Community Centre wedding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Centre wedding?

Anyone getting married or has a friend getting married in a community centre next month? What's it like?

i've attended one wedding (my bro's god-sister's wedding) at a community centre hall and seriously i felt it's disgusting. It's totally un-glam and a face-losing event. I would rather not throw a banquet. It was noisy, no ambience, food sux and I really don't know how to describe further....It's really a turn-off. If attending a dinner like this, I think there's not much need to be very dressed up. Absolutely no gowns/cocktail dresses needed. Just casual.

just my worth of thoughts..

Comment

i thought nowadays only our malays counterparts will hold their weddings there..

Comment

roseberry, even though it might be unglam or noisy, no ambience, food sux and a turn-off, i guess there is still a need to dress, at least presentable cause i feel that is respecting the couple and its a happy occassion.

Comment

yah definitely presentable ... nothing sloppy. nice casual should be ok

Comment

I have attended those kind of weddings when i was a young gal, they were popular in the 90's

Comment

I still see some wedddings being held at the CCs nearby, althought not very frequently..

Although it is definitely not my choice or wish to hold my wedding in a CC, I still feel that we shouldn't slam couple who do.. Afterall, it is their big day, and after weighing several factors and constraints, maybe they felt that it was the best to do so...

When we attend weddings it should be to give our blessings and well wishes to the newly-weds, not judge them based on the venue or food...

Just my
              Last edited by Lynn99; 12-04-2006, 09:24 PM.

Comment

yeah true, instead of spending all their cash on a lavish wedding, they can save it up for other important stuff...

Comment

nevermind if it is unglam or noisy or "low class", just go give yr best wishes..
                  dress up casually..to fit in the ambience..

Comment

i attended CC wedding before and it was very very noisy! and the aircon is not cooling... although they may serve better food but i think the guests might be turned off due to the warm hall

Comment

Friends wedding was held at a CC. Nothing to look down on. But since they are in their early 20s they dont have much $ to spare as it was a very unplanned wedding.
                      didnt like the ambience and most guest came in jeans and t shirt. It was buffet. Small, no proper sound system not enough place to sit.

Comment

yah it's nothing to look down on but at least to me it's just the extreme last alternative.

Comment

even if i am very poor, i would never hold wedding at CC..

Comment

Originally posted by magical
                            i thought nowadays only our malays counterparts will hold their weddings there..
                            Geez, that's kinda stereotypical don't ya think? I've seen other weddings held there besides malay ones.

Personally, I wouldn't like to hold my wedding there but like someone mentioned earlier, isn't the whole purpose of going to a wedding would be to give your blessings to the couple? Not rate the celebration on the location or the food available?

Comment

agree that i'm too stereotypical from my above statement..well, that's just my opinion cos i have always heard from some of my malay friends that they like to hold their weddings in the CC.. no ill intention here..

Comment

Working...
                              X