No announcement yet.

Anyone used Desitin Nappy Cream before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used Desitin Nappy Cream before?

Hi

Any mummies used Desitin Nappy Cream for your babies before? Is it good?

Oh yes it is very good compared with other brands. I find that the one contains aloe vera is better. It is also strongly recommended by PD.

Comment

Hi there,

If i'm not wrong, there are 2 types of Desitin in the market.

Usually, when my baby has diaper rash, i'll buy the more expensive type, costs around $11+ or so, should be the one containing aloe vera.

Imo, i think it's fab for diaper rash but for everyday use, it's too rich.

My

Comment

Came across a bulk order purchase initiated by a mummy to buy the cream at $14.50 for a 4 oz tube. Was told that pharmacies selling a 2 oz tube for $11-12. So, I'm thinking whether to join in the bulk order or not. Before that, I would like to ask for feedback on this cream first.

Is yours a 2 oz tube?

Comment

Erm, not too sure. Threw mine away quite sometime ago since both my kids do not need anymore

Comment

Originally posted by yena0804
            Hi

Any mummies used Desitin Nappy Cream for your babies before? Is it good?
            Yup Desitin Creamy (with aloe and vitamin e) is VERY good ... I use it everyday and my daughter doesn't have any diaper rash .. the other Desitin (the box is white) .. is stronger so I don't use that.
            Last edited by kristalangel; 02-02-2006, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yena0804
              Came across a bulk order purchase initiated by a mummy to buy the cream at $14.50 for a 4 oz tube. Was told that pharmacies selling a 2 oz tube for $11-12. So, I'm thinking whether to join in the bulk order or not. Before that, I would like to ask for feedback on this cream first.

Is yours a 2 oz tube?
              hihi

i've joined the bulk purchase too!Is's a good buy,i'm using the 2oz bottle that cost $12+ which i bought from guardian.So this time round,i'm buying the 4oz bottle.no need to buy a lot of bottles though,coz the 2oz bottle lasted for 8months with dd applying a little twice a day after her bath.Good time to try since it's cheaper now

Comment

Did a search and this is what i got:

2 types of Desitin cream

Think they have changed their packaging coz i cant recognise the one i've used before

For more info, visit www.desitin.com

Comment

i've used a few nappy creams but my loyalty is to desitin creamy, swear by it ! just a tad gets rid of the redness. but i use it so moderately, i'm still into the 1st tube originally bought for lauren, for kirsten now.

Comment

yeah they changed the packaging ... the "creamy" one is better .. more gentle since it has aloe and vitamin e.

Comment

we exhausted 6 destin nappy rash cream (with aloe and vitamin e) .. this is really really wonderful .. absolutely no rashes .. recommended to friends who love them equally much .. i tried "downgrading" to J&J but ultimately returns .. nothing beats a clean nice backside

Comment

yup .. i definitely recommend Desitin creamy ... no rashes at all !!! I first used it when I was living in the States and when I came back I thought it would be too heavy too for our hot humid climate but it really is fine ... and more importantly my baby is rash-free all the time !

Comment

Am using desitin cream for my baby as well!! Have to agree, its really good..mine's original formula..any idea whre i can get the one with aloe vera?? pharmacies, or only from doctors?? TIA

Comment

I second Desitin!! Very very ! It used to be so hard to find, especially the creamy one (blue box with aloe and vit e). Think now you can get it very easily in pharmacies. I saw it at Guardian in Jelita.

The difference in the original and creamy versions is the content of zinc oxide. Desitin creamy contains a lower percentage of zinc oxide, hence it is much easier to wipe/clean off. Plus it smells pleasant, too! The original one (white box) has a high percentage of zinc oxide, so it's much thicker and very difficult to wipe off. The smell is also terrible (like cod liver oil). I used both versions, and both works equally well. My girl had bad nappy rashes and hubby bought a couple of nappy rash creams from the hospital upon recommendations, but none work. Thankfully, I came across Desitin by sheer chance and have not looked back since.

For new mommies, I would suggest going for the creamy version first if you don't need that high level of "protection".... I think I will start with this for my second baby, too. I used more of the original version for my girl than the creamy one for the simple reason that the original formula was more easily accessible to me then!

Comment

I second what Katia says..

Was introduced to Destini (blue one) by my SIL. Really thankful for the introduction..

Comment

Working...
                              X