Condominium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condominium

Anyone bought any condos? Has been a great increase of condominiums, especially in the East area. Anyone been to the SEAVIEW & The ESTA condos? Located at Amber Road, opposite Katong Shopping centre. I've just booked a unit there, but till now still unsure whether I've made the right choice.

How much is a 2-bedroom unit approx?

Comment

I want to know bout the financing options.
      say a young couple is earning about 8k together, w ould it be advisable to get a condo worth about 450K

Comment

$450k should be affordable. You'll need $22.5k cash at least. If you're going to take a 80% loan for 35 years, you'll need another $67.5k (CPF or cash) within 6 months.

CPF should cover the repayments easily as it should be less than $2k per month, which is less that your combined CPF contributions.

Try the OCBC loan calculator at the bottom of the page: http://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking...eHomeLoan.shtm

CPF site: http://www.cpf.gov.sg/MyCPF/goto.asp...uyingHouse.asp

Comment

Hey aries.

me and my hubby to be has been house hunting as well...
          went to check out the Esta too and the sales was pretty scary huh.. so fast and its was almost all out.
          in the end we did not purchase the Esta.

I guess it all depends on your goal of purchase. is it for accomodation or is it for investment.
          if it is investment wise then it may not be wise to purchase Esta. because next time if you want to sell the apartment, you may have to compete with Seaview (300 over units) and esta (400 over units).

as you know that the purchase price for the Esta is actually quite high as well.
          me and my hubby bought Viz Holland at queensway. because our priority was for investment, though slightly more expensive than esta in terms of psf, the area it is in - is district 10 and there are only 100 over units. more exclusive and for property value too. loads of expats there as well especially if you want to rent out next time.

but if u bought the esta for accomodation, i say, go for it. seems like the view is pretty nice and there are so many things to eat there!!! i guess travel wise should be comfortable too! but u should get a higher unit!

Originally posted by ArieS
          Anyone bought any condos? Has been a great increase of condominiums, especially in the East area. Anyone been to the SEAVIEW & The ESTA condos? Located at Amber Road, opposite Katong Shopping centre. I've just booked a unit there, but till now still unsure whether I've made the right choice.
          Last edited by kido; 25-01-2006, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alya
            I want to know bout the financing options.
            say a young couple is earning about 8k together, w ould it be advisable to get a condo worth about 450K
            After financing, you should also think about long term wise.
            Saving for kids, etc.
            my sister in law and her husband got a condo at white sands and they just have a kid.
            realise its actually a waste to spend so much money on the condo.
            where they can get a HDB and still use the money for good renovation.

Comment

Chewie: Mine was a 3 bedroom plus study, 1400sqft, cost slightly over 1million. Its $727 per sqft, so 2 bedroom maybe be around &700k, depends on the units , the blocks and which floor.

Originally posted by kido
              Hey aries.

me and my hubby to be has been house hunting as well...
              went to check out the Esta too and the sales was pretty scary huh.. so fast and its was oalomost out.
              in the end we did not purchase the Esta.
              I guess it all depends on your goal of purchase. is it for accomodation or is it for investment.
              if it is investment wise then it may not be wise to purchase Esta. because next time if you want to sell the apartment, you may have to compete with Seaview (300 over units) and esta (400 over units). as you know that the pourchase for the Esta is actually quite high as well.
              me and my hubby bought Viz Holland at queensway. because our priority was for investment, though slightly more expensive than esta in terms of psf, the area it is in - is district 10 and there are only 100 over units. more exclusive and for property value too.

but if u bought the esta for accomodation, i say, go for it. seems like the view is pretty nice and there are so many things to eat there!!! i guess travel wise should be comfortable too! but u should get a higher unit!
              Mine was a high floor, 18th storey, but only gets pocket views because of some blockage.Now you scares me, because our intention plan is also for investment, as we're not going to get married early. The agent insist that we'll earn profits because the current price now is lower than all the other condos in this area, eg. seaview ,so it'll most likely rise after TOP. Then that'll be the best time to let go. We should have done research before commiting. But hope what the agent says is rite

Comment

hey do not worry,
                at least it is high floor and its a bigger apartment.
                when it comes to competition, you will have a higher chance! but i still think that if you can pay over 1 million for the apartment, you can find other even better places.

it is true when you are committing to investing in estates, you have to do ample amount of research. because you are spending alot.

i love the fixtures at Esta... and so many freebies! =)

Comment

Yes that's rite! After commiting to esta, I've found out that there are other condos which cost lesser than 1 million, although they may not have full facilities, not freehold or not at district 15. But i think this price can get a bigger unit, or even a penthouse too!
                  My parents are the one who helps in this investment. So most likely if there's a chance to let go, we would, or rent it out. I cant handle this burden alone as well. Too heavy for me.
                  By the way, there's another condo coming up along meyer road, and it seems to be very prestigous.
                  Last edited by duckiee; 25-01-2006, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Which one is it along Meyer Rd, Aries? Is it open for viewing already?

Comment

just wondering... does the value of the condos depreciate as it the condo grow older?

Comment

I think so, unless it's located within the prime area.

Comment

My parents are waiting to get the keys in two weeks time. Monthly maintenance will have to be borne by me as they are paying back the bank loan. But we have swimming, badminton and bbq facilities. I can invite my friends over.

Comment

I wish I have badminton and squash courts at mine. I don't know why, but most condo developers think the whole world plays tennis first then comes basketball, badminton, squash.

Comment

Originally posted by babybabe
                              just wondering... does the value of the condos depreciate as it the condo grow older?
                              Well i thk it depends on the type of condominium you buy.
                              they sell the condo based on the land leasing period.
                              99 years, 999 years or freehold.
                              You will feel safer with freehold because most likely when the condominium gets old, another developer or the same developer will buy the place from you and redevelop the place.

In the prime districts like district 9, 10 , 11 most of the time the condominiums are 99 years but they still worth alot.

Comment

Working...
                              X