Picnics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picnics

Anybody has good recipes or ideas for a awesome picnic basket?
    or where to buy nice baskets?

Hmm.. what kind of picnic? Who's the company?

Comment

pinic on the beach, park .. with friends, lovers , family hee

Comment

finger food is still the best with the minimal fuss especially if you have children around. but if it's just a couple of people, depends what style you'll like? western -> recommend pies, sandwiches, sausages, fruit salad and nice bubbly

chinese -> chicken curry with bread for dipping won't go too wrong .. throw in some fried beehoon / rice, chicken wings and tidbits you are just about done.

picnic baskets, if you have the cash to splurge they really do have those baskets with proper plates and cutleries packed in the compartments. for me, i just use my rattan tote bag to pack everything in containers. easier this way.

Comment

finger food like sandwiches, chicken drumlets, even pack of chips/snakcs etc. nachos with dips?

i think kestrel has said it all.

Comment

hi!

what's most impt to bring to a picnic is... a floor mat or newspapers = ) napkins & plain water are must-haves too.

the SO made sandwiches on our 1st picnic. i brought fruits and bottled juice.

have fun!

Comment

if its just SO and me..
              we will go to the supermarket and grab some stuff like chips, sushi, bread & drinks or any other finger food we can lay our hands on..
              nothing fanciful..

but if its a whole army of people (read: family members)
              then it will be a "grand affair" with proper meals like fried beehoon, chicken wings/nuggets, sandwiches, etc etc etc....

Comment

Picnic Ideas

I'm thinking of preparing a picnic for a romantic evening with my SO. Any tips and ideas on what food to prepare?

Where is a good location to go for the picnic? I was thinking of Jurong West coast park?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

but there are certain foods, (not packed in insulators) to avoid briniging, cos they turn sour or they are bacteria prone, like normal ham, cheese, paterized milk, some sushi, certain sliced fruits.. etc,

Comment

the botanica gardens is good too and sentosa or east coast!

Comment

or st john's island...if u don't mind travelling further

Comment

For picnic,probably food like spaghetti ,pizza,chicken wings,calamari rings would be good..

For dessert...you can prepare jelly or fruit cocktail.

Comment

Originally posted by clpersonal
                          I'm thinking of preparing a picnic for a romantic evening with my SO. Any tips and ideas on what food to prepare?

Where is a good location to go for the picnic? I was thinking of Jurong West coast park?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
                          botanic garden
                          actually the park near marina bay is also good..very quiet.. directly opp ritz carlton across the river.. not the crowded area where people fly kite.. its nearer to raffles place...just beside the highway..
                          hope you know which one i am saying..
                          i think east coast and west coast would be too crowded for the two of you to have a romantic evening...

Comment

reviving this thread. any recommendations for good places to have a nice picnic?

Comment

Can't think of any venue at the moment. But i do know of a few thps that can make pinic food more yummy.

For sandwiches, use fillings that are not too "wet" so that the bread remains soft and fluffy after packing and travelling. If not the sandwich will be soggy by the time you reach your destination. if you really like some fillings that may be slightly wet, spead a layer of butter on the bread to "waterproof" the bread. Adding a slice of lettuce before putting the fillings on the bread also does the trick.

For deep fried food, pack the food only after it has cooled so that the steam does not turn the food soggy.

For picnics, choose food that remains tasty even after they turn cold. Some food only taste good when they are hot, so avoid bring those as you may not the facilities to heat up the food.

Comment

Working...
                              X