Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heels vs knee caps pain

Hey all,

Does anyone of you get knee caps pain from wearing heels that are too high?

I was running down the escalator this morning (chasing for bus), and after that my knee caps had been feeling 'strange'. But exactly in pain, but more like very 'suan1' .

Anyone felt this before? Thanks!

i don't normally wear heels but i always have this knee cap pain there. and its very painful whenever i cross my legs for a long period of time. maybe its due to past injuries cause i play bowling very often in the past and have to bend my knee very often.

Comment

yea sometimes that's why i try not to wear it ... move on to flats or sandals

Comment

Okay, so this is a very old thread.. but any one else has this problem? I've been having for awhile already because of my frequent dance schedule (I'm 19 this year), my knee caps feel sort of 'funny' but not painful when i wear heels even for pretty short periods of time..

Comment

*** is a sympton of knee cap wearing off. Pls be careful. I use 2 b able 2 hear cracking sound on my knee when I climb d stairs. But recover due 2 consumption of bone mass builder. Pls take care of u'll find ur knee suan @ nite during cold weather or air con.

Comment

High heels put a lot of stress on the spine, the knees and feet. However, simply reducing the height of the heels by one inch will help a lot.

Wearing out of the knee cap is a condition known as chondromalacia patellae and usually becomes painful when we are middle aged. This occurs when the cartilage cushioning the knee cap wears out.

In many cases, it's a case of wear and tear (especially when it becomes symptomatic at middle age). However, young people can get this too- because of malalignment of the patella (which causes the patella to slide awkwardly when we walk) or weakened quadriceps muscles (the muscles in front of the thigh).

Wearing a knee brace during dance lessons/physical activity helps support the knee. In addition, there are exercises which can tone the quadriceps muscle (it won't make your thighs big- if anything, it'll shape the thighs better). Just google for "chondromalacia patella exercise".

Hope this helps.

Comment

my sis went to doc because she felt pain in her knee cap..doc say she don hv **** calcium..

Comment

Originally posted by felicity View Post
                Hey all,

Does anyone of you get knee caps pain from wearing heels that are too high?

I was running down the escalator this morning (chasing for bus), and after that my knee caps had been feeling 'strange'. But exactly in pain, but more like very 'suan1' .

Anyone felt this before? Thanks!
                Yes, i did experience before and i endure the pain for 2 months before i went Doc for X-tray. And it was really pain that i was limping walking.

There is nothing wrong with my knee cap just swelling inside that explains why the pain is there for so long. Doc advise is don't wear such high heels so much that strain your muscles

So he will just prescribe you some pain killer that's all.

Comment

Heyhey, all should take care of their knees. My grandma went for op on her knees, can hardly walk now. =(

Comment

poor grandma of eclipsepmint. But sometimes when the degeneration is so bad, knee replacement surgery may be all they have. By then, also muscles would have weakened significantly to support the new knees. Medical science has a long way to find better cures for age related problems.

Comment

Both my kneecaps are misaligned but I did knee arthroscopy on one knee first. Now I hear cracking noises from the operated knee if I stand up after sitting too long, and cracking and some pain on the other knee when I do leg pushes. The original pain has been reduced, so that's something good out of the op!

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsepmint View Post
                        Heyhey, all should take care of their knees. My grandma went for op on her knees, can hardly walk now. =(
                        Yes, my friend's grandma, reaching 70, who is wheel chair for years bound due to weak knees & obesity. After 6 months of therapy & nutrition, she is able to walk with clutches. The last time I saw her, she is already walking on her.

Any age also can cure. Just that you must know the right methods.

I also introduce the nutrition to my mum cause she is approaching 60 soon.

Comment

i went for knee arthoscopy and repair sometime back in December. I actually torn my meniscus whilst wearing super high wedges and went to pee at a squat cubicle. It went CRACK or POP followed by a tear sensation in the knee. Then next was 'sng sng' feeling then a day or two after that my knee swelled up. For damage in the meniscus, i was told that even glucosamine doesn't do much help. Glucosamine actually is for the knee joint to help it maintain its lubrication so that when we're older we can actually prevent arthritis... Pls do take care when you want to squat in heels... go SLOWLY...

Comment

I'm only 19 and already on glucosamine! It does make a difference though, i think. I just stay off heels now, and i try to wear a knee support whenever i'm doing more high impact activities.

Comment

I have an injured ankle and degenerated knee cap due to vigorous gym sessions.
                              Now... busted legs... where they get inflame at times when I walk alot.
                              My ankle used to have this giving way feeling when I leap or walk off from stone curbs.
                              Now they have sort of recovered slowly.
                              I seldom wear heels though they make me ultra tall and slender.
                              Ongoing injections to lubricate the knee cap and oral intake of expensive glucosamine.

Comment

Working...
                              X