Anyone been to Barcelona?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to Barcelona?

hi, i'm going for a business trip next month for a week. Anyone been there before and can recomend any must go place or places to shop?

TIA

there are some comments about barcelona in Spain thread.
    Just use 'Search' tool to find your answers

Comment

thanks Brumeux!

Comment

eling,

just by any chance, are you going for the 3GSM exhibition?

Comment

oh yes! are you going too???

Comment

Hi! Barcelona is pretty good for shopping. If you stop at the Catalunya or Liceu metropolitan stations, you will be near the main shopping streets - La Ramblas district. Get off and just walk! There are something like 4 huge Zaras within a 10min walking distance from these stations. Mango, unfortunately is not much cheaper there.
            Check out the little lanes of shops inside the La Ramblas area (where you get off the Metro) or if you prefer dept store shopping, there is a huge 4storey one called L'anglais (I think that's the spelling) also nearthe Catalunya station.

A must-have recommendation for food! Skip all the touristy restaurants along main street La Ramblas cos' even their tourist sets are expensive and not very good.
            We ate alot at this place inside La Ramblas called La Fonda Restaurant! Intimate setting, candlelit, authentic Spanish food (very good paella!) and best of all, dinner for 4 with 3 different types of wine (yummy sangria also!) & dessert was below 60euros! The address is 10 Escudellars Principal (stop at Liceu station, walk till the 2nd street after the KFC, turn left and you should be nearby! getting lost in those little streets is part of the Barcelona La Ramblas experience! ) Be prepared to queue to get in though but it's worth it for it's price, food selection and attentive service.
            Hths! I enjoyed Barcelona quite a bit!

Comment

Thanks geekchic. The info certainly helps :D

Comment

Working...
              X