Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old magazines- what do you do with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old magazines- what do you do with them?

Hi girls!

What do you usually do to magazines after you have read them? Do you throw them away or keep them at home like me? I love to keep them but definitely need more space!

Have a nice day
    Last edited by rupz; 13-08-2008, 09:27 PM.

Comment

i used to tear out those pages which i want to keep then dump the rest but now, i bring my mag to the office and let the rest of the girls in the office read .. but i do make sure they aint the outdated ones. eg, i bring my copy of HerWorld 1 to 2 weeks after it arrives in my mailbox ..

Comment

I used to keep my old magazines for more than 5 years, until my mum's constant nagging led me to trash them eventually.

Now, for my magazines, I try to recycle them by tearing out the pretty pages to use as wrapping papers or swap them for other magazines with my friends and colleagues. If not, I will sell them to the rag and bone man.

Comment

used to keep my magazine for a year. but nowadays, i'll throw them into the recycle bag.

Comment

I kept my magazines too... but its really piling up!!! Will start to throw some soon... One of my friend actually use it for putting fish bones... she teared the pages out... fold it into a mini box and put it on her dining table during every meal.. i thought thats quite neat! Won't dirty the table nor wash additional dish.

Comment

I used to keep them, till every yr spring cleaning week. My mom would nag and nag.

It either goes to the garung guni man or to the bin.
              I would usually keep some as wrapping paper.
              My aunt uses hers as mini boxes to keep sweets though. I'm too lazy to spend time folding that. :D

Comment

ahh.. i have piles and piles of 8 days magazines lying around in my house. gotta get rid of them cuz my mother has been nagging non-stop

anyone want any particular issue?

Comment

i will keep them till maybe 2 years after..i just threw away in recycling bags some magazines dated back in 2003. trying to clear my table..

Comment

I usually will throw them out every year...
                    but first, I'd look through them again & then tear out the relevant ones that I want first.
                    After that, either throw them away, or recycle them...the "karang guni" man may not want them.

Comment

i have way too many mags piled up too! all sorts! sometimes the nice and pretty pictures make it feel such a waste to throw away.

How much can you get from selling them?? really wanna know thanks!

Comment

I will keep up to the last 3 issues of the magazines and as for the older ones, recycle them in the green recycling bag that is given to each HDB household.

Comment

For me, because i subscribed CLEO with my own money, throwing away seemed to be a waste (heartache of course!) and keeping them is very impossible within my small room. What i usually do: cut and waste whatever items i fancy into my "Wishlist NoteBook" (rem to place the book on the desk for your SO/ friends to see! Hint..hint..) and always, tear out those pages that has information on health, execise, recipes tips and etc.

Comment

i usually trash them after a few months but i cannot bear to trash my Cosmos and Instyles!

Comment

I used to keep the whole magazines..

But when i feel that it's taking up way too much space, i'll tear out the pages that are of my interest and keep them..

But after sometime i find that that takes up space too! So out it goes too..

Nowadays i hardly buy local magazine so there arent alot of magazines lying around except for those japanese magazine that i find it more worth keeping than the local ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X