Warts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warts

heard that if u have it before, u'll be prone to having it.

i recently got another one n after applying medication for 3 days, my skin harden n it's very painful to walk. why is this so?

anyone experienced this too?

pls help! it's so painful to walk ard....

yes it does happened again even after the warts subsided.
    you might be best asking a doc to burn it off with nitrogen (IIRC)

Comment

i heard that's painful. n even so, it'll reappear again sometime one right?

Comment

i'm having it now on my foot sole..it's so painful when i walk..
        and it spreads..not sure about spreading to other people..but it spreads out
        like havin more and more.

asked the pharmacist why that was so when i was buying the medication,
        he said was due to the over activity of your skin cells.

Comment

Originally posted by ah_zi
          i'm having it now on my foot sole..it's so painful when i walk..
          and it spreads..not sure about spreading to other people..but it spreads out
          like havin more and more.

asked the pharmacist why that was so when i was buying the medication,
          he said was due to the over activity of your skin cells.

y ain't u getting rid of it?

u must get rid of it or it'll spread n maybe even to other ppl. it can spread from person to person!

Comment

Originally posted by pulpy
            i heard that's painful. n even so, it'll reappear again sometime one right?
            It is painful but effective. If you keep your foot clean and dry, it will not reappear.

Comment

the medicine actually works but at a quite slow rate..

do you have any idea which specified clinics do the "getting rid" thingy..
              or is it any GP will do??

Comment

Originally posted by ah_zi
                the medicine actually works but at a quite slow rate..

do you have any idea which specified clinics do the "getting rid" thingy..
                or is it any GP will do??
                It is better to go to National Skin Centre. I went there to treat warts. But it is better to get recommedation letter from polyclinic 1st so you no need wait for a long time for your appointment.

Comment

thkz for your info taredolphin, i will go after my papers are finished..

Comment

I have warts on my feet before, and attempted quite a few remedies before seeking professional treatment from National Skin Centre. So I do have quite some knowledge with warts.

The warts virus is actually easily spread from damp and wet places where people normally walk around barefoot like swimming pools, toilets, etc. Keep your shoes on to avoid the virus getting into any cuts/grazes you may have on your feet, hands etc.

Do not share footwear / gloves with family members when you have warts. Try not to touch other parts of your body, esp your face with a finger that has warts. You do not want it to spread to your face right?

I think the best treatment is to get an appointment for NSC for liquid nitrogen treatment, from your GP/polyclinic etc, as mentioned by another from above. Consultation is necessary to determine the size and number of treatments required. I think it's around 70-80 dollars.

Liquid Nitrogen treatment is not too expensive, abt $15 per treatment from NSC. The nurse will scrap away the hard skin on the warts first before the treatment to expose the wart. It is seen as black/brown dots on the skin surface. These are usually the small blood vessals "feeding" tthe wart virus.

The pain is bearable and lasts for a few secs when the liquid nitrogen is applied over the wart, using a cotton bud or a pressurised can spray. Normally, 5 treatments is recommend for small warts and up to 10 for larger/stubborn warts. There is a period of 1-2 weeks between each treatment. It's a long process, esp if your wart is deep/big and has been around for a long time.

Try not the use those over-counter medication or wart/corn plasters. They seldom work and cause more pain then the liquid nitrogen treatment! My wart area swelled and hurted like crazy when I used some ointment prescribed by a GP before I went to NSC for treatment.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I got 2 large ones on my sole many years ago when my pair of new shoe caused me some cuts (open wounds) .

Tried Verrumal ( most doctors will prescribe this first - looks like a bottle of nail polish ...apply this to affected area and the wart will (hopefully) dry up and drop off) but did not work for me.. ended up going for laser removal because the pain got so bad that i am practically limping to avoid contact with the warts on the sole. Painful but short procedure which got rid of them finally!

And yes.. they returned a few years later. Got another open wound on the same sole ( due to a bursted blister) but this time the size is alot smaller. GP prescibe Verrumal again and this time it works! The wart dries up within a few usages and i clipped off the entire wart with a nail clipper.

My Gp told me that they do return. Because once it affect you, the virus stay in the body even after the warts get removed. So, when you get open wounds, it is advisable to take extra care.

Comment

the treatment is so exp!! I had only one small one on my right sole. It's diameter is like only 2 mm..pay so exp like a bit bo hua...is there a cheaper treatment?

Comment

I had a tiny one my finger for 2 years and some on my feet for a while, and I did not know they were warts.
                          Until a friend told me she went to NSC and I told her I have similar stuff!

I'm the kind who prefers to self-medicate.
                          I know it's not very advisable but I'm not the worrying person and I do not want to spend that much money on professional medication.
                          I tried this lotion call DUOFILM and it indeed removes all my warts in weeks.
                          Erm I actually got it on ebay, but my sis recently saw it selling in Guardian Pharmacy now.
                          For people like me who prefers the cheaper (but maybe not the most ideal) way out -
                          u can try it, cost around S$15 (i forgot the actual price)

Comment

Dear girls...i need some advice here...please help!

I had corns on my two feet but they subsequently turned into warts (i suspect it is due to the application of salicylic acid with the same applicator)...I have done 3 nitrogen freezing so far, each time discovering more warts. Now i have 3 on my right foot and one one my left. Yesterday, they found out that 2 of the warts got infected and there was pus inside...almost died when the nursed squeezed the pus out....the doc was called in and he recommended that i go for laser to remove them as he thinks my warts are resistant and "deep".

I have read that laser surgery is quite an aggressive treatment and scarring is more likely ( i am keloid prone) and also, the healing process takes long and may cause much inconvenience in walking. Pain is also expected after the surgery.Also, I have read that warts may also return after laser cos you are only taking the wart away, not the virus. Moreover, it is expensive....

After speaking to some people who had warts before, it seems like a continued application of salicylic acid will help, all it needs is patience and determination...though it takes very long.Walking is not much of a problem for me now, though the warts are still there....

Should i go for laser?

Comment

i think you should. if left unattended, the warts might get bigger, deeper and even spread to other areas.

not sure you heard about "tree man",
                              but here's the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DStwXsmZ3OE

he apparantly got so many warts until his hands and legs looks like roots and branches of a tree... he got in surgery and remove most of the warts including the skin..

Comment

Working...
                              X