X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alvintansh
    replied
    Purchase online?

While you could buy it from Chinatown or Redhill, you can also check out this website I've chanced upon recently for delivery in Singapore. Sheng Yu's (Snakeheads) for Sale

I think their prices are quite decent after a fair bit of comparison

Leave a comment:

• soroki
    replied
    oh..so it doesn't matter if the stiches are removed or not?

Leave a comment:

• iflin
    replied
    Originally posted by soroki
    ladies,
    may i know if the soup has to be drank before he remove his stiches??
    What I heard is the soup should be drank two weeks after the operation..not immediately.

Leave a comment:

• soroki
    replied
    ladies,
    may i know if the soup has to be drank before he remove his stiches??

Leave a comment:

• soroki
    replied
    thanks so much for all your info.. i think i will either visit the china town market or try the one at lorong ah su.. cos i ask the fishmonger at a hougang market and they say it is avaliable there.. then i asked if they can order for me..they say no

Leave a comment:

• iflin
    replied
    ermm may i know market is it in chinatown?

iflin: read your thread under health.. hope your mum is getting better.. you seem to know alot on soups
    do have you bought yr sheng yu for yr mum?
    soroki, my mum is getting better. Thanks. She is able to do some simple tasks like preparing the raw materials for cooking.. Concerning your comment that I seem to know alot on soups..err actually not really, I'm learning and trying my best to do it cos there is no one else who knows or willing to do it for my mum..sigh.

Yes, I bought shengyu for my mum twice. She also took fish essence. Her wound heals quite well. Btw, you can get the shengyu from Redhill market. It's quite easy to get there. Just take to Redhill MRT, when you come out of the station, turn left and cross the traffic lights and walk straight, you will find two sections of the market. One for raw food and another for cooked food. There is only one stall that sells live shengyu. Just ask the fishmongers. They will know which stall. Wish your so recovers quickly! God bless.

Leave a comment:

• alba
    replied

kkz thanks so much.. guess i can onli go next thu cos i be on school holidays!!!
    by the way i have to purchase the whole fish right? they choose it for me then cut it up? what is the cost for one fish like?

You can buy by weight of 100gm or so....

Leave a comment:

• soroki
    replied

kkz thanks so much.. guess i can onli go next thu cos i be on school holidays!!!
    by the way i have to purchase the whole fish right? they choose it for me then cut it up? what is the cost for one fish like?

Leave a comment:

• alba
    replied
    thanks alba.. do you know mrt which exit to go to the market?
    Don't know, I always take the bus.
    You can check with the station control personnel.

Leave a comment:

• soroki
    replied
    thanks alba.. do you know mrt which exit to go to the market?

Leave a comment:

• alba
    replied
    ok thanks ladies.. but i still need to know where the market at china town is
    the market is inside the chinatown complex basement.

Chinatown complex is the only modern 3 storey complex nestled amidst the rows of old restored shophouse.

basement - wet market
    ground floor - sells garments
    2 level - hawker centre
    Last edited by alba; 18-01-2006, 09:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• soroki
    replied
    ok thanks ladies.. but i still need to know where the market at china town is

Leave a comment:

• alba
    replied
    but after pan frying, how do i boil the soup? just add ginger and spring onion? then drink the soup + eat the fish?
    After pan frying, just dump the everything "fish+ginger+spring onion stalks" into a pot of "BOILING" water.

MUST be BOILING water, not cold water.

Which means you will have to boil the water first, while almost boiling, pan fry the ginger+spring onion until fragrant, then add the fish slices. Stir for about 10~15 seconds. Then dump everything into the now boiling water.

Simmer at low heat for 2~3 hours. By then, the fish would have disintergrate into the soup and there's no meat for makan.

Make sure you have enough water to last 2~3 hours of simmering.
    Suggest you use a slow cooker to alleviate the boredom of monitoring the "cooking flame".

Leave a comment:

• soroki
    replied
    ermm may i know market is it in chinatown?

iflin: read your thread under health.. hope your mum is getting better.. you seem to know alot on soups
    do have you bought yr sheng yu for yr mum?
    Last edited by soroki; 17-01-2006, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• saresha
    replied
    Not at any market I think. I think so far on this thread has been mentioned: Chinatown, Redhill, and Tekka (Little India). Just boil the fish with water, ginger (and other herbs if you want). Before serving you can add spring onions and coriander leaves. I suppose you can eat the fish, but if you cook the soup for long enough, the fish won't taste of much and might not be worth eating. The essence is in the soup, so the longer you cook it the better. Don't use too much water.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X