Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

charity work at Redhill areas, anyone knows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charity work at Redhill areas, anyone knows?

Hello everyone
    I used to do some charity work near the Redhill area quite a few years back but have lost the contacts as i used to go with my ex-boyfriend. As there are alot students in this forum, I hope I can get some help here.
    The event usually takes place on Sat or Sun morning. Students and adults will help to distribute the veggies, rice...and put them into a plastic bag and sent to the elderly. Students usually distribute to the nearby blocks while those who own cars will go to the further blocks.
    I feel alot for all these old grandmas and I really wish to help them again. If anyone knows anything about this, please share the information ok?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by superBum; 21-01-2006, 05:12 PM.

I'm trying to re-establish the contact. I believe that these oid grannies are those days 'sam sui' woman. They live in a one room flat in Redhill and usually stay alone. Or anyone has contact to do charitable work for old people(like in old folk's home)? There's an old aged home in Marymount Road that is out for me as there're very well taken care by the Lions Association. Anyone doing charitable work now?

Comment

hey, do check out nvpc's website. maybe you can re-establish the contacts throught the main charity portal.

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm going to check out the nvpc website now.

Comment

i used to do this, distributing can of food etc for these old folks when i was in jc and i joined the st vincent de paul.

i wouldn't have the contacts tho. maybe u can approach the homes for help n let them know u wanna volunteer.

Comment

my sch's church goes to queensway i think once a month to distribute food

the church is st john chapel

Comment

Thanks girls. I have sent a e-mail to them and they have given me the contacts. As now is the new year season, I have been very busy but will surely get back to them very soon. BTW, what is st vicent de paul, is that a church?

Comment

Hi, I'll like to volunteer too. Can someone PM me the contact details or when/where to turn up? Thank you

Comment

maven, go to www.nvpc.org.sg for more opportunites. click on eMatch to get individual opportunities!

HTH

Comment

i've just signed up for the nypc volunteer. =))

Comment

you can try Beyond Social Services which is somewhere behind the flats at Tiong Bahru Plaza. It's not exactly Redhill area, but i hope this helps.

Comment

i think the church which i use to go too to help distribute the foodstuff is novena church. u can check it out there too. hths!

Comment

hello girls! im so happy to have found the organisation that does food distribution work!

http://www.nvpc.org.sg/npo/ematch/EM...=487&fr=volres

check it out! im gonna sign up! anyone else interested?

Comment

I want..I want, pinkedgloss! I have contacted some of the charity organisations about food distribution through e-mails and what I got from their replies were not really what I wanted. Do they require someone who owns a car cos i don't drive but my SO does? And I don't really want to depend on my SO for this as I want to do this on a long term basis with or without him( hehe, that's so mean of me). He has promised me that he will accompany me for the first trip. Is that okay if he comes along? Say after that, just left me and you, how're we going to deliver the food without any transport?
                            The only problem now is I'm going to Beijing on this 15th. Will be back on the 21st. Will be too tired to go on 22rd(Sat) but we can start on the 29th though.

Thanks alot for the information. You're such a angel...

Comment

superbum, no problem! i always wanted to volunteer as a befriender too. umm i think we don do food collection, i think the organisation would have collected the food, and we just go there and distribute. sure just bring your SO along. anybody else interested?

Comment

Working...
                              X