Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazare and other diamonds talk

Alya ... lets continue here

Lazare diamonds are internationally regconized, even if you go overseas like US or Europe, I believe when you mentioned you wear a Lazare diamond, you will most probably get acknowledgements that your stone is of a certain good quality However, I think as for other fancy cuts like Brialliant Rose, think it is only carried by local jeweller Soo Kee and I doubt it is as widely regconized as a Lazare, to me, it sounds more like a hype than anything else. Sooner or later some other local jeweller will try to outdo their competitor and come out with some other fancy cuts ( like maybe more facets? )

I must say Lazare is a safe choice, I've seen many caucasian tourists buying diamonds from Larry before, so I supposed Lazare is a worldwide brand The dimension of the diamond is the most ideal in the world and hence most brilliant. I was told that it's the dimension of a stone that determines the maximum amount of sparkle not the number of facets, which is just a new hype

Tell you a tip, when I was at Larry's, the SA did an experiment for me, he switched off the overhead light and under the dim environment, he put a Lazare and a non-Lazare side by side and hb and I straight away can tell which is a real Lazare as it's sparkles are so distinctively more intense than the other one! And when we went to Soo Kee and the SA there also tried to pull out the same trick, this time with a brilliant rose and some in-house diamond ... sad to say, we scrutinised for soooo long and still weren't very sure which is which and the SA looked a bit offended .... ha ha ha
    Last edited by chooz; 26-03-2006, 03:54 PM.

diamonds ....... yeea!
    Last edited by Daena; 21-02-2007, 03:36 PM.

Comment

i am not very familiar with diamonds myself.
      i think as long as SO buys me a nice ring and within hudget, i will be happy
      considering we just started working perhaps a lazare can wait.

what about Tiffany? apparently many are fascinated with the 6 prong princess cut?
      Is it comparable to Lazare?

i used to tease him that maybe he can buy me a huge rock come our 5th wedding anniversary.
      I do know that Larry's well known. i previously received 1 carat from my ex bf...i guess.....most importantly, no matter the ring is big or small, is whether he is the guy u love and loves u.
      i believe ur DH loves u to buy a ring he deems exquisite for u

Comment

Originally posted by Alya
        i am not very familiar with diamonds myself.
        i think as long as SO buys me a nice ring and within hudget, i will be happy
        considering we just started working perhaps a lazare can wait.

what about Tiffany? apparently many are fascinated with the 6 prong princess cut?
        Is it comparable to Lazare?

i used to tease him that maybe he can buy me a huge rock come our 5th wedding anniversary.
        I do know that Larry's well known. i previously received 1 carat from my ex bf...i guess.....most importantly, no matter the ring is big or small, is whether he is the guy u love and loves u.
        i believe ur DH loves u to buy a ring he deems exquisite for u
        Hi Alya,

I'm also not too familiar with diamonds ... hee hee :p

Ya, I agree that it's the thought that counts, as long as your SO is sincere in his purchase (and within budget), that's all it matters right? What's the point of stretching the budget and put extra strain on both of yourself right? Remember, both of you worked hard to save up for your wedding right? The wedding day is just the beginning of a long long journey ahead ...

Well, you can always start small (carat) with Lazare and upgrade later. That's what my hb plans to do, otherwise we won't have anything to look forward to right?

As for the Tiffany diamonds, I would think it is out of reach for ppl like me and hb, who are only making a humble living ... I wouldn't want to go there where I can only afford the smallest diamond but still spend a fortune just to have a "feel good" factor that I own a Tiffany diamond ring However, if you have the means for it, by all means go for it girl! which girl could resist that blue robin box right The diamonds apparently (I was told) are cut by Lazare too as Tiffany doesn't have their own diamond cutting house. So, the quality of the cut of the diamond itself should be the same, the only difference you're paying for is the price of the Tiffany brand. I've got my ring set in the 'Tiffany 6 prongs setting' by Larry as well ... hee hee We only got our wedding bands from Tiffany as we can still afford a few thousands for that and the design we bought could not be replicate and copied by other jewellers easily as it requires a special machine that only Tiffany has We've seen a few jellellers tried to come out with the replica but failed miserably as their workmanships are so poor for that particular design. So, worth 'investing' on it we thought ... hee hee

I do agree you should plan your money wisely since both of you just started work not too long ago. I read from somewhere that your 'wedding fund' is about S$50k, this will have to include your Vera Wang WG (USD6k at least, right ?) + S$15k to 20k for engagement ring, that alone already amount to 25k - 30k !! You're only left with another S$20k to S$25k and that money has to go to housing + reno (big chunk here), photography, wedding banquet, wedding bands, your EG, his suits etc etc etc and the list goes on . I hope I don't sound like a spoilt sport but wedding is really a costly affair and we really have to plan the budget very wisely. Alya, I hope you don't mind me chipping my 2 cents worth but I really mean well

I was just jokingly pretending to rant about my hb not spending a fortune for my diamond ring. But in actual fact, I was glad that he spent according to his capability. otherwise, I would be left with a much more expensive ring but living the next few months financially tight, I wouldn't be happy either. My hb is a very prudent man when it comes to spending, that was one of the reasons I married him, hee hee He believes that if a person needs to stretch his budget or work to save up for a certain brand/luxury, that just means that he can't afford it (don't get me wrong, not talking about you or anyone in particular). I'm sure if it wasn't for his windfall from investment, he would have bought me a smaller ring! ha ha ha

But then again, it's your wedding, your day and once in a lifetime experience, your choice ... No one has the right to take away your wish to have a dream wedding
        Last edited by chooz; 26-03-2006, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Sorry to pop in but I went to Lee Hwa and the SA put Destinee next to in house diamond side by side for me to compare.
          Immediately I could see the difference.
          Very obvious in fact.
          Destinee 0.5 carat D, VVS1 costs like ard 9k iirc.
          The in house one would be ard 5k for 0.7 carat (after a huge discount).
          These are the ones she put side by side.

