: ......................

Comment

Working...
                      X