Free weights/ bars, at the gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free weights/ bars, at the gym

Ive been doing free bars for over a year now, tho I burn a lot of calories and tone up, I find that I cant increase my load.
    anybody here with advice? i try to eat lots of protein, but they say protein overload will turn into fat.

Eh what do you mean you cannot increase your load? If you have been building up muscle mass, you should be able to lift heavier weights.

As for protein turning into fats, it is not scientifically proven. Everything in moderation is the key.

Comment

ive been using the same weights for one year now, was wondering if any supplements could help
      quite clueless

Comment

What you can do is to increase the no. of times. For e.g. you are carrying 50lbs 8x3 sets. You can increase it to 12x3 sets. I know nuts about supplements. Maybe you can ask the trainer in the gym.

Comment

will overloading cos bulky muscles?
          i realised the only weights I cant increase is for my chest,back, triceps, and biceps,
          i tried increasing by 1 kg but it seems too much so I had to reduce it back..

Comment

IF you want to tone your muscles, you use a moderate weight but do high reps. If you want to bulk up, you load up wayy more but less reps. Biceps and triceps are smaller muscle groups. load up appropriately.

Comment

hey. butting in here. does anyone know where i can buy free weights or dumbells.
              Last edited by thehenofdoom; 23-02-2006, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Sporting chains such as Royal Sporting House should have them.

Comment

Hi! Was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase resistance bands for home exercise here in Singapore?

Comment

Heya calico,

Resistance bands can be found in most major sports shops. Queensway will have.

Diamante: how many reps can you do for the weights you are currently using? I'll usually up my load when i can do 3 sets of thirty rep. if u are consistent with the high rep.. .. you should be able to go up by 2-3 pounds after a few months or so. However, when i increase my load, i'll drop my reps to 15 for 3 sets and try to up the reps to 30 for consistently a month.. then i'll be able to increase my load again.

supplements containing similiar ingredients like hydroxycut help with my load. It increases my strength and allows me to work harder at the gym... mostly i feel it helps overcome the mental tolerance barrier.

Comment

Working...
                    X