Honestly I don't mind taking the 0.7 one.
          hehe

My

Comment

Originally posted by pinkdewy
            Sorry to pop in but I went to Lee Hwa and the SA put Destinee next to in house diamond side by side for me to compare.
            Immediately I could see the difference.
            Very obvious in fact.
            Destinee 0.5 carat D, VVS1 costs like ard 9k iirc.
            The in house one would be ard 5k for 0.7 carat (after a huge discount).
            These are the ones she put side by side.

Honestly I don't mind taking the 0.7 one.
            hehe

My
            pinkdewy,

If it's a Destinee against a normal in-house diamond, I suggest you go for the bigger, cheaper in-house one ... hee hee Destinee is only unique and regconized by Lee Hwa, unlike Lazare which is recognized for it's quality cut world wide which I think worth slurging on

I've checked out the Destinee before and I personally think that our local jeweller Lee Hwa is charging too much for it, definitely not worth my fortune.

Just my 2 cents too

Comment

I'm a big fan of Lazare diamonds! So much so that I talked my mum into buying a 0.78cts one that costs about $7k about 8 years back. Can't rem the grade unless I get her to dig up the certificate.

I also talked my friend's bf into buying her a Lazare as compared to a normal diamond of same quailty but of GIA certificate. His budget then was $8k. He asked if given a choice of a bigger diamond or a Lazare of a smaller size. To me, the quality is more important especially if the stone is big. Fire is utmost importance to me, and Lazare diamonds never fails in that test. He got her a lovely Lazare which she still loves till today.

Unfortunately, SO didn't know about my love for Lazare till he proposed! It's ok, I'll get to inherit my mummy's Lazare!!

Find out more about Lazare diamonds at Lazare Diamonds
              Last edited by shazzerlyn; 27-03-2006, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shazzerlyn
                I'm a big fan of Lazare diamonds! So much so that I talked my mum into buying a 0.78cts one that costs about $7k about 8 years back. Can't rem the grade unless I get her to dig up the certificate.
                wow, seems like Lazare's price has gone up over the years! I just got mine months ago, 0.71c costing 10k! Looks like a good 'investment' ya

Comment

***!!
                  this thread is really getting interesting
                  thanks chooz for ur advise
                  me and SO are reviewing our budget, going to make some adjustments
                  esp now parents are involved and would be chipping in.
                  i think for us now, our budget would go into our house reno + rings + wedding dress+tux
                  our wedding dinner is being taken care of by our parents...hehe

i probably would settle for 0.5
                  hehe

Comment

am sure prices has been going up to keep pace with inflation

prices also depends on the quality of the diamond, the clarity, colour etc

but I simply love Lazare diamonds, I think it's one of the nicest diamonds around! If you go to Larry to service your diamond, you can use their equipement and see your diamond's serial no. which is inscribed in the middle of the diamond's gridle.

Comment

Just wondering..
                      Was reading this thread & all the posts about diamonds etc.. & saw names like Lee Hwa, Goldheart & Larry, etc.. popping up but there was no mention of Diamond Industries at Scotts & Kallang i think.. Any reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Ceres
                        Just wondering..
                        Was reading this thread & all the posts about diamonds etc.. & saw names like Lee Hwa, Goldheart & Larry, etc.. popping up but there was no mention of Diamond Industries at Scotts & Kallang i think.. Any reasons?
                        erm, I'm not too sure about the reason .... but I'll let you in on something I have encountered at Diamond Industries (Scotts outlet) when my hb and I were shopping for my diamond ring ... The person who served me (some managerial level somemore) actually told us that if we really want beautiful, good quality diamonds, check out the Lazare at Larry's!! Can you believe that???

That was how we got to know about Lazare ... the sales person (manager) actually looked so impressed with Lazare that he went like '"you should check out the Lazare, they are very very beeeuuuuutiiiifulllll ..... " Can see that he is so 'in love' with the diamonds .... ha ha ha

Comment

Oh... I am actually that kind of girl who don't mind whether the diamond is recognized or not.
                          In house quality 0.7 E-F colour with VS1 will already make me

Thanks for your inputs Chooz.

Originally posted by chooz
                          pinkdewy,

If it's a Destinee against a normal in-house diamond, I suggest you go for the bigger, cheaper in-house one ... hee hee Destinee is only unique and regconized by Lee Hwa, unlike Lazare which is recognized for it's quality cut world wide which I think worth slurging on

I've checked out the Destinee before and I personally think that our local jeweller Lee Hwa is charging too much for it, definitely not worth my fortune.

Just my 2 cents too

Comment

Originally posted by pinkdewy
                            Oh... I am actually that kind of girl who don't mind whether the diamond is recognized or not.
                            In house quality 0.7 E-F colour with VS1 will already make me

Thanks for your inputs Chooz.

Great ! So you got your 0.7 ring from Lee Hwa yet? Do share with us ya!

Comment

i gotta agree with happybean on the affinity we feel for the stone.
                              bf and i shopped for the stone together and we set our eyes on this particular stone almost immediately.

after calculating the discounts and all, we realised it was below his budget. being a nice guy, he suggested to look for a bigger stone or probably better specs. however, after looking at many others we still settled on that first stone because we just 'felt' that that's THE ONE eventhough there are better ones that are within budget.

Comment

Working...
                              X