Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I miss staying with mum & dad .. what about you??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss staying with mum & dad .. what about you??

I want to start this thread cos we have been going OT alot for the other one at washing clothings ..

i want to say i miss staying with my mum & dad most after i got married ...

my kid sister is always urging me to go home for dinner .. cos mummy will then cook lots of good dishes .. otherwise its mostly simple ones .. and daddy will buy my fav Peel Fresh or squeeze fresh orange juice for me to drink there .. as well as to bring home .. and dad will ensure there is ample beer in the fridge for my DH .. and every week, there will be new toys for my DS ..

Mummy is still the best !!

aww.. your parents are uber sweet! i was chatting with SO regarding this issue few days back and i guess i will miss my parents terribly too especially i am so close to my mum..

Comment

I'm still staying with my parents because according to them I'm still very much a child who cannot survive one day outside the house.

But sometimes I wish I'm staying on my own because it sounds so cool
      I have friends who are staying on their own and although they complain about the struggle with $$ and housework, I know secretly that they actually feel very proud and liberated.

Are there any ladies who are single yet staying out on their own?

Comment

i am, if it is counted.. Not really nice staying alone cause it usually means no good nice home cook food. But it does have its good side, cause you can make a complete mess of your room and there is no one there is nag at you.
        thinks it is a trade-off.

Comment

Yup, I miss them 'cos I miss talking to them, their presence and delicious home cooked food. Even my dog loves to go to my parent's place, she will be whining and struggling whilst we climb the steps home!

Comment

Originally posted by polka_dots
            aww.. your parents are uber sweet! i was chatting with SO regarding this issue few days back and i guess i will miss my parents terribly too especially i am so close to my mum..
            Yes my mum & dad dotes on us kids alot .. and i appreciate them even more now that i am a mother myself .. dote and not spoil us ..

initially, me and DH were always running home to spend time with them after i got married but after that it became lessor and lessor and i feel so sad nt being able to spend more time with them ..

Comment

i had my taste of independence when i went overseas to study from the age of 16 - 21. from not knowing how to fold my blanket to knowing how to do laundry, clean toilets and cook, i think i learnt a lot now i am back to staying with my parents. if one day they decide to kick me out of the house, at least i think i will be able to survive

Comment

I have always been staying with my grandparents, and in recent years, they have passed away, thus leaving me alone at home. Used to have a maid at home who does all the housework, but since my grandparents are no longer around, the maid's gone too! Although my aunt and cousines are staying next door, we hardly see each other... Don't really enjoy much independence as everyday am tired from work and too lazy to go out. No dinner at home, do all the housework, cook and wash and clean the whole flat by myself, Boy! That's hard work!

Comment

i feel the same way too. i really truly appreciate my parents when I got married. whenever i go home, they never fail to cook my favourite dishes........ they will alwayssit down and hear me complain about my work etc etc. Parents are the best!!!

Comment

I'm going to take the big step to move overseas next month. Am sure I'm going to miss my parents and family alot. At a quarter century old, I'm still so reliant on them. Gawd.... I even contemplated not marrying just to live with them and be close to them.

Comment

not at all, never did. always wanted to move out which is why i married as early as i could

Comment

for me not so much... hasn;t been staying with them since uni days.. but my mum lives with me now (as my parents are seperated) so i still received the love fr my mum like a little gal

Comment

wow cant imagine how badly i'll miss my family when i go overseas to study next year.. the food, the love, ahhhhhhh!!

Comment

I want to get married and move out as soon as I can as well.

Unfortunately, I can't get married early because we're low on *kaching*!

Comment

love the independence of living on my own
                              but miss the naggings from my folks especially dad
                              actually i get a lot of perks at home, like i have a fairy who does the laundry and cooking
                              and an ATM who never fails me

Comment

Working...
                              X